Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 03 Jul 2016 04:08 #661

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Hi Aster welcome to TZ. :)

Hopefully you can find some answers to your questions here, and perhaps have some decent conversations with people who have an understanding of how you see things.

I dont know if youve seen this but its another piece of information that is out there which is relevant to the kinds of things discussed here ....

He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.
- Compressions 13.3:1
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Gaia

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 03 Jul 2016 04:30 #662

• Gaia
  • Gold Member
Thanks for linking that awesome video, novum. I have it in the Roadmap to Truth and Yourself post I linked to Aster, but always good to see it again. :thumbup:

Truly one of the best videos around to explain the State of Affairs, An eerily appropriate name.
The Only Limit is Your Own Imagination
A truth seeker is someone who dares to wade through thick series of toxic smoke screens and tries not to inhale - Gaia
"What do you call 'genius'?" "Well, seeing things others don't see. Or rather the invisible links between things."
- Vladimir Nabokov (1938)
"The silence of conspiracy. Slaughtered on the altar of apathy." - Lords of the New Church (1982)

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 05 Jul 2016 19:27 #663

Hello Fido, welcome, have some fun,

Fetch, good boy

Last Edit: 05 Jul 2016 19:30 by entrangermercenary1.

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 21 Oct 2016 20:00 #664

@ Organizemyroom

Picture of your room for the forums expert Feng Shui input :thumbup:

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 16 Nov 2016 01:34 #665

• Laframboise Covenant
  • Fresh Member
  • Universal living trust redeemed from being franchisee for the corporatocracy
We would like to introduce ourselves and say "hi" to other members of the this great community! Best regards!
✰ LAFRAMBOISE SECURITY COVENANT ✰
Universal living trust utilizing true value redeemed from being franchisee for the corporatocracy.
User(s) who Liked this post: Return of Zorro

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 06 Dec 2016 10:30 #666

• Asia Teacher
  • Fresh Member
Just found this introduction section after several threads and posts, so some of you will know me already. Better late than never, I suppose.
I’m from the UK, living in SE Asia and working in Inner Mongolia since 2011. I left the UK just before the recession began. My background is British armed forces, residential mental health management and logistics, with a decade in various universities. I’m getting on a bit now and looking forward to retirement in the next few years.

I enjoy travelling, culture, non-professional resume construction, political science . . . My philosophy remains that life is an adventure and I aim to get as much travel and sights in as possible before I get to the wheelchair gurgling stage! :)
Last Edit: 06 Dec 2016 10:31 by Asia Teacher.
User(s) who Liked this post: Return of Zorro, Flare

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 06 Dec 2016 14:11 #667

Asia Teacher wrote:
Just found this introduction section after several threads and posts, so some of you will know me already. Better late than never, I suppose.
I’m from the UK, living in SE Asia and working in Inner Mongolia since 2011. I left the UK just before the recession began. My background is British armed forces, residential mental health management and logistics, with a decade in various universities. I’m getting on a bit now and looking forward to retirement in the next few years.

I enjoy travelling, culture, non-professional resume construction, political science . . . My philosophy remains that life is an adventure and I aim to get as much travel and sights in as possible before I get to the wheelchair gurgling stage! :)

Welcome, Inner mongolia nice.... :cool2:

Are you Ross Kemp in disguise? :wissl: :ponda: :thumbup:

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ross-kemp/ross-kemp-extreme-world_b_11886406.html
Last Edit: 06 Dec 2016 14:12 by entrangermercenary1.

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 06 Dec 2016 22:22 #668

• Asia Teacher
  • Fresh Member
entrangermercenary1 wrote:
Asia Teacher wrote:

Welcome, Inner mongolia nice.... :cool2:

Are you Ross Kemp in disguise? :wissl: :ponda: :thumbup:

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ross-kemp/ross-kemp-extreme-world_b_11886406.html

The link is a bit sensationalist, which I suppose is what he gets paid for and reminds me of his previous counterpart, Louis Theroux. I’m actually in Inner Mongolia PRC, to the south, not far from the ‘ghost city’, another sensationalist journalists dream. But he’s right in a way; Asia in general is very traditional and nationalistic, which is part of the culture shock to those from the west. No burning flags, BLM, or mass immigration here, which suits me. :)

Greetings from the end of the earth!

User(s) who Liked this post: novum, PFIZIPFEI, entrangermercenary1, Return of Zorro, Flare

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 16 Dec 2016 14:08 #669

• Guessed
  • Fresh Member
Born and raised in the U.S.A.
1st gen on fathers side, 2nd on mothers.

Lifelong student of human nature.

The reason I joined up is unlike most of what's left of once good forums opinions and observations seem welcome here.

I may not agree with many of those opinions but I like that that they're seen here rather than censored because they're not PC.

So greetings all and high hopes for productive conversations.
Last Edit: 16 Dec 2016 14:09 by Guessed.
User(s) who Liked this post: novum, PFIZIPFEI, Return of Zorro

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 16 Dec 2016 14:55 #670

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Welcome to the new arrivals!

:)
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
User(s) who Liked this post: novum

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 04 Jan 2017 22:54 #671

• Gaia
  • Gold Member
Welcome twofortyone!

Introduce yourself and start discussing!

We're all curious what topics are among your interests.
A truth seeker is someone who dares to wade through thick series of toxic smoke screens and tries not to inhale - Gaia
"What do you call 'genius'?" "Well, seeing things others don't see. Or rather the invisible links between things."
"The silence of conspiracy. Slaughtered on the altar of apathy." - Lords of the New Church (1982)

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 04 Jan 2017 22:55 #672

• Gaia
  • Gold Member
Welcome reem2000!

Introduce yourself and start the debate!

We're all looking forward to what topics you contribute to.

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 03 Feb 2017 19:17 #673

• TomJonDon
  • Fresh Member
Hello!
I am pretty green to the forum world. I joined one once for the sole purpose of learning about the mechanics of an old vehicle lol. Any guidance through this journey would be appreciated! I joined here because I realized through this crazy election cycle just how far the mainstream will stretch the truth and straight up lie to our faces. I am not a fan of that and I have been asking :umm: "what else have I missed before this??" ever sense. Which is how I ended up here at the truth zone, and this seems to be the place that has people asking the same questions.
I read the thread on here about how space travel is not actually possible, and of course I laughed at the thought at first. But I know that I am here to question things I've never questioned before, so I thought about the possibility for a few moments and asked "well what have I witnessed with my own eyes that proved to me that space travel could happen?" Obviously other than what I was taught in physics and astronomy of course, because apparently our education system is controlled, and I really hate to believe that, but I've learned enough over the past year to see that it is.
So naturally I read the article and I'm hooked! I began to explore your topics and what has been discussed and it is a little overwhelming being this new to having my eyes open. I would be willing to take any advice on what good articles or threads there are around here for someone in my position, I feel like I am so far behind at this point and need a little guidance to get started on this philosophical/existential journey through the truth zone.
Also, I was thinking about starting a thread to hear your stories about what experiences in your lives that have opened your eyes to the apparently obvious brainwashing of our society. I figured I would stop in here and see if a thread like that exists already or how I should word the title to get my point across with the most clarity for this audience.
Thanks! I look forward to conversations in the future!
User(s) who Liked this post: Flare, Gaia

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 03 Feb 2017 22:00 #674

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Welcome to truth zone TJD :)

TomJonDon wrote:
Also, I was thinking about starting a thread to hear your stories about what experiences in your lives that have opened your eyes to the apparently obvious brainwashing of our society. I figured I would stop in here and see if a thread like that exists already or how I should word the title to get my point across with the most clarity for this audience.

Great idea, im sure many of us had a bit of an 'a-ha' moment (no not the band) , i remember mine.

By the way, your post didnt appear instantly when posted as new members require 3 under their belt before the account functions as normal, its just an anti spam measure because some people sign up just to post links.
He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.
- Compressions 13.3:1
Last Edit: 03 Feb 2017 22:00 by novum.
User(s) who Liked this post: TomJonDon

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 03 Feb 2017 22:03 #675

• bd
  • Silver Member
  • bikerdruid
TomJonDon wrote:
Hello!
I am pretty green to the forum world. I joined one once for the sole purpose of learning about the mechanics of an old vehicle lol. Any guidance through this journey would be appreciated! I joined here because I realized through this crazy election cycle just how far the mainstream will stretch the truth and straight up lie to our faces. I am not a fan of that and I have been asking :umm: "what else have I missed before this??" ever sense. Which is how I ended up here at the truth zone, and this seems to be the place that has people asking the same questions.
I read the thread on here about how space travel is not actually possible, and of course I laughed at the thought at first. But I know that I am here to question things I've never questioned before, so I thought about the possibility for a few moments and asked "well what have I witnessed with my own eyes that proved to me that space travel could happen?" Obviously other than what I was taught in physics and astronomy of course, because apparently our education system is controlled, and I really hate to believe that, but I've learned enough over the past year to see that it is.
So naturally I read the article and I'm hooked! I began to explore your topics and what has been discussed and it is a little overwhelming being this new to having my eyes open. I would be willing to take any advice on what good articles or threads there are around here for someone in my position, I feel like I am so far behind at this point and need a little guidance to get started on this philosophical/existential journey through the truth zone.

Welcome to the forum, man.
You sound refreshing. Your science background will be invaluable here.
Pseudo-science abounds here. Your reasoned input will be most welcomed.
"From each according to his ability, to each according to his need."

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 03 Feb 2017 22:47 #676

• Gaia
  • Gold Member
TomJonDon wrote:
Hello!

Welcome Tom!

Glad you liked the Impossibility of Space Travel thread and curious to see your comments there.

What is your own background/profession?

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 04 Feb 2017 00:07 #677

• Flare
TomJonDon wrote:
Hello!

Hello Tom,

Nice to see you found out something is not right about the system and have started your search.

The 'impossibility' of Space Travel is a side-topic and not very important on the world stage. A lot of stuff seems to be hoaxed regarding space travel, but it tends to keep 'conspiracy-hobbyists' off the ball for the real matter at hand, which is about who run the world and shaped it during the course of history.

Have a look at the 9-11 topic to get started and find out more about that event.
Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not to his own facts. - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 08 Feb 2017 03:19 #678

• TomJonDon
  • Fresh Member
Hi Gaia,
Well I currently work in the asphalt industry but I've had an interesting journey to get there, spent 5 years at a university and got a well rounded science based education there, and finished with a bachelors in psychology. After that I realized there is no job that can pay for a degree in psych using a psych degree lol so I found a pretty decent paying job building stators for hydroelectric generators, really interesting stuff and I got to get a sense of what the US was really like, I got to travel to a lot of cool places and meet a lot of people that really keep the lights on. Unfortunately, the facility I was based out of had to shut down because the 10 years worth of projects we had got shut down due to EPA regulations. Yeah talk about sending up red flags. Did I just lose a job in clean energy under a democratic EPA administration? hmm any way I could have stayed with that company and traveled full time. I didn't want to do that with a fresh marriage and at that age where its time to settle down, so a family member in the asphalt industry got me in the door there. I like learning about how this industry works. 2 major parts of American infrastructure I got to be a part of and it feels good to see how they really work its fascinating. And as I am sure you all know the more you know about the way things work the harder it is for the media to fool you. Usually it's just misused jargon or something like that, but every once in a while you can spot a cover up or lie, and as far as the space travel thread goes, that subject has always fascinated me and after having some astronomy in college I never would have thought about that being some sort of cover up or hoax, however, there were some very interesting points made in there, and its fun to be open minded and learn more about pretty much anything! I'm excited to learn more and share what I can!
User(s) who Liked this post: Gaia

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 08 Feb 2017 17:12 #679

• GMP
  • Silver Member
Welcome to TZ TomDonJon

Arrivals, Introductions & Welcomes - The newbie thread 08 Feb 2017 17:25 #680

• Gaia
  • Gold Member
Tom, it looks like you have excellent prerequisites to dive deeper into the theatre of the absurd. An academic background is a big plus because you understand the scientific method. Although "science", in the sense of the scientific community, called "scientism" by some, is not less compromised than other, more obvious, areas as media, politics and entertainment, the basic philosophy; the scientific method is a sound way to discard bullshit.

Also that you work now in a down-to-earth working class environment is very positive. In my experience the working class has a more skeptical view of the powers than most academics, who rely on "peer review" and other faulty premises and authorities.

As a general recommendation I would say recognise, understand and enhance your toolkit; what are your tools to expose the fools.

For me, the toolkit contains four basic containers:

1 - basic science - empirical, common sense natural sciences as physics and chemistry
2 - basic philosophy - reason, rationality, this ties into how you see yourself in the world and what do you care about most
3 - logic - this is the main tool for everything you assess; can things be true or not, do they make sense
4 - skepticism - this you learn to appreciate the deeper you go into what the world is not, being skeptical about what others (and especially those who defend power structures) say is an important tool to make sense of it all. Your psychology background certainly will help you with this

Also what I would suggest is to pick your battles. There's so much to study and research (in the real, academic sense of the word; studying various sources, weighing their validity, recognising the agendas they have or might have, etc.) that it's impossible for a normal human being to be versed in all topics at the same level. What interests you the most and/or what you find fascinating on topics you never thought about before could be the best places to start. Also time; there are only so many hours available, you have a marriage to keep and a job too. In the end all we do here is just hobby, don't forget that. Life is lived outside of the borders of this truth seeking effort. And most of the people in your social circle will call you crazy if you start about some of the things we talk about here or you've read or watched elsewhere. Don't be disencouraged by that, it can take a strong character at times to withstand the surprise to outright namecalling by the people you love, but it's a personal quest for the truth by stripping down untruths, peeling the onion, that will give you energy and keep you motivated.

As a question; what have you discovered so far? Which areas have caught your attention and what would you like to add to the research probably done by others? Do you have researchers you like and want to share here? Or the opposite; recognised people who are muddying the waters?

Welcome again
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare