Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 27 Apr 2019 14:36 #21

• Connect Dots
  • Fresh Member
  • 9/11 Truth woke me up.
Connect Dots wrote:
Presently I'm reading a good article by Robert Whitaker dated April 18, 2019: The New Yorker Peers into the Psychiatric Abyss… And Loses Its Nerve.

It is about someone by the name of Laura Delano.

Here is Laura:
Mad in America
Published on Oct 9, 2015

Laura Delano plenary talk "Reclaiming Humanity: Building a Post-Psychiatry, Post Mental Health World" from 2014 UCLA/ISEPP Conference "Transforming Mad Science" in Los Angeles, CA.

"UCLA" stands for University of California at Los Angeles, and "ISEPP" International Society for Ethical Psychology and Psychiatry.
Last Edit: 27 Apr 2019 14:44 by Connect Dots. Reason: Add
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 27 Apr 2019 14:55 #22

• Rocco
  • User is blocked
  • Devil's Advocate
Connect Dots, what's your personal experience with Psychiatry?
You can't fix stupid

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 27 Apr 2019 16:01 #23

• Firestarter
  • Fresh Member
  • The Latin translation for “witch” = MAGA
Robert Whitaker is “controlled” opposition. I was once an active member of the Madinamerica.com forum, but stopped posting when my posts were repeatedly deleted…

There are a lot of ways to look at how wrong psychiatry really is.
Most people want to expose how bad the psychiatric drugs really are, but because they don’t have the persistence to read the “scientific” reports they wind up repeating the conclusions of the likes of Whitaker or Breggin without ever understanding how they work.

Psychiatric drugs have NO positive “long-term” effects whatsoever.
Stopping with psychiatric drugs is associated with withdrawal effects. This is used as an argument to claim that the drugs really work (just look what happens without them!) and this knowledge is used to rig "scientific" studies.

Big pharma claims that “mental disorders” are caused by “chemical imbalances” in the brain. But instead of ever analysing these so-called “chemical imbalances” they sentence innocent victims to “mental disorders” because of their (anti-authorian) behaviour.
Of course psychiatric drugs cause “chemical imbalances” and both physical and psychiatric disease.
Psychiatrist simply prescribe more drugs supposedly to help fight the adverse effects of the drugs: www.lawfulpath.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=734

It’s the DSM panel that’s filled with big pharma employees that invents “mental disorders” that simply get voted into existence.

Because our legal system is completely rigged, innocent victims really don’t stand a chance in a court of law and it takes just one insane “expert” psychiatrist to sentence an innocent victim to forced psychiatric “treatment” (which is actually nothing less than torture).

Another way to look at psychiatry, which is arguably easier as it doesn’t require reading “scientific” reports, is looking into MKULTRA, COINTELPRO and psychiatric treatment of “dissidents” in the Soviet Union of Stalin. Basically the same things are being done in a “cleaner” way.
While ice-pick lobotomies are a thing of the past, modern day antipsychotics are called “chemical lobotomies” by experts.

The best book I’ve read on MKULTRA (with a large portion on psychiatry, including the highly respected Donald Cameron that tortured his victims to create human plants) is John Marks “The Search for the Manchurian Candidate: The CIA and Mind Control” (1979): www.wanttoknow.info/mk/search-manchurian-candidate.pdf
Donald Trump is very cozy with the Rothschild crime syndicate: www.lawfulpath.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1038&start=40#p4587
Last Edit: 27 Apr 2019 16:04 by Firestarter.

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 27 Apr 2019 16:41 #24

• Connect Dots
  • Fresh Member
  • 9/11 Truth woke me up.
Firestarter wrote:
Robert Whitaker is “controlled” opposition. I was once an active member of the Madinamerica.com forum, but stopped posting when my posts were repeatedly deleted…

No, he's not.

Maybe your posts were deleted because you strayed off-topic.

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 27 Apr 2019 16:49 #25

• Connect Dots
  • Fresh Member
  • 9/11 Truth woke me up.
Connect Dots wrote:
Here is Laura. . .

Here is Laura's current work:

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 28 Apr 2019 00:01 #26

• Connect Dots
  • Fresh Member
  • 9/11 Truth woke me up.
Connect Dots wrote: On May 3, 2018 Laura was interviewed about the Inner Compass Initiative and The Withdrawal Project on Mad in America Radio by James Moore:

Click on the above link to listen to the archive.

Here is what was discussed:
Laura’s experiences as a patient in the mental health system, starting treatment at age thirteen and leaving the system behind at age 27.

How she spent much of that time as a compliant patient, taking the medications and following the advice of her doctors.

That, by 2010, she was on 5 medications (Lithium, Abilify, Lamictal, Effexor and Ativan) and had spent the last decade becoming worse and unable to properly engage with life.

How she came to read Anatomy of an Epidemic by Robert Whitaker and that it was a profound moment of realisation.

That Laura decided to take control of her life and became determined to get off the drugs as quickly as possible.

How traumatic it was to come to the realisation that almost everything she had been told during treatment was overly simplistic or incorrect.

That Laura did experience feelings of being a victim of psychiatry but realised that this increased her emotional dependency on psychiatry and that it was necessary to move beyond that to feel free.

That these experiences made Laura passionate about her own process of healing and rediscovering herself and helping others to find their way back to themselves after being psychiatrized.

That as she healed she moved into a space of acceptance and gratitude and felt that the period around three years off the drugs was when she came to feel really alive and motivated again.

That Laura feels that if we are going to move beyond the mental health system, it is about helping people to realise they don’t need the mainstream system and point them to alternatives at a local level and creating physical spaces where people can come together.

How Laura came to co-found The Inner Compass Initiative and The Withdrawal Project which aim to create safe spaces for people to connect and the opportunity to learn about and be guided through the process of getting beyond the mental health system and off psychiatric drugs.

That The Withdrawal Project was highlighted in a recent New York Times article discussing antidepressant withdrawal.

How ICI and TWP present information on many aspects of psychiatric drugs and withdrawal to help guide and inform people who do want to start the journey off their psychiatric drugs and away from the mental health system.

That TWP connect is a free peer-to-peer networking platform that allows people to connect one on one with others who have similar experiences.

How a similar peer-to-peer system is available on ICI to enable conversations about moving beyond the mental health system.

That Laura wants to encourage people not to give up because we do heal from psychiatric drugs and that we need to spread that message far and wide.

The need to both learn and unlearn when approaching how we take back our power and control of our lives after psychiatric treatment.

How important it is to properly prepare before starting to taper from psychiatric drugs and how the Withdrawal Project can enable that preparation.

The ‘speed paradox’ when coming off psychiatric drugs.

How people can find out more about The Inner Compass Initiative and The Withdrawal Project.

That Laura is keen to support local community initiatives to get underway.

www.madinamerica.com/2018/05/laura-delano-connecting-people-inner-compass-initiative/

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 28 Apr 2019 04:58 #27

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 71, right winger, Christian, English
Connect Dots wrote:
In my opinion, politics and religion are off-topic for this thread.
So, I'll not respond to those off-topic posts.

Christianity cures mental illness, and as this is a mental illness thread I'd think it's certainly not off-topic...:)
User(s) who Liked this post: Rocco

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 28 Apr 2019 06:53 #28

• Rocco
  • User is blocked
  • Devil's Advocate
Ugh wrote:
Connect Dots wrote:
In my opinion, politics and religion are off-topic for this thread.
So, I'll not respond to those off-topic posts.

Christianity cures mental illness, and as this is a mental illness thread I'd think it's certainly not off-topic...:)
Christianity is the only cure for mental illness not psychiatry. Psychiatry causes mental illnesses. Many deeply disturbed people nowadays. They don't need Psychiatrists and drugs, they need to go to Church, they need to go on Confession. And Leftists need an Exorcism
You can't fix stupid
User(s) who Liked this post: Ugh

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 28 Apr 2019 08:53 #29

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
Yes, demonic influence certainly plays a part; in scientific terms demons are "parasitic spiritual life forms" that seek to implant themselves in human minds to bend their victims will to their own.
We know someone is hosting a demon because we can hear it speaking through their victims mouth to rubbish Christianity.

Some years ago I dropped into the AOL "Depression and Anxiety" chatroom to see if I could help anybody, but as soon as I asked if any of them had tried Christianity, some of them began shrieking "Don't listen to him, he'll lead you astray, he wants to recruit you to his cult etc etc".
They were rocking and rolling so badly that the AOL host said to me "I'm sorry but I've got to ask you to leave, you see the effect you're having on them", so I said to them, "okay people, email me if you want to talk more", but none of them did.
Whole lotta shakin goin on..:)

"Believe in God, the demons also believe and tremble" (James 2:19)
"We wanted to come to you but Satan stopped us" (1 Thess 2:18 )

Jesus said:- "I cast out devils by the finger of God" (Luke 11:19/20)[/color]

Last Edit: 28 Apr 2019 08:57 by Ugh.

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 28 Apr 2019 09:49 #30

• Connect Dots
  • Fresh Member
  • 9/11 Truth woke me up.
Ugh wrote:
Religion cures mental illness only if the person does not get into the psychiatric system of medication or shock treatments, and only if loving peace of mind is found there.

Turning to medication and/or shock treatment for behaviors caused by the sadness and traumas humans face is the root of the suffering posted about on this thread.

This thread is about the present psychiatric system, which needs to change, and is going to change, thanks to efforts of people such as Robert Whitaker, Dr Peter Breggin, and Laura Delano.
Last Edit: 28 Apr 2019 10:01 by Connect Dots. Reason: Clarify

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 28 Apr 2019 10:16 #31

• Connect Dots
  • Fresh Member
  • 9/11 Truth woke me up.
Connect Dots wrote:
Turning to medication and/or shock treatment for behaviors caused by the sadness and traumas humans face is the root of the suffering posted about on this thread.
A better way is Empathic Therapy:
Peter Breggin MD
Published on Apr 6, 2012

Last Edit: 28 Apr 2019 10:47 by Connect Dots. Reason: Wording

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 28 Apr 2019 10:48 #32

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
Connect Dots wrote:
Religion cures mental illness only if the person does not get into the psychiatric system of medication or shock treatments, and only if loving peace of mind is found there.

This anecdote is worth mentioning-
Some 20 years ago I was helping in a charity shop in High St (Leicester England) and got on great, bantering with the customers; some actually used to say "we only come in when you're here".
One lady customer took me to one side and said "You're very good with people, I'm with the Samaritans and you'd be welcome to join us"
So I replied "Thanks, that'd be great, I'd like to befriend the people who call the Samaritans number"
"Oh no, no" she replied, "We're a LISTENING service only, where people can pour out their troubles to us without us ever meeting face to face, then we simply give then the phone number and addresses of organisations that can help them"
So I said- "In that case I'm sorry but I wouldn't be any use to you, because if, for example, somebody phoned the Samaritans and I answered it, I wouldn't be able to stop myself saying something like 'Meet me in town for a coffee'"
So it fell through and I never became a Samaritan...

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 28 Apr 2019 11:47 #33

• Connect Dots
  • Fresh Member
  • 9/11 Truth woke me up.
Ugh wrote:
So I said- "In that case I'm sorry but I wouldn't be any use to you, because if, for example, somebody phoned the Samaritans and I answered it, I wouldn't be able to stop myself saying something like 'Meet me in town for a coffee'"
So it fell through and I never became a Samaritan...
You're saying that you can relate to the concept of Empathic Therapy for mental patients?

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 28 Apr 2019 11:58 #34

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
Connect Dots wrote:
You're saying that you can relate to the concept of Empathic Therapy for mental patients?

If you mean simply befriending them, yes..:)
PS- in fact I've had several friends with mental problems (male and female) over the years but sadly some of them didn't seem to want to be helped because the impression I got was that they seemed happy in their own little world..
Last Edit: 28 Apr 2019 12:03 by Ugh.
User(s) who Liked this post: Connect Dots

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 28 Apr 2019 12:06 #35

• Connect Dots
  • Fresh Member
  • 9/11 Truth woke me up.
Ugh wrote:
PS- in fact I've had several friends with mental problems (male and female) over the years but sadly some of them didn't seem to want to be helped because the impression I got was that they seemed happy in their own little world..
Were the friends with mental problems on psychiatric drugs?

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 28 Apr 2019 14:28 #36

• Rocco
  • User is blocked
  • Devil's Advocate
I've known a few people in my live who developed psychosis. One thing in their erratic behavior I've noticed was their extreme hostility and wickedness. Which made me come to the conclusion Psychosis is demonic possession
You can't fix stupid

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 28 Apr 2019 14:31 #37

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
Connect Dots wrote:
Ugh wrote:

I don't know, I never asked.
All I know is our friendships quickly petered out, as if voices in their head were telling them to avoid me, so I gave up on them because neither me nor anybody else can help somebody who doesn't want to be helped, and patience is not one of my few virtues, they had their chance..:)
Jesus said:-"If any place will not welcome you or listen to you, shake the dust off your feet when you leave, as a testimony against them" (Mark 6:11)
Last Edit: 28 Apr 2019 14:34 by Ugh.

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 28 Apr 2019 14:52 #38

• Rocco
  • User is blocked
  • Devil's Advocate
Ugh wrote:
Connect Dots wrote:
Ugh wrote:

I don't know, I never asked.
All I know is our friendships quickly petered out, as if voices in their head were telling them to avoid me, so I gave up on them because neither me nor anybody else can help somebody who doesn't want to be helped, and patience is not one of my few virtues, they had their chance..:)
Jesus said:-"If any place will not welcome you or listen to you, shake the dust off your feet when you leave, as a testimony against them" (Mark 6:11)
The Demons told them to avoid you because you can see them. I had the same experience
You can't fix stupid

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 28 Apr 2019 15:34 #39

• Connect Dots
  • Fresh Member
  • 9/11 Truth woke me up.
Rocco wrote:
I've known a few people in my live who developed psychosis. One thing in their erratic behavior I've noticed was their extreme hostility and wickedness. Which made me come to the conclusion Psychosis is demonic possession
Extreme fear and anxiety from life experiences of trauma or psychological abuse from family members in childhood and/or adolescence can seem like demons.

Add to that toxic psychiatric drugs and one is living a nightmare.
Ugh wrote:
One thing your friends with mental problems don’t need is proselytizing about your religion.

People need to find their own spiritual path.

What you can offer, but only if you're so inclined, is kindness and a listening ear, without judgment.

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 28 Apr 2019 15:42 #40

• Firestarter
  • Fresh Member
  • The Latin translation for “witch” = MAGA
Connect Dots wrote:
Firestarter wrote:

No, he's not.

Maybe your posts were deleted because you strayed off-topic.
Most certainly my posts weren't "off topic".

As you don't "understand" much about psychiatry and have probably never even tried to read a "scientific" report on all of these very damaging psychiatric drugs, you are just copying the arguments of reporters like Whitaker that will only expose part of the ugly truth on psychiatry.

And then defending this scumbag that give us the impression of "freedom of speech"...
Donald Trump is very cozy with the Rothschild crime syndicate: www.lawfulpath.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1038&start=40#p4587
Last Edit: 28 Apr 2019 15:42 by Firestarter.
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare