Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Twentieth Anniversary Of My Music

Twentieth Anniversary Of My Music 04 Dec 2013 17:58 #1

Hi everyone at Truth Zone,

I'm Dan, I'm a member of the David Icke forum and someone invited me over to this forum to share some of my music, for anyone who wants to have a peek:

My Website

Free Music

This year is the twentieth anniversary of writing, recording and performing, hopefully I'll make the next twenty years!
Thanks,
Dan :)
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, pheony, cantata, phemohilia, jonb, silent revolution

Twentieth Anniversary Of My Music 04 Dec 2013 18:05 #2

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Hi Dan, It's lovely to see you here. :) You might want to take a look at Hexhammer and phemohillia's posts/threads.

I will take a look at your website shortly. :)
Last Edit: 04 Dec 2013 18:25 by pheony.
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, cantata, danielpettitt

Twentieth Anniversary Of My Music 04 Dec 2013 18:06 #3

• cantata
  • Silver Member
Hi danielpettitt and Welcome to you! That's a nice looking website you have there - I'll listen to some of that music later, when I have more time, thank you. 20 years? That's good going. May you have at least 20 more to come.

Anyway, enjoy your membership here and I hope you'll hit it off with our two other musicians: phemohillia and Hexhammer.

:)
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, pheony, danielpettitt

Twentieth Anniversary Of My Music 04 Dec 2013 18:12 #4

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Yes, very nice website. I will also be listening to some of that music later on this evening. :)
User(s) who Liked this post: danielpettitt

Twentieth Anniversary Of My Music 05 Dec 2013 15:24 #5

Ah thank you guys :)
What a nice forum! When I was reading the description of the forum about having mutual respect (for fellow truth seekers) I thought that was a really good thing to have written, so well done moderators and creators of this forum :)
And also thank you guys for the positivity around what I'm doing - it's really appreciated - I'll check out these other two musicians work, it sounds good!
As goes with seeking truth I guess, music is also subjective, so I always accept differing opinions - the main problem I've had with my previous work is that a lot of it was recorded in the '90's on analog, now of course an old form of recording, but I'm currently working with a producer to clean it up and make it sound fresher and more easier on the ear.
Thanks again guys,
Dan :)
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, pheony, cantata, phemohilia, jonb

Twentieth Anniversary Of My Music 05 Dec 2013 19:31 #6

• Hexhammer
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Karma is a bitch.
Hmm.. Interesting, to me your music sounds like Johnny Cash meets R.E.M. with quite down to earth and original singing voice. I'm listening to your latest stuff from your dropbox at the moment. Have you done any other style too? Or just man and guitar? :)

Cool to have fellow musician on board. That makes three of us me thinks?

I don't know if my music will go even near your taste, but go check it out.. Have you been involved in any bands? Twenty years is long time to do music... I'm sure you've had a thing or two going on on the way.

Nice coincidence by the way, in little over a month I've been playing drums + making music for twenty years. ;)

And welcome to the forum, have a good one! :cheers:
"I've often felt that dreams are answers to questions we haven't yet figured out how to ask."
-Agent Fox Mulder
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, pheony, cantata, phemohilia, danielpettitt

Twentieth Anniversary Of My Music 06 Dec 2013 17:06 #7

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Aren't we spoilt. :P All these musicians in one place. :)
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, cantata, danielpettitt

Twentieth Anniversary Of My Music 06 Dec 2013 17:22 #8

Nice one guys.
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, danielpettitt

Twentieth Anniversary Of My Music 06 Dec 2013 20:50 #9

• cantata
  • Silver Member
pheony wrote:
Aren't we spoilt. :P All these musicians in one place. :)

We are spoilt indeed, phe. Dare I say it..... it's music to my ears! :D

danielpettitt, your music is LOVELY. I've been listening to one track after the other and really enjoying it. :thumbup:

Do give Hex and phem's music a listen to. I think feedback to a musician from other musicians is really, really valid.

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, pheony, danielpettitt

Twentieth Anniversary Of My Music 07 Dec 2013 04:45 #10

Thanks guys :)
I really appreciate the response.Hexhammer wrote:
Have you done any other style too? Or just man and guitar? :) ... I don't know if my music will go even near your taste, but go check it out.. Have you been involved in any bands? :
Hexhammer; congratulations on your twentieth anniversary also :) It doesn't seem that long does it ;)
My main style has been guitar and vocals, though I've also recorded with other musicians such as drums, bass and guitars etc, so some albums have a band feel, either with proper musicians, or I've tried to re-create it with other instruments, but I've always kept a simiilar style - Johnny Cash and REM is a good reference as I love both of those.
I'm currently rehearsing in a band at the moment, just me with bass and drums, so looking to perform in the summer hopefully, I'll just be doing my own stuff really.
Is there a link with your music by the way? Would love to give it a listen :)
Dan
User(s) who Liked this post: pheony, Hexhammer, cantata

Twentieth Anniversary Of My Music 07 Dec 2013 11:20 #11

• Hexhammer
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Karma is a bitch.
Thanks. Damn! So I had pretty good idea where your influences are coming from. ;) I can hear a lot of Johnny Cash in your vocal arrangements and guitar stuff reminds me of some REM songs.

Have you recorded your music by yourself? No third party involved? If that's the case, then good on you because your production is great. Very clean sounds, and quite naturally mixed, which is nice, most musicians these days overproduce everything. I like your sound and the earthly feel in vocals, nothing's too fixed or overproduced. :)

Here's my youtube channel, most of the stuff is quite "out of date", but go check it out. You can also search for more, just type 'Auringon Hauta' to youtube search.

www.youtube.com/user/Noitavasara
"I've often felt that dreams are answers to questions we haven't yet figured out how to ask."
-Agent Fox Mulder
User(s) who Liked this post: pheony, cantata, phemohilia, danielpettitt

Twentieth Anniversary Of My Music 09 Dec 2013 13:58 #12

Hi Hexhammer,

Thanks for the link:

'Auringon Hauta' is a beautiful piece, I also really enjoyed listening to you jamming along to the heavy electric stuff - although you're right, my sound is different, I still do really appreciate that kind of music :)

Yes, you were spot on with my influences ;) Have I recorded stuff on my own? I've had a lot of people tell me I should think more about production, which I do try and make it produced enough to sound good, I have mostly produced my own stuff, though have also been into a studio, and 'The Machine' and my new upcoming album 'Life & Death In The Time Of Enki & Enlil' has been produced by a producer - I'll be cleaning up my previous albums from the last twenty years, as it was analog, taking out the hiss, freshening it up, making it sound more natural, or helping instrumentation sound a bit more polished, but really, I am quite old skool, just a natural sound, as you've said Hexhammer.

Thanks again for the link man, really enjoyed listening to your music, as I'm from England, I really do enjoy hearing what people are doing in other countries so thank you :)

Thanks Hexhammer,

Dan
Last Edit: 09 Dec 2013 14:05 by danielpettitt.
User(s) who Liked this post: Hexhammer, cantata, phemohilia

Twentieth Anniversary Of My Music 11 Dec 2013 13:59 #13

I remember you from the other forum Daniel. I remember your website as well from a thread you made on that forum. To me your voice seems similar to Cat Stevens and that's a compliment, not an insult. I like it brother. I have a bit of a musical mind although I can't read music (only guitar tab lol). I love improvising although the ability comes and goes. Lately I play a jew's harp (the one in my avatar pic, and a bigger snoopy jaw harp) a lot and like to throat sing etc. My guitars are rarely played nowdays but they are there whenever I want to play them. I'm a hobby musician and might go ages without playing an instrument but in my teenage years I'd mess about with my guitar at least for a couple of hours every day. I always preferred to improvise sounds on the guitar rather than play songs that I liked. I enjoy when the awen comes while playing an instrument if you know what I mean by awen.

Added: I actually find your song 'scitzophrenic' a little addictive and I love the notes dropping down riff thing (don't really know the terminology sorry). :cheers:

Peace, love, harmony and wisdom friend and welcome to the forum :)
Last Edit: 11 Dec 2013 14:11 by silent revolution.
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata, danielpettitt

Twentieth Anniversary Of My Music 15 Dec 2013 08:55 #14

• jaxdreaming
  • Fresh Member
Whoo hoo... listening to this now... 'Schizophrenic'... I love the way the way you have that strange little descending riff... and yes a bit Cat Stevens but very original... I really like your music... I couldn't like it on youtube though as comments are disabled... :(

Twentieth Anniversary Of My Music 17 Dec 2013 11:03 #15

Thanks guys :)

I really appreciate the reaction.

jaxdreaming; it's possible to comment on the youtube link, I just approve the comments (so I don't get to a lot of people hating the video on there lol) ;)

After I made Schizophrenic, I wasn't sure if I should have written it, quite close to the bone, but, after it's reaction, I'm glad I wrote and recorded it now, I'm grateful people like it :)

Dylan and Neil Young have been a regular mention when listening to my stuff, it's nice to hear other people hearing different things in the music - Cat Stevens - cool, thank you :)
User(s) who Liked this post: phemohilia

Twentieth Anniversary Of My Music 17 Dec 2013 16:38 #16

• phemohilia
  • All Karma points of teh universe are belong to miacat!!
Hey Daniel!!

Welcome to the forum!! I just listened to your songs on SoundCloud and they were great!! I'm a HUGE fan of analog recording. You just can't beat that warm tape saturation sound. "Life Is A Dream" immediately took me back to my skateboarding days. Had a real skate-rock feel to it. Skate-rock always seemed to have a strong punk vibe, too. I really dig those two tracks!!

I don't really consider myself a "musician". More of a sound experimenter. I just like to see what happens when "this sound" is put up against "that sound". My newest stuff is here:

somethingelseishere.bandcamp.com/

I believe there are 5 or 6 tracks up and it's all done in Garageband. All my older stuff [done under the name phemohilia ] was recorded on a little cassette tape 4 track recorder and in Audacity freeware. It can be found here:

www.youtube.com/user/phemohilia/videos

I look forward to hearing more of your music, Daniel. :thumbup:
"The plastic face forced to portray, all the insides left cold and gray...."

Twentieth Anniversary Of My Music 17 Dec 2013 22:31 #17

• cantata
  • Silver Member
I think it's fantastic that we have three such different musicians here, all fabulous at what they do. Keep making that music, all of you. :)

Twentieth Anniversary Of My Music 21 Dec 2013 04:50 #18

You're right Cantata - the two musicians on this site I've been introduced to make special music :)

Thanks phemohilia - I've been enjoying listening to your music, really chilling and relaxing, with also a message, something spiritual maybe, or about human nature expressed through the music?

Very nice, thank you.