Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Contemplating the universe

Contemplating the universe 15 Jan 2014 00:53 #1

• jonb
So there I was looking up at the stars, a myriad of galaxies,like the gossamer of a spider's web flung casually onto a black velvet sky. This all drifting over my head, and I had that moment, you know we have all felt it of satisfaction, a profound movement, an opening of a channel, a dropping away of base things, and in that moment of gratification I thought to my self-
I must fix the roof of my outside toilet.

So what do we think about the nature of the universe? I think it is time to flush our notions out

Last Edit: 15 Jan 2014 00:56 by jonb.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, irrepressible, Hexhammer, .........., Worzel, spectero

Contemplating the universe 15 Jan 2014 01:05 #2

• Straight Shooter
When i was a little kid i would think about space and imagine "what if there was nothing"

No life on Earth, No Planets, just nothing...

I will never forget how mind blowing it was just closing my eyes at my school desk and thinking about it...
User(s) who Liked this post: Hexhammer, jonb

Contemplating the universe 15 Jan 2014 05:25 #3

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
I'm not sure about the Universe, I don't know anything about it really. Or maybe my soul knows but my little brain can't comprehend it :D
What does it want? Why? How? Maybe it's just some kind of player, and this little movie is called Humanity. Might be a sequel, Humanity part 2 or 3; *gravelly voiced trailer dude* "It's a critical time for humanity, evil corporations are bent on taking over the world and enslaving all peoples of the Earth. Lies, needless wars, greed, technology used for evil purposes, surveillance, every facet of peoples lives spied on and controlled. But the people are distracted by celebrities, by the superficial, by debt and worries about day to day survival.
A populace ruled by fear, a populace blind to the evil machinations going on right under their noses. But more and more people are starting to see, more and more people are starting to awaken from the dream, only to be plunged into a nightmare as the realisation of the spell they've been under shakes their perceptions and beliefs to their very foundations.
But with that comes rebirth, from imprisonment and limitation, to freedom and unlimited potential. It's time for humanity to stand and reclaim the world!".

:chuckle:

Seriously though, is the Universe doing this shit? Maybe all this is just one possibility playing out and we just happen to be the ones experiencing it, could be another Earth somewhere, or many Earths that are wonderful places.
Fuck knows what any of it means.

One day, I will go to a place where I can see all the stars. Looking out into the great expanse and seeing all the life out there is good for the soul I reckon.
User(s) who Liked this post: jonb

Contemplating the universe 15 Jan 2014 20:30 #4

• Worzel
  • Voluntarily Inactive
I'd like to know where it is !

Contemplating the universe 16 Jan 2014 00:40 #5

• jonb
So I was thinking, way off into the far far distance, and you know what I saw beyond all the stars there is the background radiation, which all the academics say ins the residue of the big bang.

The funny thing is though, it could also be a picture of the end of a universe which defuses into a vast space. As in that scenario the universe would just diffuse into radiation. I find that something to think about, that far far distance looks both like the beginning and the end.

Did you know an object falling into a black hole gets smaller, but as it gets closer it slows down.

In thinking about these things it is interesting in all science documentaries the same words are used to express this, but in picturing what I see I can use other words to express what I see. So let me take you on a flight of fancy, and talk about what I see with other words.

lets look again at that background radiation, We could say this is how things would look at the edge of time, where all there would be would be a vast eternal space unchanging without time.
Lets think about the black hole an object falling into it looses size, as if space itself is getting smaller, and at the same time it slows down, we could say as the object gets nearer the event horizon there is more time for it to travel through and less space. So we have a question is the black hole converting space into time?
Physicists will tell you we must be living in at least a four dimensional universe, three of space and one of time. So how could you convert movement in one direction, or dimension or direction into another?

Do you know about gyroscopes and torc?
Do you know about Eric Laithwaite a great engineer who fell from favour because of a children's lecture?
It is said at the centre of every spinning galaxy is a giant black hole?

A galaxy or shall we just call it a gyroscope?

Would anybody like to talk about this?
Last Edit: 16 Jan 2014 00:44 by jonb.

Contemplating the universe 16 Jan 2014 00:52 #6

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
I was having a (slightly stoned) discussion with a mate about the universe a while back, and it 'expanding' as science tells us it it doing.

My point of view was, how can it be expanding? Expanding into what? There is no end to anything, there is no such thing as 'nothingness'. What was there before the universe 'expanded' into it?

He couldn't grasp the concept.

(I too have an outside toilet jonb)
The pen is mightier than the sword
Last Edit: 16 Jan 2014 00:54 by diamondgeezer.

Contemplating the universe 16 Jan 2014 01:01 #7

• jonb
Forget the word 'expanding', and think about defusing, the same actual size, but more complex .Or to put that another way a constant increase in fractions, each little bit getting smaller and the number of parts increasing,but the overall size remaining constant.
I not only have a loo, but a shed in the garden as well!
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare