Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Addiction Cure

Addiction Cure 19 Jan 2016 17:55 #1

• Robert Baird
Cure for Addiction

Sure addictions are a disease now that affluent people are doing more heroin - what?

The use of Methadone has been a veritable boondoggle of immense proportions. The pharmacists sell it out the back door and hook more people on what is actually as bad as Heroin for their health. The Pharmacological industry loved that but now MAYBE there is a reason to cheer for a new drug. I think this drug should be made available for free if it will result in less crimes such as burglary and what people do to keep up with the costs of their addictions. Of course there are important fundamental issues which cause people to take drugs in the first place which need to be addressed in schools - such as Family Violence.

"Drug overdoses now cause more deaths than car crashes, with opioids like Oxycontin killing 44 people a day, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). And treatment protocol for individuals addicted to opioids has largely been methodone, which has addictive qualities itself.

Vivitrol, the first and only non-narcotic treatment of opioid dependence, saw sales grow almost 50% year-over-year last quarter, a statistic that Alkermes (ALKS) CEO Richard Pops says reflects strong demand.

Alternatives like methodone have substituted for illictly acquired opioids in the past, but still have highly addictive qualities. Vivitrol, in a six-month study, showed that after detox, opioid-dependent patients who took Vivitrol and participated in counseling had significantly higher rates of complete abstinence.

Leerink Swann analyst Paul Matteis reiterated the strength of Vivitrol: "We believe the product has significant long-term growth potential as the market still looks underpenetrated -- while recent revenue numbers have impressed, a small percentage of addiction providers are very high prescribers of Vivitrol, offering Alkermes an attractive commercial opportunity to generate broader use over time."

A New York Times article this weekend highlighted the increasing use of heroin among white, affluent families -- a demographic shift that has begun to alter response from government to treat it as a disease instead of a crime."

finance.yahoo.com/news/opioid...211819012.html
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Addiction Cure 19 Jan 2016 20:52 #2

• novum
  • Platinum Member
I had some oxycontin not so long ago to aid with injury pain (legit, doctor subscribed) ..and though im not very succeptable to getting addicted to things as i ultimately dislike being in an altered state for any extended period of time, i can see why it would be so addictive for some, its a hell of a (pharmaceutical) drug.

Never dabbled in the H so dont know about that.
1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352

Addiction Cure 19 Jan 2016 21:01 #3

• Robert Baird
I think I got morphine (an opiod) about 16 years ago for an operation. As I was going under a very ordinary looking nurse seemed like an angel - I may even have proposed marriage.

Addiction Cure 19 Jan 2016 21:42 #4

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Robert Baird wrote:
I think I got morphine (an opiod) about 16 years ago for an operation. As I was going under a very ordinary looking nurse seemed like an angel - I may even have proposed marriage.

Ive had morphine too in the past, was 15 years ago or thereabouts but my memory of it is that it wasnt as good as oxy, though similar.

Oxy is almost like a post orgasm feeling but all over the body. Something like that. TMI i know :chuckle: , but that is how it felt for me.

And since you mentioned it, i thought the nurse was very attractive when on it, i never saw her again, she mightve been ordinary and the opioid said otherwise. :larf:

I can see why hospitals and doctors are so strict with it, they treat it like it is extremely addictive and refrain from administering it as much as possible.

The underworld of course is a different story and everything that can be had, well, can be had for the right price. Same goes for columbias finest and anything else.. border control doesnt apply to everyone and ive known this since i was a teen seeing bikers take buckets of cash to the bank to clean it. :larf:
1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
Last Edit: 19 Jan 2016 22:29 by novum.

Addiction Cure 19 Jan 2016 21:58 #5

• Robert Baird
I have not seen the bikers take the cash to the bank, but I had a partner who ripped my off for about $10 K who was the expert money launderer for them and the Mafia in Canada. His name was Gallant and I later saw a Mafia guy with that name - probably his dad or uncle.

He said RBC was his favorite bank.

Addiction Cure 07 May 2016 09:36 #6

• Straight Shooter
novum wrote:
I had some oxycontin not so long ago to aid with injury pain (legit, doctor subscribed) ..and though im not very succeptable to getting addicted to things as i ultimately dislike being in an altered state for any extended period of time, i can see why it would be so addictive for some, its a hell of a (pharmaceutical) drug.

Never dabbled in the H so dont know about that.