Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The worst internet trolls might be mentally ill....

The worst internet trolls might be mentally ill.... 30 Oct 2013 13:44 #1

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive

So, this billy goat goes trip-trapping across a bridge. As he clops along, he hears a voice from down below: "Roar! I am a troll! If you cross this bridge, I'll gobble you up!" The goat is kinda freaked out, since, you know, god only knows what's down there in the dark.P

"Er, why would you eat me?" the goat asks. "I'm small and not very meaty! You might want to wait for my older brother. He'll be along shortly."P

"Nah, it doesn't really matter," says the troll. "I'm not actually going to eat you. I'm not even a troll, I'm just this guy. I work in accounting at an insurance company. Sometimes I go under this bridge and mess with people, pretend to be a monster or whatever. I do it to everyone."

kotaku.com/5938996/the-worst-internet-trolls-might-be-mentally-ill
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The worst internet trolls might be mentally ill.... 30 Oct 2013 13:46 #2

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
FPD Symptoms:

1.Namecaller: This defines the flamer. "Flamer" means "namecaller"... -->
2. Competitive/argumentative: flamers are fighters; verbal brawlers. We greatly enjoy arguments for their own sake, and will start flamewars intentionally.... -->

3. Amoral: we think that our insults, verbal abuse, character attacks, and even death threats are perfectly acceptable behavior, once "justified"... -->

4. Vengeful: flamers believe that once an insult has been received, it becomes perfectly acceptable to return the insult, or even to embark on a longrunning insult stream... -->

5. Deceitful: we see nothing wrong with deception and distortion as long as our victims don't catch on... -->

6. Narcisstic: we have extreme vanity, taking the form of an exquisite sensitivity to anything which even SLIGHTLY resembles an insult... -->

7. Paranoid: we flamers constantly display secretive behavior, being careful to never freely discuss personal info about our schooling, experience, everyday lives... -->

8. No self-doubt. Perfect people never monitor themselves to avoid mistakes... -->

9. Self-blind: No insight into our own flaws and foibles... -->

10. Hypocrits: we're totally enmeshed in a self-serving bias: "when I do something offensive, it's really a pure and justified deed, but when you do exactly the same thing, it's a shameful and disgusting PLOY." -->

11. Self-important: we have a very low opinion of others, and an exalted (if dishonest) opinion of ourselves... -->

12. Denying/projecting: We never attempt to see reality honestly, but must constantly manipulate it by erasing some parts and distorting others. -->

13. Pervasive, long-standing, intense symptoms -->

amasci.com/weird/flamer.html

The worst internet trolls might be mentally ill.... 30 Oct 2013 13:53 #3

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
What a shame that these types don't get the help they need, but instead ruin the fun of others on the internet.

The worst internet trolls might be mentally ill.... 30 Oct 2013 14:18 #4

• jonb
Not that I'm a hypochondriac or anything, but I've got most of those symptoms, I'm going to lay down with a wet towel on my head, take some aspirins
, and a neat whisky or two.

The worst internet trolls might be mentally ill.... 30 Oct 2013 15:34 #5

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Thank you for sharing. :study: :teef:

The worst internet trolls might be mentally ill.... 30 Oct 2013 17:19 #6

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
  • Government is simply a conspiracy against a nation!
7. Paranoid: we flamers constantly display secretive behavior, being careful to never freely discuss personal info about our schooling, experience, everyday lives... -->

I definitely suffer from that one but I guess one persons Paranoia is another's Privacy. :dunno:

I'm guilty of a number of the others as well from time to time. :nilly:

"Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude." William James
User(s) who Liked this post: jonb

The worst internet trolls might be mentally ill.... 30 Oct 2013 19:12 #7

• jonb
yes if one admits one has certain characteristics that may make you look as though you are a troll, then you are probably not a troll, unless you are a troll and admitting to those characteristics, so that you don't look as though you are a troll of course

The worst internet trolls might be mentally ill.... 30 Oct 2013 20:24 #8

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
  • Government is simply a conspiracy against a nation!
Maybe we are all trolls and just don't know it? :think:

"Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude." William James

The worst internet trolls might be mentally ill.... 30 Oct 2013 20:30 #9

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
Real trolls know it.
The pen is mightier than the sword
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare