Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 04 Oct 2012 02:38 #61

• ric
  • Fresh Member
Hello everybody
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, irrepressible

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 04 Oct 2012 02:46 #62

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
  • Government is simply a conspiracy against a nation!
Hey there ric, good to see you here. :)

"Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude." William James
User(s) who Liked this post: ric

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 04 Oct 2012 08:02 #63

• Gilly
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Hi Ric :hi:
User(s) who Liked this post: ric

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 04 Oct 2012 10:53 #64

• Hexhammer
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Karma is a bitch.
Thanks Frog, I'm fine, been through some busy days, short vacation and what not.. I haven't got much time to be online, that will change as winter sets in. :D
"I've often felt that dreams are answers to questions we haven't yet figured out how to ask."
-Agent Fox Mulder

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 04 Oct 2012 14:14 #65

• ric
  • Fresh Member
Hello Hex good to see you.

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 04 Oct 2012 18:08 #66

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
  • Government is simply a conspiracy against a nation!
Hexhammer wrote:
Thanks Frog, I'm fine, been through some busy days, short vacation and what not.. I haven't got much time to be online, that will change as winter sets in. :D

Glad you have been keeping busy and had a chance to sneak in a wee break. We could do with a few more spammers here to give Irre, Phe and Gilly some competition. They will start to look like bots before too long and everyone knows Novum is a bot who spams the place at will. Roll on the winter! :bounce:

"Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude." William James
User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible, Gilly, Hexhammer

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 04 Oct 2012 18:51 #67

• Gilly
  • Voluntarily Inactive
This is true, Frog. I'll be arguing with, and taking the piss out of myself soon. :chuckle:
User(s) who Liked this post: Frog

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 05 Oct 2012 18:42 #68

• cantata
  • Silver Member
So here you are, you Hairy Little Beasts! :D

Thought you could shake me off, huh...... :nono:
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier
User(s) who Liked this post: novum, diamondgeezer, Frog, irrepressible, Gilly, Hexhammer

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 05 Oct 2012 18:51 #69

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Hello cantata-o :D
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 05 Oct 2012 18:54 #70

• cantata
  • Silver Member
Hello, irrepressible-o :D

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible, Gilly

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 05 Oct 2012 19:09 #71

• Gilly
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Yippee - it's my favourite Cantata person! :hi:

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 05 Oct 2012 19:17 #72

• cantata
  • Silver Member
Hiya Gilly, :hypo: my favourite fellow-ginger kit :D (although atm I'm using an avvie of my daughter's fingers made to look like a crowd! The things she comes up with :D ).

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 05 Oct 2012 19:19 #73

• Gilly
  • Voluntarily Inactive
At least they're artistic, unlike my son's which are always decorated with jam & mud. They make patterns on the walls & furniture. :chuckle:

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 05 Oct 2012 19:25 #74

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
Welcome ric :thumbup:

And cantata! :hug:

Poor cantata...moving house twice in a month :D
The pen is mightier than the sword

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 05 Oct 2012 19:28 #75

• cantata
  • Silver Member
Yeah.... just as long as you don't expect me to emulsion your walls, DG. :mad: :aargh:

User(s) who Liked this post: Gilly

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 05 Oct 2012 19:31 #76

• cantata
  • Silver Member
Gilly wrote:
At least they're artistic, unlike my son's which are always decorated with jam & mud. They make patterns on the walls & furniture. :chuckle:

Er, yeah, that too Gilly. :O And then she's asked me for WHITE CURTAINS in her room...... because, obviously, I love laundering a lot :teef:

User(s) who Liked this post: Gilly

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 05 Oct 2012 19:34 #77

• Gilly
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Typical innit!

This one needs to be anesthetized too before any contact with soap can be made. It's easiest to peg him to the washing line & turn the hose on him.

Any progress with your cunning plan?
Last Edit: 05 Oct 2012 19:35 by Gilly.

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 05 Oct 2012 19:44 #78

• cantata
  • Silver Member
Gilly wrote:
Typical innit!

This one needs to be anesthetized too before any contact with soap can be made. It's easiest to peg him to the washing line & turn the hose on him.

Any progress with your cunning plan?

Well my mucky wotsit has taken to wiping the excess foundation off her fingers onto her duvet cover (also WHITE) because it saves her having to actually move three feet or reach over for a tissue. :conf:

Ah, my cunning plan..... :mad: I just pm'd irrie about my cunning little plan - and how badly it went! :D

It was acutally just one of those "flim flam" covering-their-arse exercises, where even though they know they are ompletely fully subscribed (as he revealed at the end of the "interview") and couldn't take any other student as the government would fine them if they did... they still "kindly allowed" me to drag over to Coventry and strive to get this opportunity I wanted and thought I might actually "win" if I made enough effort and put myself across properly...

When, all the time, he knew there actually couldn't be a place made available to me; but the wanted to ensure that Coventry University didn't get accused of Not Giving Someone A Fair Hearing Because Of Their Age (in my case, I suppose; but just as easily Colour/Religion/Gender/Disability/Sexuality/Etc).

A pure Arse Covering Exercise. I realised it about 7 or 8 minutes in, and it was all over after about 12 minutes total. Ho hum. :)

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 05 Oct 2012 21:03 #79

• Gilly
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Bugger! So, did you do the boot heel thing, as discussed? I hope the answer's yes.

Aren't there other ones you can try?

My daughter's just got her A levels, and decided not to go to university. Her dad didn't really want her to, because of the student loan situation.

She's now announced to me (not him) that she has an even better plan! She intends to lie on the sofa, apparently, in front of the TV, and be perfectly obnoxious to anyone who speaks to her for a year, then go to some uni in London where her boyfriend's studying, and do a degree in anthropology.
Last Edit: 05 Oct 2012 21:03 by Gilly.

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 05 Oct 2012 21:23 #80

• cantata
  • Silver Member
Nope, Gilly, no boot-heel thing. :D It didn't matter to me that much. It was only a cunning plan to escape my hated current situation and live on Government Loans until I retired, studying a subject I like. It wasn't a Heart's Desire or anything important. I just closed down the "interview" as fast as I could once I realised what was really going on (took me about four minutes); and then he started flamming around trying to suggest Alternative Courses in alternative establishments that I could try.... until I told him a very loaded, "You have done enough already". :roll:

It doesn't matter. I'm working on new cunning plans.....

And I have to say that this has only recently started happening to me. For some people, it's been going on all their lives. :( You know, the "equality laws" haven't changed anything at all. They've just led to this kind of dishonesty and arse-covering. But the prejudices are all still alive and well. If someone doesn't want to employ a certain type of person, they won't. They'll find the reason t say "Thank you but No Thank you" just as easily as they ever did. They just know to allow the person to come in and jump through hoops before they say it. For me, I now write "56" on some forms and know I've just cut my own throat; but some people have been facing this since they were 18 and fresh out of school because they are black, or have a limb missing or something. :( It's crap, but there's nothing can be done about it - as long as they have "given you every hearing" beforehand.

A year lying on the settee won't harm your daughter. :D But tell her not to leave things too long or too late. And don't worry about grants and student loans. They are "soft debts". She will have to be earning over £21k before she has to start paying them back, then at a low enough rate; and, quite likely, at some point ahead, one government or another will write them off anyway. ;) I've advised my own girl that when her time comes, she's to apply for the max in everything every year, and stay on to do her M.A - and then she can lie on the settee for as long as she likes and not worry. :D But when she chooses to get up off said settee, she'll have qualifications that are Keys To Many Doors.

:)

User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare