Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Did Christianity Borrow From Paganism?

Did Christianity Borrow From Paganism? 04 Dec 2019 10:41 #21

• Frothy
  • Twilight Zoned
  • True life is elsewhere
Truthspoon
THE NARRATIVE OF ISIS SAYS “BY SEX”
“I am Isis, who conceived a child by her husband, and she became heavy with Horus, the divine [child]. I gave birth to Horus, the son of Osiris, in a nest of papyrus plants.” [“II. The Narrative of Isis” in Legends of the Gods: The Egyptian Texts, ed with Trans. by Budge (1912).]

That's idiotic, do you realise? Put it like this, 'Mary - according to the NT conceived a child from god without having sex with said god, so what makes you think that isis conceiving a child from Osiris means that those two had ''SEX'' in any other way than god and Mary did?

The Egyptian religion believed that ISIS was a virgin mother to Horus, that's all that matters here, because it's a forerunner for the narrative to be repeated in your religion.

As far as I'm concerned it's all a heap of shit, but don't go pretending that your religion is pure and original, except that it states that the son took human form, apart from that all the other traits are reruns of other religious narratives.

It's not even monotheism, pretending to split one god into two wan't wash.
Once a hyena always a hyena.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: peacenik

Did Christianity Borrow From Paganism? 04 Dec 2019 14:58 #22

• Truthspoon
  • One foot in hyperspace and the other in some dogshit.
Frothy wrote:
Wrong hwn.t means maiden.

www.medu.ipetisut.com/index.php?og=maiden

maiden = virgin.

Wrong.

www.ancient.eu/article/934/love-sex-and-marriage-in-ancient-egypt/
In fact, there is no word for "virgin" in ancient Egyptian; suggesting that one's degree of sexual experience - or lack of any - was not thought a matter of consequence.

anthropology.msu.edu/anp455-fs14/2014/10/23/ancient-egyptian-sexuality/
There was apparently no concept of virginity or any sort of expectation for it.

www.psychologytoday.com/au/blog/hide-and-seek/201710/love-sex-and-marriage-in-ancient-egypt
They did not value chastity, with no word for 'virginity', and illegitimacy carried neither shame nor stigma.
Last Edit: 04 Dec 2019 15:20 by Truthspoon.

Did Christianity Borrow From Paganism? 04 Dec 2019 17:54 #23

• Gloria
  • Fresh Member
ehh Christianity has not to do so much with Jesus even though he´s its main star - Jesus was not even born on Dec. 24 :think:
Christianity was invented from Emperor Constantin :cool2:

"always laugh when you can, it is cheap medicine"
Last Edit: 04 Dec 2019 17:57 by Gloria.

Did Christianity Borrow From Paganism? 04 Dec 2019 18:55 #24

• Gloria
  • Fresh Member
also :)

Did Christianity Borrow From Paganism? 04 Dec 2019 20:05 #25

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Truthspoon wrote:
peacenik wrote:
Truthspoon and Ugh are utterly hopeless.

I had a great deal of respect for you.....but you're throwing that away and making yourself look like a fool right now.

Sorry to hear that! But, that's the risk you take when you discuss a controversial topic such as, 'Christianity',

I assume full responsibility for the personal attack.

But, I will NOT apoligise for the controversial content I have posted on this topic. no matter who it offends.
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Last Edit: 04 Dec 2019 20:08 by peacenik.

Did Christianity Borrow From Paganism? 05 Dec 2019 03:46 #26

• MrAnderson
  • Silver Member

this is the kind of Jesus I was knowing when I was younger

We never went to Church and I have never been baptized

I was an odd child though because I used to read the Bible when I was about 7 or 8 right up into my teens

The older I get the less gripe I have with Jesus and his story

I just don't think it's worth fighting anyone over anyway

We have bigger problems than Jesus IMO
Last Edit: 05 Dec 2019 03:49 by MrAnderson.

Did Christianity Borrow From Paganism? 05 Dec 2019 03:51 #27

• MrAnderson
  • Silver Member
Gloria wrote:

oh that reminds me it's nearly Christmas ( as if I need reminding )

and so on internet forums I will have to put up with miserable fucks wanting to piss all over the one fucking nice day a year we still have to ourselves that no jew or muslim gets to be happy about

so fuck being miserable about christmas

I am enjoying it more every year now I realize how bent out of shape the jews get about it
Last Edit: 05 Dec 2019 03:51 by MrAnderson.

Did Christianity Borrow From Paganism? 05 Dec 2019 06:01 #28

• Frothy
  • Twilight Zoned
  • True life is elsewhere
Truthspoon wrote:
Frothy wrote:
Wrong hwn.t means maiden.

www.medu.ipetisut.com/index.php?og=maiden

maiden = virgin.

Wrong.

www.ancient.eu/article/934/love-sex-and-marriage-in-ancient-egypt/
In fact, there is no word for "virgin" in ancient Egyptian; suggesting that one's degree of sexual experience - or lack of any - was not thought a matter of consequence.

anthropology.msu.edu/anp455-fs14/2014/10/23/ancient-egyptian-sexuality/
There was apparently no concept of virginity or any sort of expectation for it.

www.psychologytoday.com/au/blog/hide-and-seek/201710/love-sex-and-marriage-in-ancient-egypt
They did not value chastity, with no word for 'virginity', and illegitimacy carried neither shame nor stigma.

Maiden translates with virgin, the two words are interchangeable, the story of Horus is that mother isis birthed him and father Osiris didn't have a penis, so they didn't have sex, whether you want to call her a virgin or not is up to you, I'm not telling you what to do. The point is Horus in the myth was born without his mother and father shagging, his father had no penis, it was severed and lost in the River Nile.By today's standards Horus would have been born to a virgin, just like the jesus myth.

You're welcome to believe your own mythical religion but it;s a bit cranky to change the myths of others to try and validate your own myth as being a factual reality.
Last Edit: 05 Dec 2019 06:06 by Frothy.

Did Christianity Borrow From Paganism? 05 Dec 2019 06:26 #29

• Frothy
  • Twilight Zoned
  • True life is elsewhere
Gloria

I watched about half of the video, regarding Northern Europe, Siberia etc.... the fir tree wasn't worshipped or held in any real regard, it was used by shaman they would hang their fly-agaric mushrooms on fir trees to partially dry them out, it's where decorating the tree came from.

The mushrooms were later delivered into the yurts (huts) via the top smoke hole in the roof as the doorways were often locked with heavy snow. In the morning the residents would finish drying the mushrooms over their fireplaces by hanging them in stockings, later they would consume the mushrooms and receive a trip which would be a review of their behaviour over the past year, bad boys have bad trips etc....

....the story of Scrooge is a good example of that but of course Scrooge just had the trips without taking mushrooms ha!

:yes:
Last Edit: 05 Dec 2019 06:34 by Frothy.

Did Christianity Borrow From Paganism? 05 Dec 2019 06:29 #30

• peacenik
  • Immortal
MrAnderson wrote:

The older I get the less gripe I have with Jesus and his story

I don't know if would call it a 'gripe', but there is definitely something hidden in Christianity that we are not to question or investigate, and it's not something petty, it's something really big and significate, something earth shaking, something that could cause a new golden age of Man.

It's something that fascinates me to no end.

Christianity was so much different then, than it is now. Early Christians actually believed in reincarnation, rebirth, past lives, and pre-existance. Something you will agree, is a hundred and eighty degree different that what's believed now a days .

All of these ancient Christian beliefs were squashed and the believers hunted down and murdered and their books burned. So the Christianity of today is only what we've been allowed to know.

We do not have a coherent picture Christianity.

I believe evil has infiltrated Christianity long ago (like it does everything else)..... and the reason for the infiltration was to confound and confuse Man's spirituality and his relationship with God?
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Last Edit: 05 Dec 2019 06:32 by peacenik.

Did Christianity Borrow From Paganism? 05 Dec 2019 12:14 #31

• annabelle
  • Silver Member
There is no Christian scriptural/historical backing of (or validity for) the concepts of reincarnation, past lives or rebirth. Their is historical scriptural validity for the Christian belief in pre-existence. Pre-existence, from the Christian/scriptural perspective, had and has nothing to do with the belief in reincarnation, past lives or rebirth, none whatsoever.

On another note, Constantine was a pagan who decided to integrate paganism with 'Christianity'.....thus 'legalizing' it, as 'illegal' Christianity was becoming more and more of a very real threat as growing multitudes, including soldiers, were converting to Christianity... despite the very real risks for doing so (including being put to death) . He made up his 'Christian conversion' to combine the two, thus hoping to strip Christianity of it's raw power by deceptively integrating it with paganism.. In reality, Constantine had not converted, he was never a Christian, he was a pagan, to the end.

Christianity did not 'borrow' from Paganism, they are diametrically opposed. Pagans, through false means, launched an agenda to integrate Paganism into Christianity, thus 'legalizing' it, partly for political reasons and to stem the tide of a growing Christianity that could not then be controlled through tactics of suppression and threats to life and livelihood.
Last Edit: 05 Dec 2019 12:16 by annabelle.
User(s) who Liked this post: Truthspoon, Flare, Ugh

Did Christianity Borrow From Paganism? 05 Dec 2019 16:48 #32

• Frothy
  • Twilight Zoned
  • True life is elsewhere
Christianity didn't borrow from paganism it stole from it, Easter and Christmas being perfect examples. The Vatican is seeped in Paganism, we Europeans were murdered for rejecting that Holy crap, women and children screaming as they burned.

Our religion is European/norse - not sand nigger.

All Christians can fuck off and live in Israel where they belong, well they don't but that's where they preach about.

it's no better than having a bunch of high powered voodoos taking over with their fucking zombies.
Last Edit: 05 Dec 2019 16:55 by Frothy.

Did Christianity Borrow From Paganism? 05 Dec 2019 18:03 #33

• Truthspoon
  • One foot in hyperspace and the other in some dogshit.
Better Christ than Crowley Frothy.....

You can say 'sand nigger' as much as you like.... it won't stop you following Crowley into hell son.

Did Christianity Borrow From Paganism? 05 Dec 2019 19:10 #34

• peacenik
  • Immortal
annabelle wrote:
There is no Christian scriptural/historical backing of (or validity for) the concepts of reincarnation, past lives or rebirth. Their is historical scriptural validity for the Christian belief in pre-existence. Pre-existence, from the Christian/scriptural perspective, had and has nothing to do with the belief in reincarnation, past lives or rebirth, none whatsoever.

Let me see if I am following you?

You admit to "Their is historical scriptural validity for the Christian belief in pre-existence". Yet, you don't know what pre-existance is and have no idea what it means for Christianity? ...is that right?

FYI, Pre-Existance is the catch-all phrase for reincarnation, past lives, and rebirth. You will notice, you cannot discuss one of these without including the others. E,g, you cannot believe in reincarnation w/o at the same time believing in past lives, and rebirth. The ecumenical CouncilIt solved this by just calling it all, "pre-existance".

So, there is no way you can admit to one w/o admitting to the others. They are all interrelated.

It's very, very important this is understood,

"Pre- Existence", means exactly that, it means, "living before current existence" which is what "rebirth" is, which is what "past lives" is, which is what reincarnation is.

So, by condeming Pre-Existance, the ecumenical Council also condemed, past lives, rebirth, and reincarnation.

So you see, all of this had to be already be in existence within the Christian religion in order for it to be condemned in the first place?

Thus, You cannot truthfully say, "There is no Christian scriptural/historical backing of (or validity for) the concepts of reincarnation, past lives or rebirth.

I hope I've made my point on this?

By validating Pre-existance you at once validate the existance of past lives, reincarnation, and rebirth to.

We good, Annabelle?

Last Edit: 06 Dec 2019 02:58 by peacenik.

Did Christianity Borrow From Paganism? 06 Dec 2019 18:16 #35

• peacenik
  • Immortal
What! No response? Not even a glib, unintelligent, one?

I just exposed a major conspiracy against Man's spirituality and no one has anything to say?

WTF is wrong with you people?

WTF do you do in your spare time...chase butterflies?... give names to rocks?.....knit sweaters?
Last Edit: 06 Dec 2019 20:32 by peacenik.

Did Christianity Borrow From Paganism? 06 Dec 2019 18:25 #36

• Gloria
  • Fresh Member
Frothy wrote:
Gloria

I watched about half of the video, regarding Northern Europe, Siberia etc.... the fir tree wasn't worshipped or held in any real regard, it was used by shaman they would hang their fly-agaric mushrooms on fir trees to partially dry them out, it's where decorating the tree came from.

The mushrooms were later delivered into the yurts (huts) via the top smoke hole in the roof as the doorways were often locked with heavy snow. In the morning the residents would finish drying the mushrooms over their fireplaces by hanging them in stockings, later they would consume the mushrooms and receive a trip which would be a review of their behaviour over the past year, bad boys have bad trips etc....

....the story of Scrooge is a good example of that but of course Scrooge just had the trips without taking mushrooms ha!

:yes:

there are theories that Coca Cola invented the color scheme for Santa Claus :wissl: :ponda: :yes:

Did Christianity Borrow From Paganism? 06 Dec 2019 21:18 #37

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 71, right winger, Christian, English
peacenik wrote:
..Horus delivered a ‘Sermon on the Mount”..

You gotta be jiving us boy! Since when do birds talk?..;)

Oh wait---

Last Edit: 06 Dec 2019 21:18 by Ugh.

Did Christianity Borrow From Paganism? 06 Dec 2019 21:28 #38

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
peacenik wrote:
WTF do you do in your spare time...chase butterflies?... give names to rocks?.....knit sweaters?

That reminds me, the Waltons is on TV later- "Granma knits a shawl for the County Fair, and Olivia bakes a cake", hmm sounds good..:)
As for Paganism I've got no beef with it because it's got some good points, for example in 'The Wicker Man' Lord Summerisle presents this young boy to the landlords daughter so that she can teach him the joys of sex, the lucky little fucker..

Did Christianity Borrow From Paganism? 06 Dec 2019 23:11 #39

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Ugh wrote:
peacenik wrote:

That reminds me, the Waltons is on TV later- "Granma knits a shawl for the County Fair, and Olivia bakes a cake", hmm sounds good..:)
As for Paganism I've got no beef with it because it's got some good points, for example in 'The Wicker Man' Lord Summerisle presents this young boy to the landlords daughter so that she can teach him the joys of sex, the lucky little fucker..

That's it! That's your response?

I just showed you a conspiracy against Man's spiritual self in post #34 above and this is your response, some off topic, BS.

Please address the points I have made in this thread, instead of all that other stuff.

Did Christianity Borrow From Paganism? 07 Dec 2019 01:29 #40

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
peacenik wrote:
That's it! That's your response?
I just showed you a conspiracy against Man's spiritual self..and this is your response, some off topic, BS..

Sorry mate I thought you were just having fun with us when you said that freaky cockatoo Horus delivered a sermon on the mount, and I drifted away smiling to watch 'Destroyed in Seconds'..:)

PS speaking of cockatoos, as a kid my mother used to say to me every time I went out- "Comb your hair before people see it, it's sticking up on top like a cockatoo!"
Even now, 65 years later I still can't help glancing sideways at my reflection as I pass shop windows to see if its still sticking up..:)
..:)