Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Exploding Head Syndrome

Exploding Head Syndrome 17 Jun 2016 02:01 #41

• Ghostie
  • Fresh Member
thanks! :)
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: novum, Flare

Exploding Head Syndrome 17 Jun 2016 02:56 #42

• Flare
Ghostie wrote:
I have had this on and off for a few years now. Still get it but not as bad as it was.

I do have Chiari Malformation for which I had decompression surgery two years ago and also Ehlers Danlos Syndrome although I think its more likely to be more to do with the Chiari Malformation more than the EDS, there are some links between EDS and Chiari Malformation though. I think the Chiari Malformation is caused genetically and the EDS makes it worse.

I do think that these kinds of genetic illnesses are going to be an actual epidemic. I know more people with these than I know that caught and died of bird flu or swine flu combined.

Most of us with these illnesses are basically left to die, theres no cure, very little treatment that will make any difference and they can kill.

I only found out about it about 7 years ago when the shit really hit the fan for me healthwise and then found out my daughter has it. My mother definitely does although not as bad but shes in denial as is my brother who am sure also has it and I also worry about my niece too.

When I initially heard about these illnesses it was supposed to be so rare that only one in every 500,000 people had it but now its more like one in every five thousand although its likely even more common than that and its just underdiagnosed and ignored by the medical profession.

Sorry to hear that for you Ghostie.

Welcome to the forum.

Exploding Head Syndrome 30 Jun 2016 21:17 #43

Sorry cant stop having a little laugh everytime I see the thread title " Exploding Head Syndrome" conjurs up some severe images :hahano:
User(s) who Liked this post: peacenik

Exploding Head Syndrome 17 Aug 2019 20:56 #44

• Gloria
I know this syndrome :umm:
I had it while I had troubles with sleeping ...its an unpleasant feeling but I don´t think it has to do with earphones or mobilephones etc..

:)
explain Love in one word ⭐
User(s) who Liked this post: Flare

Exploding Head Syndrome 01 Sep 2019 14:40 #45

• Truthspoon
  • Silver Member
  • One foot in hyperspace and the other in some dogshit.
This thread for me is just an excuse to promote my favourite band.

Not one of their best tracks but pretty chill when you're driving down the coast and going fast through bendy tunnels......

Which I do twice a day......usually listening to these guys.

If I ever stop posting here you'll know I went too fast down a bendy tunnel while listening to Stereolab.
Last Edit: 01 Sep 2019 14:48 by Truthspoon.
User(s) who Liked this post: novum

Exploding Head Syndrome 08 Dec 2019 17:26 #46

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 72, right winger, Christian, English
I had that for about 40 years (migraines) which started with flashing neon lights in front of my eyes which blanked out one third of my vision, followed by a splitting headache.
Luckily the attacks only happened about every couple of months, and popping a couple of aspirins killed the pain.
But in the last year or two, although I still get the neons, I DON'T GET THE ACCOMPANYING HEADACHE ANY MORE, yeehaw!

The moral?- Migraines do sometimes clear up on their own in time
..:)
Last Edit: 08 Dec 2019 17:27 by Ugh.

Exploding Head Syndrome 17 Dec 2019 10:24 #47

• HotRod
Ugh wrote:
I had that for about 40 years (migraines) which started with flashing neon lights in front of my eyes which blanked out one third of my vision, followed by a splitting headache.
Luckily the attacks only happened about every couple of months, and popping a couple of aspirins killed the pain.
But in the last year or two, although I still get the neons, I DON'T GET THE ACCOMPANYING HEADACHE ANY MORE, yeehaw!

The moral?- Migraines do sometimes clear up on their own in time
..:)
I had this in my early teens. A Granny Smith apple is actually the best cure. The rush of fruit sugar kills the migraine