Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: World Memory Championships 2013: A good memory helps in every area of life, says eight times champion

World Memory Championships 2013: A good memory helps in every area of life, says eight times champion 01 Dec 2013 19:25 #1

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
The eight times World Memory Champion has explained how he remembers sequences by transforming them into a journey, and how having a good memory can help creativity

Dominic O'Brien works on memorising cards

Having a good memory can help in every area of your life, from online banking to being creative, claims the eight times World Memory Champion.
As the man who has won the title the most times in the 22 year history of the competition, Dominic O'Brien has a set of finely tuned techniques for remembering strings of numbers and multiple packs of cards which have earned him a well deserved place in the Guinness Book of Records.
And he insists it isn’t all about remembering meaningless numbers and dates, as developing your memory can help in many areas of life.
“Your memory is everything,” said Mr O’Brien, who first won the competition in 1991.

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/10486808/World-Memory-Championships-2013-A-good-memory-helps-in-every-area-of-life-says-eight-times-champion.html
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

World Memory Championships 2013: A good memory helps in every area of life, says eight times champion 02 Dec 2013 08:01 #2

• Hexhammer
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Karma is a bitch.
What about us who have terrible memory? How about us? My memory is sort of either crappy or super good, depending on subject. Heck, I can't exactly remember what happened two days ago... Some times I don't remember what happened five minutes ago.

I guess I'm doomed to shitty life then? Dementia, here I come.
"I've often felt that dreams are answers to questions we haven't yet figured out how to ask."
-Agent Fox Mulder

World Memory Championships 2013: A good memory helps in every area of life, says eight times champion 02 Dec 2013 09:46 #3

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
I remember some things really well/easily, other things not.
The pen is mightier than the sword
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare