Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Do you think GM crops are a good thing?

Yes, they are beneficial No votes 0%
No, they are harmful frankenfoods 10 100%
Undecided / dont know enough yet No votes 0%
Total number of voters: 10 ( Steven, Exorcist, Lizzy, Voltaire, irongate ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: Genetically modified crops (GMCs, GMO's, GM crops, or biotech crops) - The GM thread + Poll inside

Genetically modified crops (GMCs, GMO's, GM crops, or biotech crops) - The GM thread + Poll inside 19 Nov 2014 10:57 #1

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Im making this thread as a dedicated GM food thread, so post GM related info here.

An intro... (for anyone who's been living under a rock)
wikipedia wrote:
Genetically modified crops (GMCs, GM crops, or biotech crops) are plants used in agriculture, the DNA of which has been modified using genetic engineering techniques. In most cases the aim is to introduce a new trait to the plant which does not occur naturally in the species.

Examples in food crops include resistance to certain pests, diseases, or environmental conditions, reduction of spoilage, or resistance to chemical treatments (e.g. resistance to a herbicide), or improving the nutrient profile of the crop.

Examples in non-food crops include production of pharmaceutical agents, biofuels, and other industrially useful goods, as well as for bioremediation.

More: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetically_modified_organism
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
Last Edit: 19 Nov 2014 11:05 by novum.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Genetically modified crops (GMCs, GM crops, or biotech crops) - The GM thread 19 Nov 2014 10:59 #2

• novum
  • Platinum Member
GMO & Mammal health, part 1. Klaus Sall & Ib Borup Pedersen

"GMO & Mammal health" Ib Borup Pedersen a Danish pig farmer, replaced GM soy with non-GM soy in the feeding schedules on his farm at Pilegaarden, Hvidsten, near Randers in Jylland, he immediately observed positive changes in the health of the sow herd.

Mr Pedersen is not an organic farmer, but a regular farmer using the same intensive techniques to raise pigs as many other farmers across the country. Mr Pedersen says, "I have been looking after my 450 sows with the same worker for 5 years, and our management of the animals is unchanged. That is clearly not the reason for our improved results. When I switched to non-GMO soy in April 2011, I chose not to tell my employee, but he was nevertheless quick to notice a difference.

"You've changed the diet," he said to me a few days after the switch to GM-free soya feed. "Well, what's wrong now?" I asked, but it turned out that for the first time in many months there had not been any animals needing to be injected against piglet diarrhoea. The positive trend has remained ever since and has indeed been further enhanced over the last year. Just the savings I have accomplished in medicine expenses have paid for the extra cost of the GMO-free soy.

In total, I am looking at an increased profit of 250,000 DKr. or 550 kr. per sow. My animals are happier and healthier, and my profit margins have increased. So I must be doing something right!"

Lecture: "GMO & Mammal health - presentation of practical experience with GMO from a Danish pig producing farm"
Caution is one of the basic principles in organic and biodynamic production. But, is there any reason to be cautious when it comes to GMO crops?

Introduction by Klaus Sall: An introduction to what Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO) are and how they are made. What does science tell us and what is experienced in practice. A changeover to natural soya study in Danish farms. What are the effects on mammal health. Roundup -- is it safe? · What does science tell us and what is experienced in practice. A two year study of deformities in piglets verses Glyphosate content in feed on a Danish pig farm. What can these real life studies tell us about GMO technology and agrochemicals?

www.openmindconference.com
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

Genetically modified crops (GMCs, GM crops, or biotech crops) - The GM thread 19 Nov 2014 11:00 #3

• novum
  • Platinum Member
GMO & Mammal health, part 2. Ib Borup Pedersen

1365 = 1

Genetically modified crops (GMCs, GM crops, or biotech crops) - The GM thread 20 Nov 2014 01:35 #4

Genetically modified crops (GMCs, GM crops, or biotech crops) - The GM thread 20 Nov 2014 01:56 #5

Genetically modified crops (GMCs, GMO's, GM crops, or biotech crops) - The GM thread + Poll inside 20 Nov 2014 02:22 #6

• Mario
  • Mushroom Kingdom
  • You have the Right NOT to Vote! = for EVIL!

by Christina Sarich
August 7, 2014
from NaturalSociety Website

How does defeating one of the biggest fraudulent trade agreements supported by,
  • Monsanto
  • Syngenta
  • Bayer
  • DuPont-Pioneer
  • Dow
  • BASF,
  • ...and the politicians they own sound to you?

Just in case you aren't familiar with the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP or TAFTA), they are huge multinational 'trade' deals written by corporations, which are being pushed by the White House and many of our politicians in order to support the ongoing monopoly of our food supply.

They are toxic, just like the products these companies sell, but you can stop them with a twitter storm and grass-roots activism.

If you aren't on Twitter, you can also sign a petition or post to one of many Facebook pages, telling Congress and our government that you don't support trade agreements which ravage the environment, kill farmer's wages, and support toxic GM agricultural practices.

The TPP is simply undemocratic. It threatens all our founding fathers worked to set up for the Republic.

If the TPP passed, it would supersede and undermine U.S. federal and state laws, including FDA and Department of Agriculture rules and regulations. It would compel sales of globalized commodified food of uncertain and likely damaging origin, dangerous pesticides, and untested genetic and molecular content on consumers.

Your choice will be gone, and even a meaningful glance at a label will be either pointless or will deliberately misinform consumers. As many of us suspected all along, labeling is just part of the problem.

There will be no alternative to your lack of choice under TPP.
    "...if the secret Trans-Pacific Partnership currently being negotiated in secret sessions among the United States and 11 other Pacific Rim countries is passed.

The Obama administration, guided by Monsanto and other agribusiness and pharmaceutical companies, is pushing for rules that put corporate greed ahead of food safety and consumers' right to know what we're eating."
    You can also pass around this information, which makes the TPP more transparent.

Don't let Monsanto, et al, run over your rights even more than they already have. If you don't want to eat GMOs without even having the knowledge you've done so, this trade agreement must be stopped.
    http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/sociopol_tpp11.htm 

||||||||||||||||

Genetic Modified Organisms are organisms whose genetic material were modified in a way which is not found in nature under natural conditions of crossbreed or natural recombination.
    The genetic Modified Organism must be a biological unit which is able to multiply itself or to transmit genetic material.
    http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_geneticfood.htm#Additional_Information 

_____________ _____________
    @ oiram @
    Last Edit: 20 Nov 2014 03:17 by Mario.

Genetically modified crops (GMCs, GMO's, GM crops, or biotech crops) - The GM thread + Poll inside 20 Nov 2014 03:41 #7

• irongate
    • Fresh Member
    with GMO, the dna of the crop is narrowed down due to selective breeding of plants. So, with the dna of said crop(s) becoming homogenous to only one variety - what we find is that we are manipulating the crop to be bigger, tastier, more resistant to fungal disease etc - for the time we live in now...

...what happens when the environment changes to such a degree that these GMO crops cannot grow to their potential due to their DNA being homogenised to only one engineered variety?

The unmolested crops will have a better chance of adjusting to the environmental changes due to pollination from a diverse spectrum of DNA being blown over miles and miles from other - non GMO crops... yet, we've not been told about that.

I voted that they are harmful, simply because Monsanto has ensured that no farmer in the world can own organic seeds anymore - oh, they filed for the seed patents on cannabis now too lol. I mean, who saw that one coming?

For you tokers out there - you know that landrace strains are rare now - because y'all smoke GMO weed - basically that's what it is, engineered.

IG
    Out between ideas of wrong doing,

and right doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there - Jalaluddin Rumi

Genetically modified crops (GMCs, GMO's, GM crops, or biotech crops) - The GM thread + Poll inside 20 Nov 2014 04:06 #8

• Mario
    • Mushroom Kingdom

by Christina Sarich August 5, 2014
    from NaturalSociety Website

Due to widespread opposition, the biotech industry is pulling their transgenic crops out of the EU.

While the EU Commission has yet to make a decisions regarding the cultivation of genetically engineered maize 1507, U.S. companies have quietly withdrawn for applications to cultivate the GE plant in the EU.

According to Testbiotech, two of the many withdrawals were for glyphosate-tolerant seeds marketed by Monsanto,
  • soybean 40-3-2 (Roundup Ready soybean)
  • maize line NK603

• The latter was made famous in the Seralini study first conducted in 2012, and re-published last week (Long-term Toxicity of a Roundup Herbicide and a Roundup-tolerant Genetically Modified Maize - Republished study) after much controversy, and the journal that originally published the study withdrew it (original study here).

This information has emerged from a meeting lasting only minutes and held by the Standing Committee on Genetically Modified Food and Feed (SCFCAH) as representatives of member states ponder applications for authorization or denial of GE crops. The meeting was held in the EU.

Following these quiet withdrawals, the EU has only one pending application for a transgenic plant from Monsanto to peruse - a renewal for maize MON 810 that produces its own insecticidal protein.

This is the same maize that 80% of the public in Italy supported a ban for, and the same maize that was banned in France.

The EU register also shows that the European Food Safety Agency (EFSA) has received a withdrawal request from DuPont/Pioneer for two additional applications - both for GE maize cultivars,

• 1507 x NK603
  • 59122 x 1507 x NK603
  • Just last year, Monsanto withdrew six applications for the cultivation of genetically engineered sugar beets and maize:

• maize MON89034 x MON88017
  • maize MON89034
  • maize MON89034 x NK603
  • maize NK603 x MON810
  • maize MON88017
  • sugar beet H7-1
  • Furthermore, there are - in addition to maize MON810 - a further eight EU applications still pending for the cultivation of genetically engineered crops:
    maize 1507 by Pioneer (insect toxicity, herbicide tolerance)
    maize Bt11 by Syngenta (insect toxicity, herbicide tolerance)
    maize 59122 by Pioneer (insect toxicity, herbicide tolerance)
    maize 1507×59122 by Pioneer (insect toxicity, herbicide tolerance)
    maize GA21 by Syngenta (herbicide tolerance)
    maize MIR604 by Syngenta (insect toxicity)
    maize Bt11xMIR604xGA21 by Syngenta (insect toxicity, herbicide tolerance)
    cotton GHB614 by Bayer CropScience (herbicide tolerance)
    While the EU, overall, refuses the cultivation of GMO crops, the United States continues to offer full acceptance for the biotech industry’s creations.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_geneticfood181.htm 

@ oiram @

Genetically modified crops (GMCs, GMO's, GM crops, or biotech crops) - The GM thread + Poll inside 20 Nov 2014 04:14 #9

• Mario
    • Mushroom Kingdom

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_monsanto.htm#Countries_Against_Monsanto 

@ oiram @
    Last Edit: 20 Nov 2014 04:15 by Mario.

Genetically modified crops (GMCs, GMO's, GM crops, or biotech crops) - The GM thread + Poll inside 20 Nov 2014 04:40 #10

• GMOJUNK
    irongate wrote:
    with GMO, the dna of the crop is narrowed down due to selective breeding of plants. So, with the dna of said crop(s) becoming homogenous to only one variety - what we find is that we are manipulating the crop to be bigger, tastier, more resistant to fungal disease etc - for the time we live in now...
    IG

The fact of the matter is that GMO and the required chemicals do not produce larger or tastier crops as they explain in the first videos in the thread. It's a myth that the agriculture giants like to throw out in press releases and averts. They also control all access to independent research locking out any potential criticism. GMO is nothing like natural selective breeding it couldn't be further away from natural practices unless you think genetic material from a deep sea fish could make its way into a tomato to enhance shelf life and cold storage qualities. If you watch the second video the farmer explains the impact GMO feed had on his stock and the appalling birth defects he was seeing as well as the poor health of sows and piglets. He also explains that the genetics are passed on at the point of consumption. Another important and often overlooked aspect is the way that these food metabolise when consumed. Most if not all are not ingested and converted in the same way as their natural counterparts. The effects of Roundup and the way that round up works is explained in the video and that has a serious impact on plants, mammals and wildlife generally. They go into the issues caused by Glyphosate's and the links to cancers and other serious illnesses. It's a fucking horror story which needs to be stopped and the companies responsible need to be put out of business. There isn't enough money in the universe to compensate the people of the world for the past and present damage these businesses, corrupt governments and courts have caused to the environment. It runs far deeper and is far more dangerous to the future of the planet than we seem to think.

Genetically modified crops (GMCs, GMO's, GM crops, or biotech crops) - The GM thread + Poll inside 20 Nov 2014 04:43 #11

• Mario
    • Mushroom Kingdom

by Mike Adams July 27, 2014
    from NaturalNews Website

The single greatest fear of GMO pushers has just been revealed. In the days after I wrote my now-famous article comparing GMO advocates to Nazi collaborators, the blogosphere erupted with a heated discussion of,
    Monsanto
    journalism
    the scientific dictatorship of the Nazi empire
    the parallels with modern-day GMO pushers
    This story thrust the topic of GMOs back into the minds of millions of people, which was of course the whole point. It also helped introduced terms into the minds of the public like,
    "Monsanto collaborators"
    "agricultural holocaust"
    Critics of the article only helped this effort by pointing to it and bringing more traffic to my website, causing our email subscriber list to rapidly explode over the last few days.

Lists of GMO skeptics are acceptable, but lists of GMO collaborators cause panic
    Naturally, I expected to be attacked and vilified for daring to make such a comparison, but what I didn't expect was to discover just how freaked out GMO pushers would be when they found their names being added to a list.

The list, hosted by a still-fishy website called MonsantoCollaborators.org (which appears to be offline at the moment), contained a list of names of a selection of pro-Monsanto bloggers, journalists and scientists:

• Journalist Collaborators
  • Jennifer Ackerman
  • Mischa Popoff
  • John Stossel - His brother runs the biotech front group ACSH which pretends to be an independent group of experts
  • Brooke Borel
  • Jon Entine - A discredited journalistic fraud with full background and history of journalistic fraud published at TruthWiki.org
  • David Tribe
  • Don Hazen - He has pursued a systematic pattern of defamating and disparaging key leaders of the anti-GMO movement. As the new editor of AlterNet he changed the course of the publication from anti-GMO to its current position of attacking GMO labeling advocates, bashing nutritional supplements and promoting the vaccine propaganda of Dr. Paul Offit.
  • David Rotman
  • Mark Lynas
  • Emil Karlsson
  • Steven Novella
  • Theresa Phillips
  • Keith Kloor - A fraudulent blogger who invents fictional stories and plays them off as facts to entice readers.

• Forbes.com - Recently sold to the Chinese, now run by communists, formerly owned by the Elevation Partners VC group. Ran articles by discredited journalist Jon Entine that had to be retracted because of all the false statements.
  • Source

The list seemed somewhat random, and I didn't even recognize half the names on it.

But the mere existence of such a list freaked out the GMO pushers to an extreme. Essentially, they panicked.

This I find truly funny at one level because the Monsanto collaborators in the media are constantly listing the names of those they claim are "quacks" or anti-GMO skeptics.

I can't even think of how many hate lists my name is probably on by now due to my outspoken criticism of GMOs, vaccines, chemotherapy and psychiatric drugs. I think it's fair to say I have somehow achieved the dubious honor of being the most polarizing person in alternative media today, loved by millions of readers and fans and yet absolutely despised by biotech bloggers and journalists.

Or, perhaps, Alex Jones still retains the title and I'm a close second. That's why I still honor Alex Jones for his willingness to tell the truth about what he believes, even though I'm not associated with his show anymore.

Who should be held responsible for GM crop failures and farmer suicides?
    All this brings up a truly important discussion into the question of who should be held responsible when GMO crops fail and lead to farmer suicides?

GMOs lead to far greater numbers of farmer suicides following crop failures because the steep price of GM seeds places a far higher financial burden on the farmer.

If the crop doesn't succeed, the farmer finds himself in far worse financial straits than if he had planted conventional seeds which cost considerably less.

So far, farmer suicides in India that have been linked to genetically modified crops are approaching 300,000 farmers, a horrifying number that justifiably invokes the phrase "agricultural holocaust."

The real question that's now being raised in all this is:
    Who is responsible for the failures and devastating effects of GMOs?
    This is a crucial question for the obvious reason of corporate liability.

Once, Big Tobacco sold products that caused cancer. For decades, the tobacco industry paid off scientists to publicly proclaim cigarettes were not only safe but even healthy!

This set the precedent of evil corporations buying off scientists to control the conversation and obfuscate the facts.

Eventually, the mountain of evidence against Big Tobacco became so large and irrefutable that the companies were driven into a multi-billion-dollar settlement that gutted their profits and tightly restricted their future marketing of tobacco products. Right now, the biotech industry is pulling out all the stops, desperately attempting to whitewash the cancer effects of its own products in order to avoid the same fate as Big Tobacco.

In fact, if you start to ask a few reasonable questions about GMOs, you begin to understand just why there is so much fear among those paid-off corporate shills and sellout scientists who are fronting the biotech agenda:

• Who should be held accountable for the farmer suicides caused by failed GM crops?
  • Who is responsible for the wave of cancer being caused by exposure to BT Corn and glyphosate?

• Who will be held responsible for the devastating environmental effects of GM crops in the case of runaway genetic pollution or a systemic crop failure leading to starvation?

• It is these questions that the biotech industry is desperately trying to avoid.

The industry knows that both Big Tobacco and Big Pharma have been haunted by lawsuits stemming from consumers who were harmed or killed by those products. One tobacco company was recently hit with a multi-billion-dollar judgment stemming from the death of one man from cancer.

That's why the Seralini study (Long Term Toxicity of a Roundup Herbicide and a Roundup-Tolerant Genetically Modified Maize) was so aggressively attacked by the biotech operators:
    it was the first study to show the devastating cancer-causing effects of GMOs and glyphosate in rats.
    The immediate pressure that was exerted to engineer a contrived retraction of the study was unprecedented in the history of science (and also one of the most shameful anti-science campaigns in the history of science).

Fortunately, the Seralini team was not to be intimidated, and they found another science journal that republished the study. But consider the consequences to companies like Monsanto is lawyers can begin to argue that cancer cases across the world are being caused by GM corn.

Suddenly you've got the biotech industry in the same position as Big Tobacco in the early 1990's, with law firms lining up to file an endless stream of lawsuits.

Are GMOs "defective products?"
    See, the real kicker here is what happens when GMOs are recognized to be defective products.

In the automobile industry, when a car is defective and causes loss of life, the car manufacturer is liable for the damages. The same is true in the tobacco industry, to an extent.

What happens when GMOs are established in the courts to be defective products that cause harm?

Think about it: GMOs are sold under a collection of false promises that claim that will produce more food, not less. They've been sold with claims that they require fewer chemicals, not more. They've been celebrated as the answer to starvation and a "miracle" technology that will feed the world.

But in the real world, GMO crops are quickly failing. The typical pattern is to see a 1-2 year increase in crop production followed by a sharp drop as the glyphosate kicks in.

Then the superweeds take hold and the farmer is forced to spray with as many as 4-7 different chemical herbicides instead of just one.

Crop production falls, soil health plummets and future yields are compromised. This is the pattern we're seeing with many GM crops, and this doesn't even take into account the long-term health effects on humans.

Will the biotech industry follow in the footsteps of the vaccine industry and lobby Congress for total legal immunity?

Watch for that tactic to be attempted as the biotech industry begins to see signs of growing legal liability.

Whistleblowers and journalists
    Throughout the 1950's, 60's, 70's and 80's, there were countless journalists who were paid off by Big Tobacco to write stories insisting "smoking cigarettes is safe."

Those journalists operated with the same arrogance and indignation as GMO journalists today, but in retrospect all they did was bring shame upon themselves for furthering the destructive scientific dictatorship of the tobacco era.

The most horrifying thought in the minds of today's GMO-fronting journalists is that they, too, will be called out for their role in the massive global harm caused by GMOs.

The day is coming, of course, when the link between BT Corn and cancer tumors can no longer be denied.

The day is coming when glyphosate's systemic destruction of soils and the environment can no longer be covered up. When that day comes, it is important that history remember the names of those who actively participated in furthering that destruction. That's why I suggested the idea in the first place.

It's also true that history will owe GMO skeptics a massive apology in the same way that history owed Big Tobacco whistleblowers an apology. Whistleblowers are always disparaged and vilified for telling the truth or sounding the alarm.

Just look at the endless attacks on heroic truth-tellers like Edward Snowden, Jesse Ventura or David Icke.

In an age of deceit, telling the truth really is a courageous act, and I thank all those anti-GMO activists who continue to tell the truth in our collective fight for protecting life, health and the environment against corporate poisoners and their paid-off shills.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_geneticfood183.htm 

@ oiram @

Genetically modified crops (GMCs, GMO's, GM crops, or biotech crops) - The GM thread + Poll inside 20 Nov 2014 05:19 #12

• GMOGUNK

Genetically modified crops (GMCs, GMO's, GM crops, or biotech crops) - The GM thread + Poll inside 21 Nov 2014 07:50 #13

• novum
    • Platinum Member
    Thanks to everyone for their contributions.

:up:

1365 = 1

User(s) who Liked this post: Orangeaid

Genetically modified crops (GMCs, GMO's, GM crops, or biotech crops) - The GM thread + Poll inside 21 Nov 2014 09:36 #14

• Orangeaid
    • Platinum Member
    Monsanto was founded in St. Louis, Missouri, in 1901, by John Francis Queeny, a 30-year veteran of the pharmaceutical industry. He funded the start-up with his own money and capital from a soft drink distributor, and gave the company his wife's maiden name. His father in law was Emmanuel Mendes de Monsanto, wealthy financier of a sugar company active in Vieques, Puerto Rico and based in St. Thomas in the Danish West Indies. The company's first product was the artificial sweetener saccharin, which it sold to the Coca-Cola Company. It also introduced caffeine and vanillin to Coca-Cola, and became one of that company's main suppliers.[citation needed]

In 1919, Monsanto established its presence in Europe by entering into a partnership with Graesser's Chemical Works at Cefn Mawr near Ruabon, Wales to produce vanillin, salicylic acid, aspirin and later rubber.

In its third decade, the 1920s, Monsanto expanded into basic industrial chemicals like sulfuric acid, and the decade ended with Queeny's son Edgar Monsanto Queeny taking over the company in 1928.

The 1940s saw Monsanto become a leading manufacturer ofplastics, including polystyrene, and synthetic fibers. Since then, it has remained one of the top 10 US chemical companies. Other major products have included the herbicides 2,4,5-T, DDT, and Agent Orange used primarily during the Vietnam War as a defoliant agent (later found to be contaminated during manufacture with highly carcinogenic dioxin), the artificial sweetener aspartame (NutraSweet), bovine somatotropin (bovine growth hormone (BST)), and PCBs.[6] Also in this decade, Monsanto operated the Dayton Project, and later Mound Laboratories in Miamisburg, Ohio, for the Manhattan Project, the development of the first nuclear weapons and, after 1947, the Atomic Energy Commission.

Monsanto began manufacturing DDT in 1944, along with some 15 other companies.[7] This insecticide was much-welcomed in the fight against malaria-transmitting mosquitoes. The use of DDT in the U.S. was banned by Congress in 1972, due in large part to efforts by environmentalists, who persisted in the challenge put forth by Rachel Carson and her book Silent Spring in 1962, which sought to inform the public of the side effects associated with DDT. As the decade ended, Monsanto acquired American Viscose from England's Courtauld family in 1949.

In 1954, Monsanto partnered with German chemical giant Bayer to form Mobay and market polyurethanes in the US.

Monsanto was a pioneer of optoelectronics in the 1970s. In 1968 they became the first company to start mass production of (visible) Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs), using gallium arsenide phosphide. This ushered in the era of solid-state lights. From 1968 to 1970 sales doubled every few months. Their products (discrete LEDs and seven-segment numeric displays) became the standards of industry. The primary markets then were electronic calculators, digital watches, and digital clocks.[8]

In the 1960s and 1970s, Monsanto became one of the most important producers of Agent Orange for US Military operations in Vietnam. Agent Orange caused an immensedamage to health, also for US-soldiers, not at least by genetic modification.[9][10]

In 1980, Monsanto established the Edgar Monsanto Queeny safety award[citation needed] in honor of its former CEO (1928–1960), to encourage accident prevention.

Monsanto scientists became the first to genetically modify a plant cell in 1982. Five years later, Monsanto conducted the first field tests of genetically engineered crops.

Through a process of mergers and spin-offs between 1997 and 2002, Monsanto made a transition from chemical giant to biotech giant. Part of this process involved the 1999 sale by Monsanto of their phenylalanine facilities to Great Lakes Chemical Corporation (GLC) for $125 million. In 2000, GLC sued Monsanto because of a $71 million dollar shortfall in expected sales.
    projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?25949-The-real-truth-about-monsanto

Genetically modified crops (GMCs, GMO's, GM crops, or biotech crops) - The GM thread + Poll inside 26 Nov 2014 03:46 #15

• novum
    • Platinum Member
    Thanks for the info :up:

1365 = 1

Genetically modified crops (GMCs, GMO's, GM crops, or biotech crops) - The GM thread + Poll inside 30 Nov 2014 07:22 #16

• Orangeaid
    • Platinum Member
    Russia Warns Obama: Global War Over “Bee Apocalypse” Coming Very Soon

The shocking minutes relating to President Putin’s meeting this past week with US Secretary of State John Kerry reveal the Russian leaders “extreme outrage” over the Obama regimes continued protection of global seed and plant bio-genetic giants Syngenta and Monsanto in the face of a growing “bee apocalypse” that the Kremlin warns “will most certainly” lead to world war.

According to these minutes, released in the Kremlin today by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment of the Russian Federation (MNRE), Putin was so incensed over the Obama regimes refusal to discuss this grave matter that he refused for three hours to even meet with Kerry, who had travelled to Moscow on a scheduled diplomatic mission, but then relented so as to not cause an even greater rift between these two nations.

At the center of this dispute between Russia and the US, this MNRE report says, is the “undisputed evidence” that a class of neuro-active insecticides chemically related to nicotine, known as neonicotinoids, are destroying our planets bee population, and which if left unchecked could destroy our world’s ability to grow enough food to feed its population.

So grave has this situation become, the MNRE reports, the full European Commission (EC) this past week instituted a two-year precautionary ban (set to begin on 1 December 2013) on these “bee killing” pesticides following the lead of Switzerland, France, Italy, Russia, Slovenia and Ukraine, all of whom had previously banned these most dangerous of genetically altered organisms from being used on the continent.

Two of the most feared neonicotinoids being banned are Actara and Cruiser made by the Swiss global bio-tech seed and pesticide giant Syngenta AG which employs over 26,000 people in over 90 countries and ranks third in total global sales in the commercial agricultural seeds market.

Important to note, this report says, is that Syngenta, along with bio-tech giants Monsanto, Bayer, Dow and DuPont, now control nearly 100% of the global market for genetically modified pesticides, plants and seeds.

Also to note about Syngenta, this report continues, is that in 2012 it was criminally charged in Germany for concealing the fact that its genetically modified corn killed cattle, and settled a class-action lawsuit in the US for $105 million after it was discovered they had contaminated the drinking supply of some 52 million Americans in more than 2,000 water districts with its “gender-bending” herbicide Atrazine.

To how staggeringly frightful this situation is, the MNRE says, can be seen in the report issued this past March by the American Bird Conservancy (ABC) wherein they warned our whole planet is in danger, and as we can, in part, read:

“As part of a study on impacts from the world’s most widely used class of insecticides, nicotine-like chemicals called neonicotinoids, American Bird Conservancy (ABC) has called for a ban on their use as seed treatments and for the suspension of all applications pending an independent review of the products’ effects on birds, terrestrial and aquatic invertebrates, and other wildlife.

“It is clear that these chemicals have the potential to affect entire food chains. The environmental persistence of the neonicotinoids, their propensity for runoff and for groundwater infiltration, and their cumulative and largely irreversible mode of action in invertebrates raise significant environmental concerns,” said Cynthia Palmer, co-author of the report and Pesticides Program Manager for ABC, one of the nation’s leading bird conservation organizations.

ABC commissioned world renowned environmental toxicologist Dr. Pierre Mineau to conduct the research. The 100-page report, “The Impact of the Nation’s Most Widely Used Insecticides on Birds,” reviews 200 studies on neonicotinoids including industry research obtained through the US Freedom of Information Act. The report evaluates the toxicological risk to birds and aquatic systems and includes extensive comparisons with the older pesticides that the neonicotinoids have replaced. The assessment concludes that the neonicotinoids are lethal to birds and to the aquatic systems on which they depend.

“A single corn kernel coated with a neonicotinoid can kill a songbird,” Palmer said. “Even a tiny grain of wheat or canola treated with the oldest neonicotinoid — called imidacloprid — can fatally poison a bird. And as little as 1/10th of a neonicotinoid-coated corn seed per day during egg-laying season is all that is needed to affect reproduction.”

The new report concludes that neonicotinoid contamination levels in both surface- and ground water in the United States and around the world are already beyond the threshold found to kill many aquatic invertebrates.”

Quickly following this damning report, the MRNE says, a large group of group of American beekeepers and environmentalists sued the Obama regime over the continued use of these neonicotinoids stating: “We are taking the EPA to court for its failure to protect bees from pesticides. Despite our best efforts to warn the agency about the problems posed by neonicotinoids, the EPA continued to ignore the clear warning signs of an agricultural system in trouble.”

And to how bad the world’s agricultural system has really become due to these genetically modified plants, pesticides and seeds, this report continues, can be seen by the EC’s proposal this past week, following their ban on neonicotinoids, in which they plan to criminalize nearly all seeds and plants not registered with the European Union, and as we can, in part, read:

“Europe is rushing towards the good ol days circa 1939, 40… A new law proposed by the European Commission would make it illegal to “grow, reproduce or trade” any vegetable seeds that have not been “tested, approved and accepted” by a new EU bureaucracy named the “EU Plant Variety Agency.”

It’s called the Plant Reproductive Material Law, and it attempts to put the government in charge of virtually all plants and seeds. Home gardeners who grow their own plants from non-regulated seeds would be considered criminals under this law.”

This MRNE report points out that even though this EC action may appear draconian, it is nevertheless necessary in order to purge the continent from continued contamination of these genetically bred “seed monstrosities.”

Most perplexing in all of this, the MRNE says, and which led to Putin’s anger at the US, has been the Obama regimes efforts to protect pesticide-producer profits over the catastrophic damaging being done to the environment, and as the Guardian News Service detailed in their 2 May article titled “US rejects EU claim of insecticide as prime reason for bee colony collapse” and which, in part, says:

“The European Union voted this week for a two-year ban on a class of pesticides, known as neonicotinoids, that has been associated with the bees’ collapse. The US government report, in contrast, found multiple causes for the collapse of the honeybees.”

To the “truer” reason for the Obama regimes protection of these bio-tech giants destroying our world, the MRNE says, can be viewed in the report titled “How did Barack Obama become Monsanto’s man in Washington?” and which, in part, says:

“After his victory in the 2008 election, Obama filled key posts with Monsanto people, in federal agencies that wield tremendous force in food issues, the USDA and the FDA: At the USDA, as the director of the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, Roger Beachy, former director of the Monsanto Danforth Center. As deputy commissioner of the FDA, the new food-safety-issues czar, the infamous Michael Taylor, former vice-president for public policy for Monsanto. Taylor had been instrumental in getting approval for Monsanto’s genetically engineered bovine growth hormone.”

Even worse, after Russia suspended the import and use of an Monsanto genetically modified corn following a study suggesting a link to breast cancer and organ damage this past September, the Russia Today News Service reported on the Obama regimes response:

“The US House of Representatives quietly passed a last-minute addition to the Agricultural Appropriations Bill for 2013 last week – including a provision protecting genetically modified seeds from litigation in the face of health risks.

The rider, which is officially known as the Farmer Assurance Provision, has been derided by opponents of biotech lobbying as the “Monsanto Protection Act,” as it would strip federal courts of the authority to immediately halt the planting and sale of genetically modified (GMO) seed crop regardless of any consumer health concerns.

The provision, also decried as a “biotech rider,” should have gone through the Agricultural or Judiciary Committees for review. Instead, no hearings were held, and the piece was evidently unknown to most Democrats (who hold the majority in the Senate) prior to its approval as part of HR 993, the short-term funding bill that was approved to avoid a federal government shutdown."
    worldtruth.tv/russia-warns-obama-global-war-over-bee-apocalypse-coming-very-soon/

Genetically modified crops (GMCs, GMO's, GM crops, or biotech crops) - The GM thread + Poll inside 22 Jan 2015 18:00 #17

• PFIZIPFEI
    • Platinum Member
    • WORDS are my SWORD
    @ Novum and all

Wouldn't it be good to have all GMO threads in this one with the poll?
    And in "HEALTH - SURVIVAL - SELF SUFFICIENCY" instead?

truth-zone.net/forum/health-and-wellbeing/65072-eu-votes-yes-on-gmo-opt-out-for-member-states.html

truth-zone.net/forum/general-discussion/65044-gmo-opt-out.html

truth-zone.net/forum/news-and-current-affairs/64976-the-government-s-drive-to-force-gmos-into-britain-against-the-will-of-the-people-continues.html

truth-zone.net/forum/health-and-wellbeing/63813-dna-from-gmos-can-pass-directly-into-humans.html

truth-zone.net/forum/general-discussion/63112-farmers-abandoning-gmo-seeds-and-the-reason-will-surprise-you.html

truth-zone.net/forum/government-and-authority/63690-oregon-s-gmo-sellout-how-governor-john-kitzhaber-caved-to-corporate-pressure-learn-more-http-www-n...ly-farms-oregon.html

truth-zone.net/forum/news-and-current-affairs/62076-40-tons-of-gmo-crops-torched-hahahahahha.html

truth-zone.net/forum/the-medical-establishment/61698-gmo-flu-vaccine.html

truth-zone.net/forum/health-and-wellbeing/61268-how-to-avoid-food-brands-made-with-genetically-modified-organisms-gmos.html

truth-zone.net/forum/general-discussion/60481-the-gmo-agenda-and-how-to-combat-it.html

truth-zone.net/forum/news-and-current-affairs/61223-peru-says-no-to-genetically-modified-foods-a-10-year-ban-on-gmo-foods-takes-effect-this-week.html

truth-zone.net/forum/general-discussion/61234-genetic-engineering-and-the-gmo-industry-the-corporate-hijacking-of-food-and-agriculture.html

The forum has become very messy due to massive flooding with multiple threads lately ... and GMO is only one example of uncountable.

What do you think?

"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
    because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
    only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
    and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
    where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
    feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
    My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

Genetically modified crops (GMCs, GMO's, GM crops, or biotech crops) - The GM thread + Poll inside 19 Apr 2016 11:15 #18

• novum
    • Platinum Member
    PFIZIPFEI wrote:
    @ Novum and all

Wouldn't it be good to have all GMO threads in this one with the poll?
    And in "HEALTH - SURVIVAL - SELF SUFFICIENCY" instead?

truth-zone.net/forum/health-and-wellbeing/65072-eu-votes-yes-on-gmo-opt-out-for-member-states.html

truth-zone.net/forum/general-discussion/65044-gmo-opt-out.html

truth-zone.net/forum/news-and-current-affairs/64976-the-government-s-drive-to-force-gmos-into-britain-against-the-will-of-the-people-continues.html

truth-zone.net/forum/health-and-wellbeing/63813-dna-from-gmos-can-pass-directly-into-humans.html

truth-zone.net/forum/general-discussion/63112-farmers-abandoning-gmo-seeds-and-the-reason-will-surprise-you.html

truth-zone.net/forum/government-and-authority/63690-oregon-s-gmo-sellout-how-governor-john-kitzhaber-caved-to-corporate-pressure-learn-more-http-www-n...ly-farms-oregon.html

truth-zone.net/forum/news-and-current-affairs/62076-40-tons-of-gmo-crops-torched-hahahahahha.html

truth-zone.net/forum/the-medical-establishment/61698-gmo-flu-vaccine.html

truth-zone.net/forum/health-and-wellbeing/61268-how-to-avoid-food-brands-made-with-genetically-modified-organisms-gmos.html

truth-zone.net/forum/general-discussion/60481-the-gmo-agenda-and-how-to-combat-it.html

truth-zone.net/forum/news-and-current-affairs/61223-peru-says-no-to-genetically-modified-foods-a-10-year-ban-on-gmo-foods-takes-effect-this-week.html

truth-zone.net/forum/general-discussion/61234-genetic-engineering-and-the-gmo-industry-the-corporate-hijacking-of-food-and-agriculture.html

The forum has become very messy due to massive flooding with multiple threads lately ... and GMO is only one example of uncountable.

What do you think?

I see your point but at the same time im ok with multiple threads, one reason being they are all a little bit different and have unique thread titles and content.

Anyway....

:bump:

1365 = 1

Genetically modified crops (GMCs, GMO's, GM crops, or biotech crops) - The GM thread + Poll inside 23 Sep 2016 11:09 #19

• novum
    • Platinum Member

1365 = 1

User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI

Genetically modified crops (GMCs, GMO's, GM crops, or biotech crops) - The GM thread + Poll inside 09 Oct 2016 23:12 #20

• Flare
    Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare