Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How did Biblical Heroes live such Long Life Spans?

How did Biblical Heroes live such Long Life Spans? 09 Jan 2020 22:16 #1

• peacenik
  • Immortal
How did biblical heroes live such long life spans?

Welcome to a mystery that has stumped scholars for hundreds of years. How did biblical heroes live such long lives when the average life in a human body at that time was said to live only 50 to 55 years old?

We are assuming the Bible is factual, and is taken literally? Here is a partial list of said biblical heroes….
Methuselah, died at 969 years of age.
Yered, died at 962 years of age.
Noah, died at 950 years of age.
Adam, died at 930 years of age.
Seth, died at 912 years of age.
Kenan, died at 910 years of age.
Enosh, died at 905 years of age.
Mahalalel, died at 895 years of age.
Lamech, died at 777 years of age.
Shem, died at 600 years of age.

These are impossible life spans, yet are referenced in the bible.

And, the bible wasn’t only ones who documented extradentary life spans. The Sumerian kings list tells the same story of impossible life spans….

‘After the kingship descended from heaven, the kingship was in Eridu.
In Eridu, Alulim became king; he ruled for 28,800 years.
Alalgar ruled for 36,000 years.
Two kings; they ruled for 64800 years.’

www.livius.org/sources/content/anet/266-the-sumerian-king-list/

Evidence of long supernatural life spans can also be found in ancient, China, India, and Persia….

s8int.com/phile/page44.html

Listen very carefully with an open mind, and I will tell you my opinion on how these ancient peoples lived such extraordinary life spans? They lived long extraordinary long lives because they were able to reincarnate into the same bloodline or similar bloodline over and over again.

blue marble female betta

I call it, ‘targeted reincarnation’, because that’s what it was. It wasn’t randomly picking a body from any ol’ family or group, it was targeted to keeping the same identity through a succession of bodies.

So, through a succession of incarnating into bodies from the same or similar family or blood line, one accomplished extreme longevity by maintaining the same identity through a succession of bodies.

Example: King Alulim of Eridu’s body just died. He would typically hang around and get inside of a pregnant woman of his choosing from inside the palace. Once he was reborn into a newborn baby he once again assumed the throne as, king Alulim.

It was in this way, King Aluim lived to be, 28,800 years old. It is in this way, the biblical Adam lived to be 930 years old.

I submit to you, the reader, if there really was a real, biblical Adam, and Adam really did live to be 930 years old, as the Bible says, It could only be accomplished logically through, reincarnation as I have outlined above?
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Last Edit: 09 Jan 2020 22:58 by peacenik.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

How did Biblical Heroes live such Long Life Spans? 10 Jan 2020 08:33 #2

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 71, right winger, Christian, English
peacenik wrote:
We are assuming the Bible is factual....

Nope, only hardcore fundies assume the bible is rigidly factual and literal, I've been kicking their dumb asses on the forums for years..:)
The rest of us take a more open-minded view and realise God (and Jesus) had to use symbology, analogy, metaphor and parables to explain the Big Picture in a way our mortal minds could hopefully understand, but it was still an uphill job-
JC said- "You hardly believe me when I tell you earthly things, so how would you believe me if I told you heavenly things?" (John 3:12)

Regarding the "long life" thing, we know for a scientific fact that time is stretchy and elastic, so we can speculate that in ancient times perhaps "god time" didn't correspond to current "human time"
..:)

Last Edit: 10 Jan 2020 08:36 by Ugh.

How did Biblical Heroes live such Long Life Spans? 10 Jan 2020 19:50 #3

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Ugh wrote:
peacenik wrote:
We are assuming the Bible is factual....

Nope, only hardcore fundies assume the bible is rigidly factual and literal, I've been kicking their dumb asses on the forums for years..:)
The rest of us take a more open-minded view and realise God (and Jesus) had to use symbology, analogy, metaphor and parables to explain the Big Picture in a way our mortal minds could hopefully understand, but it was still an uphill job-
JC said- "You hardly believe me when I tell you earthly things, so how would you believe me if I told you heavenly things?" (John 3:12)

Regarding the "long life" thing, we know for a scientific fact that time is stretchy and elastic, so we can speculate that in ancient times perhaps "god time" didn't correspond to current "human time"
..:)

OK but,.....are you agreeing or disagreeing with me that these extraordinary life spans are due to reincarnation, or not?
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Last Edit: 10 Jan 2020 19:51 by peacenik.

How did Biblical Heroes live such Long Life Spans? 10 Jan 2020 22:23 #4

• redpill
  • Fresh Member
peacenik wrote:

Welcome to a mystery that has stumped scholars for hundreds of years. How did biblical heroes live such long lives when the average life in a human body at that time was said to live only 50 to 55 years old?

We are assuming the Bible is factual, and is taken literally? Here is a partial list of said biblical heroes….
Methuselah, died at 969 years of age.
Yered, died at 962 years of age.
Noah, died at 950 years of age.
Adam, died at 930 years of age.
Seth, died at 912 years of age.
Kenan, died at 910 years of age.
Enosh, died at 905 years of age.
Mahalalel, died at 895 years of age.
Lamech, died at 777 years of age.
Shem, died at 600 years of age.

These are impossible life spans, yet are referenced in the bible.

And, the bible wasn’t only ones who documented extradentary life spans. The Sumerian kings list tells the same story of impossible life spans….

‘After the kingship descended from heaven, the kingship was in Eridu.
In Eridu, Alulim became king; he ruled for 28,800 years.
Alalgar ruled for 36,000 years.
Two kings; they ruled for 64800 years.’

Evidence of long supernatural life spans can also be found in ancient, China, India, and Persia….

s8int.com/phile/page44.html

Listen very carefully with an open mind, and I will tell you my opinion on how these ancient peoples lived such extraordinary life spans? They lived long extraordinary long lives because they were able to reincarnate into the same bloodline or similar bloodline over and over again.

I call it, ‘targeted reincarnation’, because that’s what it was. It wasn’t randomly picking a body from any ol’ family or group, it was targeted to keeping the same identity through a succession of bodies.

So, through a succession of incarnating into bodies from the same or similar family or blood line, one accomplished extreme longevity by maintaining the same identity through a succession of bodies.

Example: King Alulim of Eridu’s body just died. He would typically hang around and get inside of a pregnant woman of his choosing from inside the palace. Once he was reborn into a newborn baby he once again assumed the throne as, king Alulim.

It was in this way, King Aluim lived to be, 28,800 years old. It is in this way, the biblical Adam lived to be 930 years old.

I submit to you, the reader, if there really was a real, biblical Adam, and Adam really did live to be 930 years old, as the Bible says, It could only be accomplished logically through, reincarnation as I have outlined above?

How brain dead do you have to be to believe any of that bullshit.
Last Edit: 10 Jan 2020 22:24 by redpill.

How did Biblical Heroes live such Long Life Spans? 11 Jan 2020 00:27 #5

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Another mystery is, why did the extra long life spans go on the decline after the Great Flood? Why was the great flood such a pivotal time for the reduction of long life spans?

You will notice, the obvious decline in life spans, plotted against the timeline of the Great Flood, in the graph below....

Last Edit: 11 Jan 2020 01:51 by peacenik.

How did Biblical Heroes live such Long Life Spans? 11 Jan 2020 03:58 #6

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
peacenik wrote:
OK but,.....are you agreeing or disagreeing with me that these extraordinary life spans are due to reincarnation, or not?

Well I can't find any bible verses that say we or anybody else reincarnates..:)

How did Biblical Heroes live such Long Life Spans? 11 Jan 2020 05:01 #7

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Ugh wrote:
peacenik wrote:

Well I can't find any bible verses that say we or anybody else reincarnates..:)

Try the word, "pre existence". That was the catch-all word that included such things as, rebirth, reincarnation, past lives, afterlife, and transmigration. .....

"Concepts of pre-existence can encompass either the belief that the soul came into existence at some time prior to conception or the belief that the soul is eternal".

.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-existence

We know the church believed in pre existence because the church declared it heresy in the Second Council of Constantinople in AD 553.
Last Edit: 11 Jan 2020 05:28 by peacenik.

How did Biblical Heroes live such Long Life Spans? 13 Jan 2020 02:21 #8

• peacenik
  • Immortal
This thread must pose some uncomfortable questions for the religious fundamentalist?

Here we have the Bible actually saying, Man (Adam) lived an extraordinary life span of 930 years.

If you believe there really was a blibical 'Adam', and if you really believe he lived, 930 years, you only have two ways of looking at it. Both options are equally uncomfortable for the fundamentalist.

A.......Adam lived 930 years in the same body?

or,

B......Adam lived to be 930 years old by inhabiting a succession of similar bodies (reincarnation)?

Last Edit: 13 Jan 2020 02:25 by peacenik.

How did Biblical Heroes live such Long Life Spans? 13 Jan 2020 19:10 #9

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
Time is stretchy and elastic (as Einstein proved), so time in the Bible is "bible time" and not human time..:)
User(s) who Liked this post: peacenik

How did Biblical Heroes live such Long Life Spans? 13 Jan 2020 23:10 #10

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Ugh wrote:
Time is stretchy and elastic (as Einstein proved), so time in the Bible is "bible time" and not human time..:)

Even if that were true, about, "bible time", you still have all those other countries in both the East and the West that had extraordinary long life spans that didn't accept the Bible.

So Mick, is it choice, 'A' or is it choice, 'B'?

Choice 'A' is the materialistic explanation for extraordinary long life spans. Choice 'B' is the spiritual explanation for extraordinary long lifespans.

It is amazing to me that well paid, biblical scholars and 'holy' men, will chose the materialistic option over the spiritual one. They would rather lie to you and tell you that Man has no soul rather than admit Man is a spiritual being. That's how utterly corrupt religion actually is and should never be trusted as an authority on what happens to you after you die.

Take a look at the world view on what happens to you when you die. You're only given two choices to contemplate,....1...is you die when the body dies (materialism), 2... is you go to heaven or hell?

It's a, "catch 22"!

Either way your life is finalized according to these decievers. Either choice is just as ridiculous and spiritually damaging as the other.

Don't believe the religious authorities. Investigate stuff for yourself.

Question everything!
Last Edit: 14 Jan 2020 01:47 by peacenik.
User(s) who Liked this post: sketti

How did Biblical Heroes live such Long Life Spans? 14 Jan 2020 12:11 #11

• Frothy
  • Twilight Zoned
  • True life is elsewhere
When they start with talk like biblical time is different than real time etc etc..... there's no point engaging with them, it's the same as when they pick and choose when and when not to take the bible literally.

The bible is literature, that's why none of it makes sense in the real world. It's a simple as that.
Once a hyena always a hyena.
User(s) who Liked this post: peacenik

How did Biblical Heroes live such Long Life Spans? 14 Jan 2020 12:12 #12

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
peacenik wrote:
Even if that were true, about, "bible time", you still have all those other countries in both the East and the West that had extraordinary long life spans that didn't accept the Bible.
..........biblical scholars..would rather lie to you and tell you that Man has no soul rather than admit Man is a spiritual being..

1- Time is stretchy and elastic regardless of whether anybody believes the bible or not; for example even all atheist scientists say its stretchy and elastic, Stephen Hawking (atheist) said in a TV science programme that time runs slower if we stand near a big massive object like the great pyramid..:)

2- The bible openly says man has a soul and is a spiritual being, just like you say yourself..:)
Last Edit: 14 Jan 2020 12:13 by Ugh.

How did Biblical Heroes live such Long Life Spans? 14 Jan 2020 19:22 #13

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Ugh wrote:
peacenik wrote:
..........biblical scholars..would rather lie to you and tell you that Man has no soul rather than admit Man is a spiritual being..

1- Time is stretchy and elastic regardless of whether anybody believes the bible or not; for example even all atheist scientists say its stretchy and elastic, Stephen Hawking (atheist) said in a TV science programme that time runs slower if we stand near a big massive object like the great pyramid..:)

You are unwittingly making my point for me, Mick. You can't just look at it and say, yep Man is a spiritual being. That's why he lives longer than mortal existence, That's why He lives such extraordinary long lives.

When belief in, 'bible time', time warps, and stuff like that, becomes more credible to you than just admitting, there is a spiritual side of Man that is immortal, that tells me you are a closet materialist and have no real belief in your own soul.

How did Biblical Heroes live such Long Life Spans? 14 Jan 2020 21:59 #14

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
peacenik wrote:
When belief in, 'bible time', time warps, and stuff like that, becomes more credible to you than just admitting, there is a spiritual side of Man that is immortal, that tells me you are a closet materialist and have no real belief in your own soul.

I dunno what you're getting at mate, the bible says quite clearly that our souls are temporarily trapped in our squishy bodies, then are free to fly after the body dies, and I'm fine with that..:)

How did Biblical Heroes live such Long Life Spans? 15 Jan 2020 19:55 #15

• peacenik
  • Immortal
If you are wanting to find out about your own immortality, you're going to have to ditch the Bible. It really is that simple.

The Bible is a suppressive work, meant to confound and confuse. Especially in the area of Man's immortality.

Long before the advent of the Bible, long before the advent of monotheism (belief in one god), Man lived in a different paradigm than the materialistic one we live in now. The ancient Vedic texts were written. and in there, Man's immortality is the main topic of discussion. Not hidden and given out as superstition as the Bible does.

Vedic scripture describe the assumption of bodies (reincarnation) as natural and common place as changing clothes.....'When the body becomes old and worn, the dweller discards the body as an old garment and obtains a new one".

Herein, is the truth about how Adam, the Sumerians, and the rest, lived such long lifespans. They lived in a body until the body became no use to them, then they chose another body from of similar genetics and continued on.

How did Biblical Heroes live such Long Life Spans? 15 Jan 2020 22:53 #16

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
peacenik wrote:
The Bible is a suppressive work, meant to confound and confuse. Especially in the area of Man's immortality..

It don't confound and confuse me mate, perhaps because I've got the love of Jesus in my baby-blue eyes..:)
Jesus said- "Father you loved me before the creation of the world" which indicates Jesus's soul (like ours) has ALWAYS existed.
And God said to young Jeremiah- "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you", which again indicates Jeremiahs soul existed before it was slipped into a human body..:)

How did Biblical Heroes live such Long Life Spans? 17 Jan 2020 20:37 #17

• peacenik
  • Immortal
So, the only logical explanation of why Adam and all the rest, lived such extraordinary long lives was because they reincarnated into the same bloodline, the same family, the same geographical location, the same job as before.

So, what are the benefits of incarnating into a succession of similar bodies?

The guiding word here is, 'continuity'. One reincarnates to continue, the group, the family, the kingship, the race, the culture. By reincarnating, one assures the future survival of all these.

In the past, it was considered one's duty, one's job, to reincarnate into a succession of similar bodies. To do otherwise was considered dishonorable. It meant you didn't like the family, group, or race, you belonged to.

Another benefit was intelligence.

You were more intelligent if you incarnated into the same group, race, family, because everything would be familiar. The re-learning process would be cut in half. You would more readily RE-cognize your environment as you had been there before.

How did Biblical Heroes live such Long Life Spans? 18 Jan 2020 16:06 #18

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
peacenik wrote:
The guiding word here is, 'continuity'. One reincarnates to continue, the group, the family, the kingship, the race, the culture. By reincarnating, one assures the future survival of all these..

But what if somebody who's a crook or murderer or pervert reincarnates? Is he the sort who'd benefit the culture or anything else?
As for Adam and eve, they disobeyed God by munching that apple, so why would he want to reincarnate them?

How did Biblical Heroes live such Long Life Spans? 18 Jan 2020 21:47 #19

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Ugh wrote:
peacenik wrote:
The guiding word here is, 'continuity'. One reincarnates to continue, the group, the family, the kingship, the race, the culture. By reincarnating, one assures the future survival of all these..

But what if somebody who's a crook or murderer or pervert reincarnates? Is he the sort who'd benefit the culture or anything else?
As for Adam and eve, they disobeyed God by munching that apple, so why would he want to reincarnate them?

Everyone, at some point reincarnates into a new body, regardless of moral status. However, there is such a thing as targeting your incarnation to benefit you the most. That would be to incarnate into the same group, family, race, culture, and way of life, as before. This is how those with extraordinary life spans did it.

As far as your, "Garden of Eden" thang, The true evil in the garden was the "god", Yahweh, NOT the serpent.

It was Yahweh who denied Adam and Eve the fruit from the tree of immortality. There's where the real sin is, there's where the real crime is. It was an evil act to deny Man his immortality.

Thus, the traditional view of the garden of eden is a complete reversal of who and what was really evil.
Last Edit: 19 Jan 2020 00:43 by peacenik.

How did Biblical Heroes live such Long Life Spans? 19 Jan 2020 01:55 #20

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Think long and hard before answering this question, as wars have been started and lives have been lost over it......

"Is a newborn baby created at birth? Or, is the newborn an incarnation of a soul already in existence"?

The former is a materialist POV, while the latter is a spiritual POV. People have been brainwashed into the materialist POV because their religion doesn't allow for the spiritual.

If you believe, the newborn baby is created at birth, you have unwittingly adopted the same philosophy as the abortionist, the one who kills the unborn.

Sometimes I think religious fundamentalist would embrace the baby killing materialist rather than admitting to Man's spirituality?
  • Page:
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare