Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Thrill seeking, etc.

Thrill seeking, etc. 04 Oct 2012 23:08 #1

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Are you a thrill seeker? Adrenaline junky? :chuckle:
What was the most hair raising thing you've ever done if anything? :D And when you did it, did you pretty much crap yourself? :chuckle:

Is there anything terrifying you want to try? Skydiving for instance?
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: pheony

Thrill seeking, etc. 04 Oct 2012 23:15 #2

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
No, I'm not a thrill seeker. I won't even get on fair rides :emb: :hahano:

My life, has at times, been a hair raising ride, which is why I now like peace and calm. :)
User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible

Thrill seeking, etc. 04 Oct 2012 23:24 #3

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
I'm exactly the same phe :) A feet on the ground, relaxing, comfortable state of being is better than crapping yourself jumping out of planes etc. :D

I've been on a couple of fairground rides...I didn't like them that much really, I prefered sitting in the cafe eating fish and chips :chuckle:

How anyone can dive out of a plane is beyond me! :O It makes my hands sweat just thinking about it! As does watching "the spiderman", Alain Robert, the guy who climbs skyscrapers with just his bare hands and some chalk! :O My hands have started sweating now just thinking about him :D
Last Edit: 04 Oct 2012 23:27 by irrepressible. Reason: fish and ships?! :D

Thrill seeking, etc. 04 Oct 2012 23:29 #4

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
irrepressible wrote:
I'm exactly the same phe :) A feet on the ground, relaxing, comfortable state of being is better than crapping yourself jumping out of planes etc. :D

I've been on a couple of fairground rides...I didn't like them that much really, I prefered sitting in the cafe eating fish and ships :chuckle:

How anyone can dive out of a plane is beyond me! :O It makes my hands sweat just thinking about it! As does watching "the spiderman", Alain Robert, the guy who climbs skyscrapers with just his bare hands and some chalk! :O My hands have started sweating now just thinking about him :D

You're making my hands sweat just thinking of you eating a ship. :coffee:
User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible, Gilly

Thrill seeking, etc. 04 Oct 2012 23:31 #5

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Yeah I couldn't eat a whole one, unless it was made of chocolate or something :chuckle: :emb: I've edited now :D

Thrill seeking, etc. 04 Oct 2012 23:39 #6

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
Fish and ships... :chuckle:

I'm a 'safe thrill' seeker.....I'll do the biggest baddest rollercoasters etc, but catch me doing rock climbing or abseiling...nope :D
The pen is mightier than the sword

Thrill seeking, etc. 04 Oct 2012 23:47 #7

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
I've only done a tame rollercoaster DG, a crappy mine cart type thing in Tokyo Disney :emb: and the Jurassic Park ride, the Back To The Future ride was the most hair raising, and that was just a stationary car, an illusion, a brain trick, and it felt worse than the rollercoaster :O :chuckle:

Nurburgring Nordshleife on Gran Turismo 4 was quite thrilling...it's only a video game but pushing it at 180 odd mph felt quite scary...some people do it in real life...fuck that! :chuckle:
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer

Thrill seeking, etc. 04 Oct 2012 23:54 #8

• novum
  • Platinum Member
irrepressible wrote:
Nurburgring Nordshleife on Gran Turismo 4 was quite thrilling...it's only a video game but pushing it at 180 odd mph felt quite scary...some people do it in real life...fuck that! :chuckle:

:hahano:

Ive done 170 mph max...and not on the nurburgring...on australias highway 1 :hahano:

I havent skydived or anything like that, but done some things in cars when i was younger and had some close calls. Thats where i would get adrenalin from.

Ive raced cars at the racetrack...and also did streetracing when i was younger some of which was a bit mad i guess.

Once i completely spun out of control on a gearshift in a car while i was data logging a quarter mile run with my laptop...wasnt even my car, i was tuning it for someone else, on a quiet open road...and while it was happening...i guess you could say i thought i was a goner....power poles to the left...but the car ultimately went right, into a freshly plowed paddock that took the speed off and probably saved me from serious injury or death...i felt the car about to go into a multiple roll, but the soft plowed soil absorbed the energy it as the car pushed sideways into it...it was pushing so hard that both tyres were pushed off the rims on one side...and the other side of the car was off the ground...then as the loose soil kept soaking up all the energy... the side in the air fell back down...everything stopped...and that was it..i was ok..and so was the car apart from the tyres coming off the rims...they werent even ruined, just pushed off their beads from the sideways force...had them re-fitted later on and they were ok :D

Another time i road raced a mazda rx7 through the twisties in the hills and as i started pulling away he started getting out of shape trying to keep up...anyway as i looked back i saw him hit the barrier where it was a long drop into the valley, then he pulled the wheel the other way and smashed hard into the cut out hill on the other side of the road....i drove up a bit, turned around to take a look....he was sitting in the car stationary..in total shock...but looked ok...both sides smashed to pieces....so i then got the hell out of there! :hahano:

So they are the two things i remember the most...as well as racing some bikes and suprising them with a car up to and beyond 120mph :hahano:

If i could do it over i think id be a race car driver, seriously. Circuit racing and so on...But you have to get into karting etc when you are young and become known. Its actually safer than messing around on the roads...which people really shouldnt do...because the cars have more safety built into them and you wear a helmet and so on.
He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.
- Compressions 13.3:1
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, irrepressible

Thrill seeking, etc. 05 Oct 2012 00:19 #9

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
Yeah I've done some mad high-speed car shit too in my time, and got a buzz off it.

Not in novums league though... :chuckle:
The pen is mightier than the sword

Thrill seeking, etc. 05 Oct 2012 09:54 #10

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
:O You must have absolutely shit yourself novum :chuckle: You and the car were very lucky :D

I play (well, used to) loads of driving games...I was number 1 in Europe on Colin McRae Rally 4 :cool: for a week :emb: I love my racing games, I've sometimes fancied myself as a racing driver...A few drawbacks...1. I'm too old. 2. I haven't learnt to drive yet. 3. handily forgetting the physical forces of real world driving :chuckle: It's piss easy to race on the limit in a game when there's no G Force or death :D
I'd love to have a go at karting though.

Oh yeah, there's usually no clutch in video games either :chuckle:

Thrill seeking, etc. 05 Oct 2012 10:15 #11

• novum
  • Platinum Member
irrepressible wrote:
I've sometimes fancied myself as a racing driver...A few drawbacks...

I haven't learnt to drive yet.

:larf:

Actually i didnt shit myself as much as i just thought, fuck...this might be it...it went beyond shitting myself i think. I was strangely calm :hahano:

I guess it happened too fast to get scared...was a proper lose that was, worst one i ever had...the car got out of shape when it started wheelspinning after the gearshift... and i kept the throttle flat thinking id get grip eventually, which was a mistake.

Thrill seeking, etc. 05 Oct 2012 10:35 #12

• Gilly
  • Voluntarily Inactive
novum wrote:
...it went beyond shitting myself i think...

Such a delicate turn of phrase! :D

I'm not keen on adrenaline rushes. I used to go on the biggest baddest roller-coasters, then I went on - what's that one at Alton Towers, where you sit 100 miles up in the air facing the ground for ages before it just drops you straight down. It made me get vertigo.

After that, I took Sarah & her mate up Blackpool Tower, and I nearly had a nervous breakdown when they went on that 'walk of faith' thingy. It's a pane of transparent glass set in the floor, several floors up. I stayed on the concrete with my back pressed against the central column & my eyes shut, whimpering, so they were taking the piss, and leaping about enthusiastically on the glass, till I dragged them off.

My worst nightmare would be bungee-jumping. There'd be bound to be some helpful family member, untethering the other end of the elastic, & chucking it after you, shouting, "Hey, you forgot this". :roll:
Last Edit: 05 Oct 2012 10:36 by Gilly.

Thrill seeking, etc. 05 Oct 2012 11:10 #13

• novum
  • Platinum Member
For me bungee jumping would feel worse than skydiving im thinking. With skydiving you pull the cord and you have your chute and i guess you would feel somewhat in control after that...and from a decent distance up off the ground....bungee jumping would just feel wrong i imagine..hurtling towards the ground or whatever at full speed :noway: Even though you know the big rubber band is there, it would still feel wrong heading towards the ground and being so close to it...thats how i feel about it anyway.

Id probably do skydiving if the opportunity presented itself...i dont go looking for it though...but if someone said hey, lets go skydive ive got it all planned...and it wasnt dodgy...id proably do it...whereas bungee jumping id be thinking, nah, i aint doing that.
Last Edit: 05 Oct 2012 11:12 by novum.

Thrill seeking, etc. 05 Oct 2012 11:30 #14

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
The only time I would skydive is if the chute was guaranteed to open :chuckle: or if I really had to...like if the plane was going down, or I was on a mission like Bond or something :chuckle:

With bungee jumping, I'd always be paranoid that the rope was going to snap, or they'd use one that was too long by mistake :hahano:

Thrill seeking, etc. 05 Oct 2012 11:35 #15

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
novum wrote:
Id probably do skydiving if the opportunity presented itself...i dont go looking for it though...but if someone said hey, lets go skydive ive got it all planned...and it wasnt dodgy...id proably do it...

:chuckle:
User(s) who Liked this post: Gilly

Thrill seeking, etc. 05 Oct 2012 11:36 #16

• novum
  • Platinum Member
irrepressible wrote:
or they'd use one that was too long by mistake :hahano:

Thats my biggest fear of bungee jumping. :yup:

Skydiving well they have a backup chute...i guess theres no guarantees though is there.

Thrill seeking, etc. 05 Oct 2012 11:38 #17

• novum
  • Platinum Member
^ Top film that, thanks for posting.

I always wanted to buy a presidents mask after that, but never got round to buying one.

Thrill seeking, etc. 05 Oct 2012 15:32 #18

• Gilly
  • Voluntarily Inactive
How about swimming with sharks? Would anyone do that?

Thrill seeking, etc. 05 Oct 2012 16:49 #19

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Gilly wrote:
How about swimming with sharks? Would anyone do that?

Maybe toothless ones :chuckle:
User(s) who Liked this post: Gilly

Thrill seeking, etc. 05 Oct 2012 17:29 #20

• Gilly
  • Voluntarily Inactive
I think I could overcome my fear to do that, because animals are so fascinating to see in the flesh.

Although in my dad's little Yak III, when I was about 14, as he pulled a 4' tope in one side and announced it was a shark, I was screaming & jumping out the other side into the Irish Sea.
  • Page:
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare