Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Dinosaurs

Dinosaurs 24 Feb 2013 20:37 #1

• phemohilia
  • All Karma points of teh universe are belong to miacat!!
Man, they were fucking kewl as Hell, huh?? :turt:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinosaur

A stegosaurus and a triceratops are having a disagreement and the triceratops gets all "You best check ya'self fool, fo' I hafta brontosaurus that ass, bitch!!" [and he says it in Samuel L. Jackson's voice] :fro:

In pictionary, that would play out something like this:

I wish dinosaurs were still around. That'd be kewl. :umm:
"The plastic face forced to portray, all the insides left cold and gray...."
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Dinosaurs 24 Feb 2013 21:03 #2

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
There is a 'school of thought' amongst some CT's that the dinosaurs never actually existed, and that all those skeletons in places like the British Museum are in fact fakes.... :chuckle:
The pen is mightier than the sword
User(s) who Liked this post: phemohilia

Dinosaurs 24 Feb 2013 21:18 #3

• novum
  • Platinum Member
diamondgeezer wrote:
There is a 'school of thought' amongst some CT's that the dinosaurs never actually existed, and that all those skeletons in places like the British Museum are in fact fakes.... :chuckle:

I think kangaroos are a reminder that some of those kinds of shaped creatures did indeed exist.

And in more recent times larger versions of a number of animals have gone extinct but we know they existed... the giant kangaroo for one.
1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352

Dinosaurs 24 Feb 2013 21:31 #4

• novum
  • Platinum Member
phemohilia wrote:
I wish dinosaurs were still around. That'd be kewl.

Maybe we will clone them one day from mosquito blood trapped in amber, and put them on a remote island so they cant escape and wreak havoc, we should be safe. :umm:

Thats a nice ass up there btw.
1365 = 1

Dinosaurs 24 Feb 2013 21:40 #5

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
Not so sure about kangaroos being good examples of proof that dinosaurs existed nov, what with them being warm-blooded marsupials and all.... :hahano:

However crocodiles and alligators certainly are. In fact, they probably are dinosaurs....direct descendents of the ones that happened to survive whatever it was wiped the rest out. ;)

Dinosaurs 24 Feb 2013 22:01 #6

• novum
  • Platinum Member
diamondgeezer wrote:
Not so sure about kangaroos being good examples of proof that dinosaurs existed nov, what with them being warm-blooded marsupials and all.... :hahano:

Yeah im aware of that, :hahano: but what im getting at is some of the people who claim dinosaurs couldnt exist say so because of the unusual body shape of some of them, particularly the t-rex style predators with their tiny arms, huge legs and upright posture etc. Ive read people say its 'impossible' ... 'improbable' and so on for a creature to have such a body shape and be able to function.

Well roos kinda prove otherwise, they are wierd to look at, even to me still, but they definately exist. :chuckle:

And they have a similar kind of body shape to some of the predator dinosaurs.

diamondgeezer wrote:
However crocodiles and alligators certainly are. In fact, they probably are dinosaurs....direct descendents of the ones that happened to survive whatever it was wiped the rest out. ;)

Komodo dragons and other lizards remind me of dinosaurs also. I was shooing one out of my shed yesterday. :chuckle: (not a komodo dragon ofc, tho that would be cool, just a smallish lizard maybe a foot long)
1365 = 1

Last Edit: 24 Feb 2013 22:02 by novum.

Dinosaurs 24 Feb 2013 22:08 #7

• phemohilia
diamondgeezer wrote:

I've always kind of liked the idea of how birds were thought to be the descendants or modern-day representatives of/evolved from dinosaurs. I'm not real sure how that would work out, genetically speaking, but it sounds pretty cool. And I'm not real studied on the subject but I do however believe that dinosaurs did actually exist, somewhere back there.

Here's a few links that might be interesting:

www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/Dinosaurs-Living-Descendants.html

www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/diapsids/avians.html

www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/02/100209183335.htm
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, irrepressible

Dinosaurs 24 Feb 2013 22:13 #8

• phemohilia
novum wrote:
Maybe we will clone them one day from mosquito blood trapped in amber, and put them on a remote island so they cant escape and wreak havoc, we should be safe. :umm:

Until some pesky raft salesman comes snooping along and next thing ya know we got ourselves a frickin Cloverfield on our hands!! :nilly:

novum wrote:
Thats a nice ass up there btw.

It's just all fat & popped out, beggin' to be slapped like a red-headed step-child!!! :slapem:
User(s) who Liked this post: novum

Dinosaurs 24 Feb 2013 22:18 #9

• phemohilia
diamondgeezer wrote:

Yeah, they are pretty gnarly lookin, huh?

Duuuude, that's a fuckin beast and a half!!! :O

Dinosaurs 24 Feb 2013 22:31 #10

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
novum wrote:
diamondgeezer wrote:

Komodo dragons and other lizards remind me of dinosaurs also. I was shooing one out of my shed yesterday. :chuckle: (not a komodo dragon ofc, tho that would be cool, just a smallish lizard maybe a foot long)

I reckon crocs & gators were actually there, exactly as they are now, living in the swamps back in the jurassic period or whenever....and they survived the climate-changing disaster that wiped most of the other reptiles out because they are tough resilient motherfuckers. ;)

& science backs that theory up.

Dinosaurs 24 Feb 2013 22:52 #11

• phemohilia
diamondgeezer wrote:
I reckon crocs & gators were actually there, exactly as they are now, living in the swamps back in the jurassic period or whenever....and they survived the climate-changing disaster that wiped most of the other reptiles out because they are tough resilient motherfuckers. ;)

& science backs that theory up.

My inner-logician likes to look to science as much as possible and accept its "facts" and "evidence" for worldly happenings. But my inner-space-cadet likes to entertain notions of instances where aliens came and scooped up as many dinos as they could [ya know, to save their sorry asses from annihilation, maybe two of each kind, heh-heh] and relocated them to Mars or some shit. I know it's not a very likely explanation but it's fun and it makes life more interesting. :loco:

Dinosaurs 25 Feb 2013 01:18 #12

• Black Cloud
Bring Back The Thylancine :coffee:

Dinosaurs 25 Feb 2013 02:27 #13

• novum
  • Platinum Member
diamondgeezer wrote:

Yeah i agree, and i know thats why you mentioned em initially.

Ive been up the north of oz and seen some crocs in the wild, a heap of freshwater ones and a few saltwater crocs too, the badass ones. Awesome creatures, one of the few that can instill fear in man.

The freshwater ones were just sitting around rock pools where large fish had been trapped as the wet season was ending... getting fat, it was funny to see them overeating and be so fat. You can get reasonably close to em and they arent interested in attacking ofc, even tho they aint exactly small.. they are afraid if you get too close.

The saltwater ones, i was on a tour, we got on a boat and headed out to a known croc area, and they were hanging meat over the side with poles and the crocs made an appearance, you wouldnt want to go swimming there. :hahano: :O
1365 = 1

Last Edit: 25 Feb 2013 02:30 by novum.
User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible

Dinosaurs 23 Mar 2013 18:36 #14

• phemohilia

I've been to this place. When I was 15 or 16. It was a lot of fun. We went down this one part of the river in inner-tubes. The current was haulin' ass and we kept trying to walk back up the rock/concrete incline but kept getting washed down river!! :chuckle:
Last Edit: 23 Mar 2013 18:37 by phemohilia.