Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 28 Apr 2019 16:02 #41

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 71, right winger, Christian, English
Rocco wrote:
The Demons told them to avoid you because you can see them. I had the same experience

Yes, demons are terrified of Christians, for example they used to go ballistic when they saw Jesus coming and shrieked through their victims mouth-
"Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God" (Mark 1:24)

True anecdote- Some 25 years ago I was walking in town with a Christian evangelist and we bumped into a middleaged woman who he knew, so they started chatting pleasantly and he said to her "I went to Emmanuel church this morning".
Her face turned white as a sheet and her eyes bulged in terror and she quickly replied "I've got to go", and hurried off without a word of goodbye.
He explained to me that he knew she'd had mental problems for some time, so we speculated that the word 'Emmanuel' (which translates as "God is with us") had struck fear into her demons who then whispered in her ear "Walk off quickly", so she did so instead of resisting them, and they tightened their grip on her-
"Don't give the devil a foothold" (Ephesians 4:27)
"Resist the devil and he'll flee from you" (James 4:7)
Last Edit: 28 Apr 2019 16:06 by Ugh.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 28 Apr 2019 16:46 #42

• Connect Dots
  • Fresh Member
  • 9/11 Truth woke me up.
Firestarter wrote:
. . . only expose part of the ugly truth on psychiatry.
You're accusing someone of being "controlled opposition."

Briefly summarize what the missing piece is that proves he is a dis-info agent in his journalism.

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 28 Apr 2019 17:01 #43

• Rocco
  • User is blocked
  • Devil's Advocate
Connect Dots wrote:
Rocco wrote:
I've known a few people in my live who developed psychosis. One thing in their erratic behavior I've noticed was their extreme hostility and wickedness. Which made me come to the conclusion Psychosis is demonic possession
Extreme fear and anxiety from life experiences of trauma or psychological abuse from family members in childhood and/or adolescence can seem like demons.

Add to that toxic psychiatric drugs and one is living a nightmare.
Ugh wrote:
All I know is our friendships quickly petered out, as if voices in their head were telling them to avoid me, so I gave up on them because neither me nor anybody else can help somebody who doesn't want to be helped, and patience is not one of my few virtues, they had their chance..:)
Jesus said:-"If any place will not welcome you or listen to you, shake the dust off your feet when you leave, as a testimony against them" (Mark 6:11)
One thing your friends with mental problems don’t need is proselytizing about your religion.

People need to find their own spiritual path.

What you can offer, but only if you're so inclined, is kindness and a listening ear, without judgment.
With "extreme hostility and wickedness" I mean just being horrible nasty cunts who deserve a good beating
Nothing to do with religion, it never came up. But in my opinion, these people need an exorcist, not a psychiatrist or drugs
You can't fix stupid

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 28 Apr 2019 19:12 #44

• Connect Dots
  • Fresh Member
  • 9/11 Truth woke me up.
Rocco wrote:
With "extreme hostility and wickedness" I mean just being horrible nasty cunts who deserve a good beating
Nothing to do with religion, it never came up. But in my opinion, these people need an exorcist, not a psychiatrist or drugs
No one deserves a good beating.

I disagree about needing an exorcist.

Essentially what all people need, basically, is love.

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 28 Apr 2019 19:30 #45

• Rocco
  • User is blocked
  • Devil's Advocate
Connect Dots wrote:
Rocco wrote:

Yes, we all need love, hard love is what some people need. And some people need a loving beating just like an unruly child needs
Anyway, I've known a few people who developed psychotic episodes. They weren't nice and friendly when they had a psychotic episode, they where downright nasty and hostile. I think this is a common theme with psychosis. I wonder why? And I wonder why many people (you included) choose to ignore this (doesn't fit your narrative)?
You can't fix stupid
Last Edit: 28 Apr 2019 19:37 by Rocco.

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 28 Apr 2019 20:26 #46

• Connect Dots
  • Fresh Member
  • 9/11 Truth woke me up.
Rocco wrote:
And some people need a loving beating just like an unruly child needs
That is a fallacy of reason.

You clearly have no interest in quality mental health care.

And what you're trying to do, apparently, is shove this thread into something you are interested in, as in your narrative about things you believe but have nothing to do with the title of the thread or the opening post.

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 28 Apr 2019 20:31 #47

• Rocco
  • User is blocked
  • Devil's Advocate
Connect Dots wrote:
Rocco wrote:
And some people need a loving beating just like an unruly child needs
That is a fallacy of reason.

You clearly have no interest in quality mental health care.

And what you're trying to do, apparently, is shove this thread into something you are interested in, as in your narrative about things you believe but have nothing to do with the title of the thread or the opening post.
Only because you're dodging my questions. But whatever. Good luck healing the world with your love (maybe they have a job for you at the rapefugee center)

At least I'm not the one in need of mental health care
You can't fix stupid

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 29 Apr 2019 06:04 #48

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
Connect Dots wrote:

1- Strange as it may seem, some people actually DESIRE AND WANT TO HAVE a beating, not necessarily physically, but verbally.
I remember a while back one group in the 'Alternative Communities Handbook' described themselves as a 'Primal Therapy Centre' and their advertising blurb said- "You'll be bullied, shouted at and pushed around a lot, but you'll also be loved".
So if being shouted at helps snap them out of whatever's troubling them, it must be okay.
In fact I think that's why people with psychological problems sign up for TV shows like "SAS: Who Dares Wins" because they WANT the DS staff (below) to give them a good shouting at so that the staff's toughness will rub off on them-
"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another" (Bible:Proverbs 7:17)

2- Regarding exorcism, perhaps being shouted at IS a form of exorcism to help somebody face up to their demons.

3- Love is fine up to a point, but if we overdo the mollycoddling and nannying it might make them even worse, so a good balance is required.
Last Edit: 29 Apr 2019 06:07 by Ugh.

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 29 Apr 2019 06:27 #49

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
Another anecdote-
My solicitor sent me to a psychiatrist in 2002 when I was aged 53 in connection with a vigilante charge I was facing (I got 3 months jail but that's another story), no doubt he was hoping to get me off on a "guilty but insane" plea..:)
The psychiatrist was a pleasant youngish Asian/Indian chap in a neat dark blue suit and tie, and he interviewed me in a bright and breezy room in a local hospital's psychiatric wing (no couch, we simply sat facing each other in chairs) and he asked me a series of chatty questions for about half an hour and scribbled things down in his notebook, then we said goodbye, "I'll send my report to your solicitor in due course" he said with a smile.
Later my solicitor gave me a copy of the report and it concluded with- "Mr X is a very strongwilled individual which would account for the trouble he now finds himself in with the police, but his conduct throughout our interview was appropriate at all times and I can find no grounds to suggest that he committed the offence while under mental duress".

PS- As I mentioned, the "interview" was more of a pleasant chat than anything else to gain an insight into my character, but towards the end without warning like a bolt from the blue he casually asked "Do you masturbate?"
I went bright red in the face, broke out in a sweat, fidgeted uncomfortably in my chair and then stammered with embarassment- "Er..well yes, sometimes, just like everybody else", and he scribbled something down.
I often wonder what he'd have scribbled if I'd lied and said "No, never".
.:)
Last Edit: 29 Apr 2019 06:34 by Ugh.

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 29 Apr 2019 07:42 #50

• Gaia
  • Gold Member
Connect Dots wrote:
Rocco wrote:

Good luck in jail.
The Only Limit is Your Own Imagination
A truth seeker is someone who dares to wade through thick series of toxic smoke screens and tries not to inhale - Gaia
"What do you call 'genius'?" "Well, seeing things others don't see. Or rather the invisible links between things."
- Vladimir Nabokov (1938)
"The silence of conspiracy. Slaughtered on the altar of apathy." - Lords of the New Church (1982)

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 29 Apr 2019 10:58 #51

• Connect Dots
  • Fresh Member
  • 9/11 Truth woke me up.
Connect Dots wrote:
A better way is Empathic Therapy . . .

As opposed to the present paradigm, because it is based on the bogus "biochemical imbalance" that erroneously puts people on harmful psychiatric drugs, we need a system that treats the patient as a human being who needs help dealing with life.
What Is “Empathic Therapy”?

Empathy recognizes, welcomes and treasures the individuality, personhood, identity, spirit or soul of the other human being in all its shared and unique aspects.

Empathic therapies offer a caring, understanding and empowering attitude toward the individual’s emotional struggles, aspirations and personal growth. They promote the individual’s inherent human rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. They respect the autonomy, personal responsibility and freedom of the person. They encourage the individual to grow in self-appreciation as well as in the ability to respect, love and empathize with others.

A broad spectrum of therapeutic and educational approaches can draw upon and express empathy; but conventional psychiatric diagnosis, psychiatric medication, electroshock and involuntary treatment suppress the individuality and the empathic potential of both the provider and the recipient. Empathy lies at the heart of the best therapeutic and educational approaches.

Peter R. Breggin, MD
July 8, 2010

www.empathictherapy.org/What-Is-Empathic-Therapy-.html

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 29 Apr 2019 12:53 #52

• Connect Dots
  • Fresh Member
  • 9/11 Truth woke me up.
Connect Dots wrote:
Listen to Robert Whitaker talk about the rationale for the movement and website Mad in America. . .
Connect Dots wrote:
Toxic Psychiatry and Your Drug May be Your Problem are by Dr. Peter Breggin, whose work is the subject of another thread. He is a courageous campaigner for change in the mental health system.

Dr. Breggin writes articles for Mad in America.

In this article, he talks about how he gained his perspective on psychiatry:
. . . in 1954 when I was an eighteen-year-old college freshman at Harvard . . . a friend invited me to join him as a volunteer on the wards of Metropolitan State Hospital. I was majoring in American History and Literature, with little thought of becoming a psychologist and no thought whatsoever of being a medical doctor and a psychiatrist.

The wretchedly stifling living conditions inflicted upon the state hospital inmates were appalling. As I began to spend increasing hours on the wards, my innocent eyes saw that the poisonous drugs, electroshock and lobotomy were doing far more harm than good. Instead, the so-called patients needed something that was nearly absent—caring relationships. The inmates begged us volunteers for our attention and they responded warmly to any that we offered.

Our Harvard-Radcliffe volunteer program created a special project in which a dozen of us students showed that, with a little supervision from a skilled social worker, we could actually help many of the most hopeless patients regain strength and hope, so that nearly all of them could leave the hospital. As I described in Toxic Psychiatry, the ongoing volunteer program gave stunning results and received national publicity. The program continued for many years after I graduated Harvard but eventually fell before the onslaught of biological psychiatry whose basic ideology it so thoroughly undermined and discredited. . .

www.madinamerica.com/2015/02/personal-journey-upcoming-empathic-therapy-conference/
Dr. Breggin knows what he knows by direct experience, the best way to learn anything.
Last Edit: 29 Apr 2019 12:58 by Connect Dots. Reason: Punctuation

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 29 Apr 2019 13:31 #53

• Connect Dots
  • Fresh Member
  • 9/11 Truth woke me up.
TED
Published on Aug 8, 2013

To all appearances, Eleanor Longden was just like every other student, heading to college full of promise and without a care in the world. That was until the voices in her head started talking. Initially innocuous, these internal narrators became increasingly antagonistic and dictatorial, turning her life into a living nightmare. Diagnosed with schizophrenia, hospitalized, drugged, Longden was discarded by a system that didn't know how to help her. Longden tells the moving tale of her years-long journey back to mental health, and makes the case that it was through learning to listen to her voices that she was able to survive.

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 29 Apr 2019 14:08 #54

• Connect Dots
  • Fresh Member
  • 9/11 Truth woke me up.
I'm learning that hearing voices, which is associated with "schizophrenia," is actually your soul talking to you.

People are waking up to this.

Apparently there is an International Hearing Voices Movement that has been going on for 20 years.

Description

We seek to enable voice hearers troubled by their experience to change their relationship and attitude to their voices and to take up their lives again. We also want to ensure that our innovatory approach is better known by professionals, family members and friends. We have spent the last 20 years trying to better understand why some people can cope with the experience and others can't. We have discovered that those people who are not able to cope with their voices, on the whole have not been able to cope with the traumatic events that lay at the roots of their voice hearing experience. Many voices can be unthreatening and even positive.

"It's wrong to turn this into a shameful problem that people either feel they have to deny or to take medication to suppress." - Professor Marius Romme

www.youtube.com/user/v01ce5000/about
Last Edit: 29 Apr 2019 14:09 by Connect Dots. Reason: Typo

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 29 Apr 2019 15:51 #55

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
Connect Dots wrote:
I'm learning that hearing voices, which is associated with "schizophrenia," is actually your soul talking to you.
People are waking up to this.
Apparently there is an International Hearing Voices Movement that has been going on for 20 years..

I've heard that the voices often try to belittle the victim, telling him/her that he/she's "useless", a "failure", "no good" etc etc.
But other voices will do just the opposite, telling the victim how great and wonderful he/she is, in an effort to worm their way into his/her mind.
I like what Russell Crowe's schizophrenic character John Nash says about his "voices and visions" at the end of 'A beautiful Mind'-
"I still see things that are not here. I just choose not to acknowledge them."

So simply ignoring them is the best way to go
..:)

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 29 Apr 2019 17:02 #56

• Firestarter
  • Fresh Member
  • The Latin translation for “witch” = MAGA
Connect Dots wrote:
Firestarter wrote:
. . . only expose part of the ugly truth on psychiatry.
You're accusing someone of being "controlled opposition."

Briefly summarize what the missing piece is that proves he is a dis-info agent in his journalism.
I've already given you a brief summary of psychiatry with links to a book and a long thread with information on psychiatry I've compiled; most of it is missing from Whitaker's censored "criticism" of psychiatry (it also includes links to information from Whitaker and Madinamerica.com though).

My posts on "his" forum were for some reason deleted.
They were certainly not off topic but in my opinion included damaging information that the likes of Whitaker want to bury.

Whitaker with his strong media presence could blow the lid right off psychiatry that effectively tortures innocent victims but instead comes with the kind of censored stories that never expose the whole dirty scandal of psychiatry...
Donald Trump is very cozy with the Rothschild crime syndicate: www.lawfulpath.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1038&start=40#p4587
Last Edit: 29 Apr 2019 17:03 by Firestarter.

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 29 Apr 2019 17:13 #57

• Connect Dots
  • Fresh Member
  • 9/11 Truth woke me up.
Firestarter wrote:
I've already given you a brief summary of psychiatry with links to a book and a long thread with information on psychiatry I've compiled; most of it is missing from Whitaker's censored "criticism" of psychiatry (it also includes links to information from Whitaker and Madinamerica.com though).

My posts on "his" forum were for some reason deleted.
They were certainly not off topic but in my opinion included damaging information that the likes of Whitaker want to bury.

Whitaker with his strong media presence could blow the lid right off psychiatry that effectively tortures innocent victims but instead comes with the kind of censored stories that never expose the whole dirty scandal of psychiatry...

You're talking about the CIA's MKULTRA and trauma based mind control, carried out by psychiatrists?

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 29 Apr 2019 18:07 #58

• Connect Dots
  • Fresh Member
  • 9/11 Truth woke me up.
We should be calling psychiatric drugs “neurotoxins,” because that’s what they are:
What Should We Really Call Psychiatric Drugs?

By Peter Breggin, MD
January 17, 2018

There is a single scientific term that most appropriately describes psychiatric drugs. Not long ago, I used it in court on several occasions during my testimony to explain why psychiatric drugs can have such disastrous effects on the brain, mind, and behavior.
My use of the term angered experts on the other side who declared, in effect, “if you search the scientific literature, only Dr. Breggin uses that word to describe psychiatric drugs.” In fact, there is a long tradition of using the dread word that has been largely expunged from the official psychiatric literature but remains alive in research and at times pops up in the clinical literature.

The dread word, which I urge everyone to start using on a regular basis, is neurotoxin. The word “neurotoxin” so unhinges my colleagues because it is a true descriptor for every psychiatric chemical and because it opens the door to an honest analysis of how these poisons impact on the human brain and mental life.

. . . The biochemical aim of all psychiatric drugs is disruption of normal neurotransmission in the brain. The first great psychiatric researchers, Delay and Deniker, knew this and openly discussed the neurotoxic effects of the drugs that started the revolution in psychiatry in the 1950s, including Thorazine (chlorpromazine) and Haldol (haloperidol). . .

www.madinamerica.com/2018/01/what-really-call-psychiatric-drugs/
It makes sense that what we don't want to do is disrupt normal neurotransmission in the brain.

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 29 Apr 2019 20:38 #59

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
Never forget, THE INTERNET IS THE BEST DOCTOR / PSYCHIATRIST IN TOWN because we can look up and research all our ailments and discuss them with fellow sufferers and compare notes etc, and end up knowing more about our conditions than the professionals, and keep tabs on whether they're describing and diagnosing us properly..:)
Last Edit: 29 Apr 2019 20:38 by Ugh.

Rethinking the Current Paradigm of Psychiatric Care 29 Apr 2019 22:39 #60

• Connect Dots
  • Fresh Member
  • 9/11 Truth woke me up.
Ugh wrote:
Never forget, THE INTERNET IS THE BEST DOCTOR / PSYCHIATRIST IN TOWN because we can look up and research all our ailments and discuss them with fellow sufferers and compare notes etc, and end up knowing more about our conditions than the professionals, and keep tabs on whether they're describing and diagnosing us properly..:)
I think even the concept of diagnosing mental patients and giving them a label has to change.

The focus needs to shift to facilitating the patient's self-understanding of the underlying fears and anxieties that cause unproductive behaviors in the first place.

For sure, convenient grassroots sharing among troubled individuals made possible by the internet is an absolute God-send, and it's going to help change the paradigm.
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare