Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Just Lost a Cat

Just Lost a Cat 22 Oct 2019 19:48 #1

• Voltaire
  • Silver Member
Last year Annabelle developed cancer and we had to part. Today I said farewell to her sister Lucy who was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy at 2 yrs old. She made it to 12 and a half. the cardiologist saw her in july and her heart hadnt deteriorated much since the previous examination in january. but she developed pancreatitis a week or so ago which may have put a strain on he heart. she had little appetite but was still affectionate. over the weekend i noticed her breathing seemed stressed - hoping it was temporary i kept her under observation but with the lack of appetite continuing i took her to the vet today and an x ray confirmed that her heart had indeed failed and she had fluid in her chest so this was not going to go away. I had already decided that should she get to this point, the kindest thing was to say goodbye and that is what happened today.

She is at home so Bob and James, my other cats, can understand. Tomorrow or Thursday she will go for cremation. She was quite a character.

She is on the left in this pic

Truth is anti-semitic
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: peacenik, Flare, Roastie, Treebeard

Just Lost a Cat 22 Oct 2019 20:55 #2

• Flare
Voltaire wrote:
Last year Annabelle developed cancer and we had to part. Today I said farewell to her sister Lucy who was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy at 2 yrs old. She made it to 12 and a half. the cardiologist saw her in july and her heart hadnt deteriorated much since the previous examination in january. but she developed pancreatitis a week or so ago which may have put a strain on he heart. she had little appetite but was still affectionate. over the weekend i noticed her breathing seemed stressed - hoping it was temporary i kept her under observation but with the lack of appetite continuing i took her to the vet today and an x ray confirmed that her heart had indeed failed and she had fluid in her chest so this was not going to go away. I had already decided that should she get to this point, the kindest thing was to say goodbye and that is what happened today.

She is at home so Bob and James, my other cats, can understand. Tomorrow or Thursday she will go for cremation. She was quite a character.

She is on the left in this pic

I'm sorry to hear about that Voltaire.

My condolences on your loss.
User(s) who Liked this post: peacenik, Roastie

Just Lost a Cat 23 Oct 2019 06:16 #3

• Gaia
  • Gold Member
Repost, the baby fascist completely unexplicably removed my post

Rest in Peace Annabelle.

The Only Limit is Your Own Imagination
A truth seeker is someone who dares to wade through thick series of toxic smoke screens and tries not to inhale - Gaia
"What do you call 'genius'?" "Well, seeing things others don't see. Or rather the invisible links between things."
- Vladimir Nabokov (1938)
"The silence of conspiracy. Slaughtered on the altar of apathy." - Lords of the New Church (1982)

Just Lost a Cat 23 Oct 2019 17:27 #4

• Treebeard
  • Fresh Member
Sorry for your "temporary" loss.

God loves all His creatures, and has provided for them, we will know when we must know.

I bought this book when my Bootsie passed on. She looked a lot like your cat on the right in the picture.

www.amazon.com/Will-See-You-Heaven-Lovers/dp/1557259593

Just Lost a Cat 24 Oct 2019 17:15 #5

• Voltaire
  • Silver Member
Thanks for all the kind comments.

Truth is anti-semitic
User(s) who Liked this post: Flare

Just Lost a Cat 25 Oct 2019 21:39 #6

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 71, right winger, Christian, English
Our family home always had cats running around for many years but I haven't had a cat since moving to Plymouth 17 years ago.
Yet surprisingly I sometimes have an uncomfortable dream in which I'm back in the family home standing at the back door as it's getting dark, looking for the cats and calling them to come in, but they're not there, and I feel sad wondering why they haven't come home..
It's as if we form a "psychic bond" with people and pets who we've known during our lifetime..

Another time I had a dream in which our big fluffy grey cat "Fred" put in a brief appearance even though he vanished 50 years ago, we heard he'd gone to voluntarily live with another family a mile away who he must have preferred to us. Huh you try to be nice..
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare