Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Neurotoxic Flu Drug Approved for Use on Infants

Neurotoxic Flu Drug Approved for Use on Infants 07 Jan 2013 06:56 #1

• novum
  • Platinum Member
'Tamiflu, the antiviral drug facing international criticism for its deadly side effects, has been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for use on infants just two weeks old.

The FDA’s decision comes amidst international controversy over Tamiflu, known generically as oseltamivir. Since the drug’s approval in 1999, several suicide deaths and incidents of bizarre side effects have been recorded. In the UK, where use of Tamiflu was relatively low at the time of publication of a 2005 article, only 41 “yellow card” reports of adverse reactions were recorded, just one being agitation and two being “confusional states.”

In Japan, however, close to the cries of a then-imminent avian flu pandemic, 54 people with no previous discernible psychiatric or health complications were dead after taking Tamiflu in 2005.'

Read more: Neurotoxic Flu Drug Approved for Use on Infants
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Neurotoxic Flu Drug Approved for Use on Infants 05 Feb 2013 21:35 #2

• StarsChildren
from the package insert on the pediatric version
PDF
5 Warnings and precautions
5.1 Serious skin/Hypersensitivity Reactions – Cases of anaphylaxis and serious skin reactions including toxic epidermal necrolysis, Stevens-Jonson Syndrome, and erythema multiforme have been reported in postmarketing experience with Tamiflu®. Tamiflu® should be stopped and appropriate treatment instituted if an allergic-like reaction occurs or is suspected.
5 Warnings and precautions (continued)
5.2 Neuropsychiatric Events – Influenza can be associated with a variety of neurologic and behavioral symptoms that can include events such as hallucinations, delirium, and abnormal behavior, in some cases resulting in fatal outcomes. These events may occur in the setting of encephalitis or encephalopathy but can occur without obvious severe disease.
There have been post marketing reports (mostly from Japan) of delirium and abnormal behavior leading to injury, and in some cases resulting in fatal outcomes, in patients with influenza who were receiving Tamiflu®. Because these events were reported voluntarily during clinical practice, estimates of frequency cannot be made but they appear to be uncommon based on Tamiflu® usage data. These events were reported primarily among pediatric patients and often had an abrupt onset and rapid resolution. The contribution of Tamiflu® to these events has not been established. Closely monitor patients with influenza for signs of abnormal behavior. If neuropsychiatric symptoms occur, evaluate the risks and benefits of continuing treatment for each patient.
5 Warnings and precautions (continued)
5.3 Bacterial Infections – serious bacterial infections may begin with influenza-like symptoms or may coexist with or occur as complications during the course of influenza. Tamiflu® has not been shown to prevent such complications.
5.4 Limitations of Populations studied – efficacy of Tamiflu® in the treatment of influenza in patients with chronic cardiac disease and/or respiratory disease have not been established. No difference in the incidence of complications was observed between the treatment and placebo groups in this population. No information is available regarding treatment of influenza in patients with any medical condition sufficiently severe or unstable to be considered at imminent risk of requiring hospitalization.
Efficacy of Tamiflu® for treatment or prophylaxis of influenza has not been established in immunocompromised patients.

vaccine awareness - www.vaccineriskawareness.com/Tamiflu
Pediatric Trial of Tamiflu
698 patients aged between 1 and 12 years were enrolled in the trial and of those, 452 had flu. They were given 2mgs of Tamiflu, twice a day. They had a 1.5 day reduction of the length of their illness compared with the placebo (data sheet did not say what the placebo was).

ANIMAL TOXICOLOGY
In a 2 week study, a single dose of 1000mgs of oseltamivir to 7 day old unweaned rats, resulted in DEATHS.

Tamiflu Linked To Suicides
TAMIFLU, one of the two drugs being used to combat swine flu, has been linked to suicidal behaviour in young people and has been ineffective at treating the current strain of human flu in the United States.

Tamiflu is Giving Children Nightmares
More than half of children taking the swine flu drug Tamiflu experience side-effects such as nausea and nightmares, research suggests.

its still on the market here and being pushed... caught the swine flu when all the hype was going on about it a few years ago...was laid out on my back for 3 days, felt like shit, 4th day was up and about, never got the shot (neither did my son, who was directly exposed to it through contact with me, he never caught it)...had a friend, same age as me, got the shot, was sick for 2 weeks (her daughter, same age as my son...sick for 3 weeks before it finally cleared up completely). i know my experiences arent the same for everyone, but its a reference for ppl...ive talked to other non-vaccinating parents, they say the same thing, hardly ever sick, not sick as long (although we also have a habit of not giving anti-biotics and medication, which in most cases keeps u sick longer by stopping ur body from fighting it off, but thats a whole-nother can of worms for a diff time and place).
I don't like to think before I speak.
I like to be just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: novum
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare