Obamacare 07 Feb 2013 01:29 #1
Obamacare: A Deception
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010, commonly referred to as the ACA or Obamacare
Introduction by Paul Craig Roberts
The article below is the most comprehensive analysis available of “Obamacare” – the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. The author, a knowledgeable person who wishes to remain anonymous, explains how Obamacare works for the insurance companies but not for you.
Obamacare was formulated on the concept of health care as a commercial commodity and was cloaked in ideological slogans such as “shared responsibility,” “no free riders” and “ownership society.” These slogans dress the insurance industry’s raid on public resources in the cloak of a “free market” health care system.
You will learn how to purchase a subsidized plan at the Exchange, what will happen when income and family circumstances change during the year or from one year to the next, and other perils brought to you by Obamacare. It is one of the most important articles that will be posted on my website this year. Americans will be shocked to learn the extent to which they have been deceived. The legislation neither protects the patient nor are the plans affordable.
The author shows that for those Americans whose income places them between 138% and 400% of the Federal Poverty Level, the out-of-pocket cost for one of the least expensive (lower coverage) subsidized policies ranges from 2% to 9.5% of Modified Adjusted Gross Income (MAGI), a tax base larger than the Adjusted Gross Income used for calculating federal income tax.
What this means is that those Americans with the least or no disposable income are faced in effect with a substantial pay cut. The author provides an example of a 35 year-old with a MAGI of $27,925. The out-of- pocket cost to this person of a Silver level plan (second least expensive) is $187.33 per month. This cost is based on pre-tax income, that is, before income is reduced by payroll and income taxes. There goes the car payment or utility bill. The lives of millions of Americans will change drastically as they struggle with a new, large expense – particularly in an era of no jobs, low-paying jobs and rising cost of living.
The author also points out that the cost of using the mandated policies will be prohibitive because of the large deductibles and co-pays. Many Americans will find themselves not only with a policy they can’t afford, but also with one they cannot afford to use. Those who cannot afford the insurance, even with a subsidy, will be faced with a costly penalty, and in many cases, this, too, will be difficult, if not impossible, to pay. As each year’s subsidy is based on last year’s income, there will be a substantial year-end tax liability for those who must repay the subsidy in whole or part because their income increased during the year. The stress alone from such a regressive scheme is, without a doubt, not conducive to good health and well-being.
Diets will worsen for millions of Americans as they struggle with a new large expense. Thus, the effect of Obamacare will be to worsen the health of millions. Indeed, a “glitch” in the legislation allows millions to be priced out of coverage.
IRS: ObamaCare plans to cost families at least $20,000 per year
During the debate over his health care reform proposal, President Barack Obama and his apologists in Congress insisted that it would hold down insurance premiums for American families. But despite these promises, Jonathan Gruber, the architect of the plan, acknowledged that insurance premiums would still rise under ObamaCare.
So it comes as no surprise to see read an IRS report released last week showing that the cheapest health insurance plan under ObamaCare will cost a family $20,000 in 2016:
In a final regulation issued Wednesday, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) assumed that under Obamacare the cheapest health insurance plan available in 2016 for a family will cost $20,000 for the year.
The IRS’s assumption that the cheapest plan for a family will cost $20,000 per year is found in examples the IRS gives to help people understand how to calculate the penalty they will need to pay the government if they do not buy a mandated health plan.
The examples point to families of four and families of five, both of which the IRS expects in its assumptions to pay a minimum of $20,000 per year for a bronze plan.
“The annual national average bronze plan premium for a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 children) is $20,000,” the regulation says.
While the individual mandate is supposed to ensure that Americans purchase health insurance coverage, a nearly $1,700 per month premium is going to be too much for many families to afford. CNS News notes that the failure to purchase health insurance coverage would result in a $2,085 penalty per family (or 2.5% of taxable income) in 2016.
Like businesses who are dropping coverage to avoid heavy costs, it’s cheaper for Americans to remain uninsured, especially now that ObamaCare has further driven up costs, rather than purchase health insurance coverage.
I don't like to think before I speak.
I like to be just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.
Obamacare 07 Feb 2013 01:42 #2
this is a story i did for the news in 2010, i dont know if they've made modifications to the healthcare bill (obamacare) or not, but in march 2010 this was an english translation of what was in the bill (also it was gone over by an international lawyer and what he had to say is included)
i warn you, it is long...feel free not to read unless bored out of your mind because you will be asleep by the end of it...the newspaper id id this for was not too happy with me when i insisted they keep the story running (they also were very displeased with the length, as readers here will probably be also )
What's Really in Obama's Health Care Reform Bill
The information here has been checked, and has been found to be true in its claims. Quotes from the actual bill are presented along with the claims made. An international lawyer has gone over the claims and the contents of the bill, here's what he has to say, "America has finally gone off the deep end. With this new bill, your losing that freedom you American's praise so often, it leaves enough loopholes in it to adjust whenever they see fit if they need to implement another choke hold on the public, both citizens and the financial stability of the public." When asked just what he meant by "choke hold", he went on to say, "Put simply... your country is screwed."
What's really in Obama's health care reform bill? Almost no one knows, and here's why: It's 1,017 pages long and written in an alien form of bureaucratic English that can barely be decoded by earthlings.
And yet, astonishingly, a U.S. Army translator has been found who speaks "Washington Doublespeak" and he was kind enough to decode the bill and post his plain-language findings over at FreeRepublic.com.
• Page 16: States that if you have insurance at the time of the bill becoming law and change, you will be required to take a similar plan. If that is not available, you will be required to take the gov option! May remain with there current coverage is it is in effect before the first day of Y1 IF the following conditions are met:
"1 limitation on new enrollment
A except as provided in this paragrapch, the individual health insurance issuer offering such coverage does not enroll any individual in such coverage if the first effective date of coverage is on or after the first day of Y1
B subparagraph A shall not affect the subsequent enrollment of a dependent of an individual who is covered as of such first day
2 conditions - subject to paragraph 3 and except as required by law, the issuer does not change any of its terms or conditions, including benefits and cost-sharing, from those in effect as of the day before before the first day of Y1"
So if you have coverage before this takes bill takes effect, you can keep it but you cannot seek coverage other then the gov provided one or ones that provide what the government wants after the bill takes effect
• Page 22: Mandates audits of all employers that self-insure! True "...shall conduct a study of the large group insured and self-insured employer health care markets. Such a study shall axamine the following:..."
• Page 29: Admission: your health care will be rationed! True... for an individual, you may have up to $5,000 a year in medical, and for a family $10,000 in medical for the first year. such levels shall be increasred to the nearest $100 for each subsequent year by the annual percentage increase.
• Page 30: A government committee will decide what treatments and benefits you get (and, unlike an insurer, there will be no appeals process) Possible... a private-public advisory committee will recommend covered benefits and essential, enhanced, and premium plans. So they will decide what benefits the majority should recieve, making recommendations as to what benefits to give and to whom (which plan they are with), so if you want something that is not covered your paying for it.
• Page 42: The "Health Choices Commissioner" will decide health benefits for you. You will have no choice. None. "SEC. 142. Duties and Authority of Commissioner."
"The establishment of qualified health benefits plan standards" they decide which health benefits are standard "including the enforcement of such standards in coordination with State insurance regulators and the Secretaries of Labor and the Treasury" Enforcement? You have to get what they think you need? Not sure on the real meaning of this, but that is what it sounds like.
• Page 50: All non-US citizens, illegal or not, will be provided with free healthcare services. "Prohibition discrimination in health care. (a) except as otherwise explicitly permitted by this Act and by subsequent regulations consistent with this Act, all health care and related services (including insurance coverage and public health activities) covered by this Act shall be provided without regard to personal characteristics extraneous to the provision of high quality health care or related services." Sounds like it, but to be fair, I think they are generalizing the American people, meaning if you don't have health insurance, your covered anyway. They do not state "non-US citizens", nor do they not state it either.
• Page 58: Every person will be issued a National ID Healthcard. True, it MAY include utilization of a machine-readable health plan beneficiary identification card to "enable the real-time (or near real-time) determination of an individual's financial responsibility at the point of service and, to the extent possible, prior to service, including whether the individual is eligible for a specific service with a specific physician at a specific facility"
• Page 59: The federal government will have direct, real-time access to all individual bank accounts for electronic funds transfer. "(C) enable electronic funds transfers, in order to allow automated reconciliation with the related health care payment and remittance advice;"
• Page 65: Taxpayers will subsidize all union retiree and community organizer health plans (example: SEIU, UAW and ACORN) They do not state any one company other then Health and Human Services, they are not claiming ACORN or any other company. They are however claiming they will "establish a temporary reinsurance program (in this section referred to as the "reinsurance program") to provide reimbursement to assist participating employment-based plans with the cost of providing health benefits to retirees and eligible spouses, surviving spouses and dependents of such retirees."
• Page 72: All private healthcare plans must conform to government rules to participate in a Healthcare Exchange. "(1) under section 204 establish standards for, accept bids from, and negotiate and enter into contracts with, QHBP offering entities for the offering of health benefits plans through the Health Insurance Exchange, with different levels of benefits required under section 203, and including with respect to oversight and enforcement;" To participate in the health care exchange, insurance companies will have to comply with government standards of health-care.
• Page 84: All private healthcare plans must participate in the Healthcare Exchange (i.e., total government control of private plans) Goes along with page 72, where the health-care plans offered must meet with government oversight standards and approval to be able to provide. "The commissioner may not enter into a contract with a QHBP offering entity under section 204(c) for the offering of an Exchange-participating health benefits plan in a service area unless the following requirements are met:"
• Page 91: Government mandates linguistic infrastructure for services; translation: illegal aliens "(7) CULTURALLY AND LINGUISTICALLY APPROPRIATE SERVICES AND COMMUNICATIONS.---The entity shall provide for culturally and linguistically appropriate communication and health services." Making it so that everyone, no matter race or language can understand what they are doing.
• Page 95: The Government will pay ACORN and Americorps to sign up individuals for Government-run Health Care plan. "(a) In General.--- (1) OUTREACH.---The Commissioner shall conduct outreach activities consistent with subsection (c), including through use of appropriate entities as described in paragraph (4) of such subsection, to inform and educated individuals and employers about the Health Insurance Exchange and Exchange-participating health benefits plan options." They do not state specifically a company, but entities. But they do make it sound as if they will be happy if everyone gets "educated" about all insurance companies who make the exchange and the government provided insurance as well.
• Page 102: Those eligible for Medicaid will be automatically enrolled: you have no choice in the matter. "(3) AUTOMATIC ENROLLMENT OF MEDICAID ELIGIBLE INDIVIDUALS INTO MEDICAID.---The Commissioner shall provide for a process under which an individual who is described in section 202(d)(3) and has not elected to enroll in an Exchange-participating health benefits plan is automatically enrolled under Medicaid."
• Page 124: No company can sue the government for price-fixing. No "judicial review" is permitted against the government monopoly. Put simply, private insurers will be crushed. "(f) Limitations on review.--- There shall be no administrative or judicial review of a payment rate or methodology established under this section or under section 224." When read with the rest of the page, it translates just as it is claimed to.
• Page 127: The AMA sold doctors out: the government will set wages. True, set wages... "(A) PREFERRED PHYSICIANS.---Those physicians who agree to accept the payment rate established under section 223 (without regard to cost-sharing) as the payment in full. (B) PARTICIPATING, NON-PREFERRED PHYSICIANS.---Those physicians who agree not to impose charges (in relations to the payment rate described in section 223 for such physicians) that exceed the ratio permitted under section 1848(g)(2)(C) of the Social Security Act."
• Page 145: An employer MUST auto-enroll employees into the government-run public plan. No alternatives. "(4) AUTOENROLLEMENT OF EMPLOYEES.---The employer provides for autoenrollment of the employee in accordance with subsection (c)."
• Page 126 (Page 146-147 - mistyped page number): Employers MUST pay healthcare bills for part-time employees AND their families. It did not show on page 126, but it is Possibly as it reads on page 146-147 as... "(3) Minimum employer contribution for employees other than full-time employees.---In the case of coverage for an employee who is not a full-time employee, the amount of the minimum employer contribution under this subsection shall be a proportion (as determined in accordance with rules of the Health Choices Commissioner, the Secretary of Labor, the Secretary of Health and Human Services, and the Secretary of the Treasury, as applicable) of the minimum employer contribution under this subsection with respect to a full-time employee that reflects the proportion of---"
• Page 149: Any employer with a payroll of $400K or more, who does not offer the public option, pays an 8% tax on payroll "Sec. 313. Employer Contributions in Lieu of coverage. (a) In General.---A contribution is made in accordance with this section with respect to an employee if such contribution is equal to an amount equal to 8 percent of the average wages paid by the employer during the period of enrollment"
• Page 150: Any employer with a payroll of $250K-400K or more, who does not offer the public option, pays a 2 to 6% tax on payroll "(1) In general.---In the case of any employer who is a small employer for any calendar year, subsection (a) shall be applied by substituting the applicable percentage determined in accordance with the follow table for "8 percent" If the annual payroll of such employer for the preceding calendar year is --- The applicable percentage is --- Does not exceed $250,000...0%; Exceeds $250,000, but does not exceed $300,000...2 %; Exceeds $300,000, but does not exceed $350,000...4%; Exceeds $350,000, but does not exceed $400,000...6%"
• Page 167: Any individual who doesnt' have acceptable healthcare (according to the government) will be taxed 2.5% of income. "SEC. 59B. TAX ON INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT ACCEPTABLE HEALTH CARE COVERAGE. (a) Tax Imposed.---In the case of any individual who does not meet the requirements of subsection (d) at any time during the taxable year, there is hereby imposed a tax equal to 2.5 percent of the excess of--- (1) the taxpayer's modified adjusted gross income for the taxable year, over (2) the amount of gross income specified in section 6012(a)(1) with respect to the taxpayer."
• Page 170: Any NON-RESIDENT alien is exempt from individual taxes (Americans will pay for them). "(2) Nonresident Aliens.---Subsection (a) shall not apply to any individual who is a nonresident alien." So what does subsection (a) say? Look above, "Tax Imposed".
• Page 195: Officers and employees of Government Healthcare Bureaucracy will have access to ALL American financial and personal records. "(A) In General.---...(i) taxpayer identity information with respect to such taxpayer, (ii) the filing status of such taxpayer, (iii) the modified adjusted gross income of such taxpayer (as defined in section 59B(e)(5)), (iv) the number of dependents of the taxpayer, (v) such other information as is prescribed by the Secretary of regulation as might indicate whether the taxpayer is eligible for such affordability credits (and the amount thereof), and, (vi) the taxable year with respect which the preceding information relates or, if applicable the fact that such information is not available."
• Page 203: "The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax." Yes, it really says that. "(4) Not Treated as tax imposed by this chapter for certain purposes.---The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax imposed by this chapter for the purposes of determining the amount of any credit under this chapter or for purposes of section 55."
• Page 239: Bill will reduce physician services for Medicaid. Seniors and the poor most affected. "(c) Limitation on Physicians' Services Included in Target Growth Rate Computation to Services Covered Under Physician Fee Schedule.---"
• Page 241: Doctors: no matter what speciality you have, you'll all be paid the same (thanks, AMA!) Line 6 "Service categories established under this paragraph shall apply without regard to the specialty of the physician furnishing the service."
• Page 253: Government sets value of doctors' time, their professional judgment, etc. "(L) Validating Relative Value Units.--- (i) In general.---The Secretary shall establish a process to validate relative value units under the fee schedule under subsection (b).; (ii) Components and Elements of Work.--...; (iii) Scope of Codes.---...; (iv) Methods.---...;(v) Adjustments.---..."
• Page 265: Government mandates and controls productivity for private healthcare industries. "PART 2---MARKET BASKET UPDATES; SEC. 1131. Incorporating Productivity Improvements Into Market Basket Updates That Do Not Already Incorporate Such Improvements."
• Page 268: Government regulates rental and purchase of power-driven wheelchairs. "PART 3---OTHER PROVISIONS; SEC. 1141. Rental and Purchase of Power-Driven Wheelchairs.; (a) In General.---Section 1834(a)(7)(A)(iii) of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 1395m(a)(7)(A)(iii)) is amended---"
• Page 272: Cancer patients: welcome to the wonderful world of rationing! "Sec. 1145. Treatment of Certain Cancer Hospitals.; ... (B) Authorization of Adjustment.--- Insofar as the Secretary determines under subparagraph (A) that costs incurred by hospitals described in section 1886(d)(1)(B)(v) exceed those costs incurred by other hospitals furnishing services under this subsection, the Secretary shall provide for an appropriate adjustment under paragraph (3)(E) to reflect those higher costs effective for services furnished on or after January, 2011."
• Page 280: Hospitals will be penalized for what the government deems preventable re-admissions. "Sec. 1151. Reducing Potentially Preventable Hospital Readmissions."
• Page 298: Doctors: if you treat a patient during an initial admission that results in a readmission, you will be penalized by the government. Starting at line 7 "(B) developing measures of rates of readmission for individuals treated by physicians; (C) applying a payment reduction for physicians who treat the patient during the initial admission that results in readmission; and; (D) methods for attributing payments or payment reductions to the appropriate physician or physicians."
• Page 317: Doctors: you are now prohibited for owning and investing in healthcare companies! "(B) Prohibition on physician ownership or investment.---The percentage of the total value of the ownership or investment interests hel in the hospital, or in an entity whose assets include the hospital, by physician owners or investors in the aggregate does not exceed such percentage as of the date of enactment of this subsection."
• Page 318: Prohibition on hospital expansion. Hospitals cannot expand without government approval. "(C) Prohibition on expansion of facility capacity.---...are no greater than the number of operating rooms, procedure rooms, or beds, respectively, as of such date."
• Page 321: Hospital expansion hinges on "community" input: in other words, yet another payoff for ACORN. "(ii) Opportunity for community input.---The process under clause (i) shall provide persons and entities in the community in which the hospital applying for an exception is located with the opportunity to provide input with respect to the application."
• Page 335: Government mandates establishment of outcome-based measures: i.e., rationing. "(ii) Establishment of Outcome-based Measures.---By not later than for 2013 the Secretary shall implement reporting requirements for quality under this section on measures selected under clause (iii) that reflect the outcomes of care experienced by individuals enrolled in Medicare Advantage plans (in addition to measures described in clause (i))...."
• Page 341: Government has authority to disqualify Medicare Advantage Plans, HMOs, etc. "(iv) Authority to Disqualify Certain Plans.---..."
• Page 354: Government will restrict enrollment of SPECIAL NEEDS individuals. "SEC. 1177. Extension of Authority of Special Needs Plans to Restrict Enrollment. ..."
• Page 379: More bureaucracy: Telehealth Advisory Committee (healthcare by phone). "SEC. 1191. Telehealth Expansion and Enhancements. ..."
• Page 425: More bureaucracy: Advance Care Planning Consult: Senior Citizens, assisted suicide, euthanasia? Page 424 Line 20 "Advance Care Planning Consultation"
• Page 425: Government will instruct and consult regarding living wills, durable powers of attorney, etc. Mandatory. Appears to lock in estate taxes ahead of time. Line 7 "(B) An explanation by the practitioner of advance directives, including living wills and durable powers of attorney, and their uses."
• Page 425: Government provides approved list of end-of-life resources, guiding you in death. Line 19 "(E) An explanation by the practitioner of the continuum of end-of-life services and supports available, including palliative care and hospice, and benefits for such services and supports that are available under this title."
• Page 427: Government mandates program that orders end-of-life treatment; government dictates how your life ends. "(III) provides training for health care professionals across the continuum of care about the goals and use of orders for life sustaining treatment; and (IV) is guided by a coalition of stakeholders includes representatives from emergency medical services, emergency department physicians or nurses..."
• Page 429: Advance Care Planning Consult will be used to dictate treatment as patient's health deteriorates. This can include an ORDER for end-of-life plans. An ORDER from the GOVERNMENT. "(4) A consultation under this subsection may include the formulation of an order regarding life sustaining treatment or a similar order."
• Page 430: Government will decide what level of treatments you may have at end-of-life. "(B) The level of treatment indicated under subparagraph (A)(ii) may range from an indication for full treatment to an indication to limit some or all or specified interventions. Such indicated levels of treatment may include indications respecting, among other items---..."
• Page 469: Community-based Home Medical Services: more payoffs for ACORN. "(iii) The organization employs community health workers, including nurses or other non-physician practitioners, lay health workers, or other persons as determined appropriate by the Secretary, that assist the primary or principal care physician or nurse practitioner in chronic care management activities..."
• Page 472: Payments to Community-based organizations: more payoffs for ACORN. "(I) Payment to Community-based Organization.---One monthly payment to a community-based or State-based organization."
• Page 489: Government will cover marriage and family therapy. Government intervenes in your marriage. "SEC. 1308. Coverage of Marriage and Family Therapist Services..."
• Page 494: Government will cover mental health services: defining, creating and rationing those services. "Mental Health Counselor Services"
"What Will Be Considered Mandatory
The Federal Government’s proposed mandatory health insurance will mean mandatory vaccinations/immunizations. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) says that for anyone who refuses to keep up-to-date vaccinations, under the new health reform, you will not be able to obtain any health care you may need until immunizations are current. (what does that mean? Even if your deathly allergic to the contents of a vaccine, your getting it regardless of if you'll die from it or not)
It was also reported that the new health care reform bill was submitted with a provision that those doctors and hospitals who are not “meaningful users” of the new reform system will also be faced with fines and penalties. As well as the Secretary of Health and Human Services will be “permitted to impose more stringent measures of meaningful use over time.”"
I don't like to think before I speak.
I like to be just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.