Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: God Wanted (Dead or Alive)

God Wanted (Dead or Alive) 07 Feb 2016 17:04 #21

• bd
  • Silver Member
  • bikerdruid
Cousin_Frothy wrote:

there's a huge difference between political ideology and religion.

Religions have a variety but the three biggest being Jewish, Christian, Islamic,,

1. religious and political ideologies are very similar in their effect upon people.
2. "jewish" is not a large religion, just very powerful. there are only about 13 million jews in the world.
"From each according to his ability, to each according to his need."
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

God Wanted (Dead or Alive) 07 Feb 2016 17:21 #22

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
GMP wrote:
Cousin_Frothy wrote:
I'm stating that one can make their political choice from the political variety using something other than ''blind faith'' I gave the example in my last post already.

Practical social solutions can be viewed as working models in other nations, so an informed choice can be sourced prior to a vote or opinion being cast.

Religious choice is ''blind faith''.

For example if a group of 100 people go and live in a previously uninhabited island some natural leaders may come forth, they can present their ideas and people can decide from the political variety which form they would prefer by using all the working models elsewhere on Earth as possible choices.

If a religion is decided upon, it's not like they can go to heaven and ask for god's preference, there is no heavenly model available to view.

Your point about religious ''blind faith'' being little different than political variety is therefore simply wrong, as religion is based on blind faith and politics is often based on models that are already in use elsewhere. So the only required faith for politics is often in the ability to implement rather than the belief in the existence.

Eyes open vs eyes shut. There's a huge difference.
I can see where you are coming from and don't disagree in some instances.
Somebody chooses to vote in a particular way based on the partys past performance. That's an informed political act and not blind faith.
On the other hand you find political actions that are blind faith for example in systems where the 'dear leader' can do no weong as far as his followers ( the 'voters' ) are concerned. North Korea comes to mind.
Also political systems where the voters are so hoodwinked by the political elite that they vote for the system even though the system is screwing them over. I can't see that as being much different from a religion where the priesthood is poncing off the back of the 'faithful'.

People get lied to, brainwashed and forced to do things that they disagree with in many aspects of life, they are indeed often conned and cheated, they sometimes commit to a political idea that they think is fair and that suits them, sometimes they are let down, though as I say, that's about the implementation not being fulfilled as per the manifesto, rather than the concept within the manifesto being based on pure belief.

ie I agree to do something for you if you vote for me, you vote, I don't do what I said I would, you feel cheated and let down but what I said I would do would have been realistic and plausible, I simply did not implement it, or implemented it poorly.

Some people are heavily into politics and are passionate about the leaders etc, though they can see them, they are real, what they often present in speeches is realistic but perhaps they are being a bit sales person like with the pitch.

The people of North Korea are a bit like the Germans during and prior to WW2 when they were adoring their leader, in that aspect it is a quite like a cult religion where their leader is one person who is offering them some type of wonderful life and the propaganda system usually kicks in, yet even in that, they can see the leader and the policies being implemented, and they have been brain washed into supporting it all, so it's unity behind the leader.

But at least it is there and real, even if some of it is a con or a brain wash, whist with religion there is nothing there except sense of community in worship, there are not many prayers that are being answered, war, death, illness, crime, all exist regardless of religion or prayer.

At least the leader of North Korea, or in fact Hitler was doing some of the things that was is their speeches and manifestos. God ain't living up to the holy manifesto in the books :sadno:
Once a hyena always a hyena.
User(s) who Liked this post: GMP

God Wanted (Dead or Alive) 07 Feb 2016 17:35 #23

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
bd wrote:
Cousin_Frothy wrote:

there's a huge difference between political ideology and religion.

Religions have a variety but the three biggest being Jewish, Christian, Islamic,,

1. religious and political ideologies are very similar in their effect upon people.
2. "jewish" is not a large religion, just very powerful. there are only about 13 million jews in the world.

Yes well I didn't mean large as in number of participants rather impact.
Religions and politics may have similar affects on people but people are able to see the outcomes of politics demonstrated whist with religion they are using pure belief that any outcomes are acts of god.

To the point that quite a few believe that deaths are acts of god, perhaps a landslide cause people to die and god did that as some type of punishment, yet the geologist had been digging the area and perhaps warned of the potential for a land slide due to his observations but the government took no action.

Instead of seeing bad in their government they look to their holy book manifesto and conclude that god did it. They simply brush the rest of the evidence away, at least a political ideology can be criticised, even people in the party can criticise the direction but what religious person will ever criticise their god?
User(s) who Liked this post: bd

God Wanted (Dead or Alive) 08 Feb 2016 02:50 #24

• Foxy
See the dignitaries, kings, queens ect bow to pope & kiss that ring? 1 billion sheep? The same leaderships cow to rabbis & Wailing (Satan's) wall? Whos else carries that kind of weight around? Right. BOTH are luciferian. The CHOICE is for each of you to take one, the other or neither. The results today in the wars/drugs/violence/usury is plain to see whose leading mankind to ruin. Fools.

God Wanted (Dead or Alive) 08 Feb 2016 08:54 #25

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
Satan does not exist as in a being, or a being to worship, it's another fairy tale, it has been made up by the churches to provide a bogeyman.
Satan (n.) Look up Satan at Dictionary.com
proper name of the supreme evil spirit in Christianity, Old English Satan, from Late Latin Satan (in Vulgate in Old Testament only), from Greek Satanas, from Hebrew satan "adversary, one who plots against another," from satan "to show enmity to, oppose, plot against," from root s-t-n "one who opposes, obstructs, or acts as an adversary."

In Septuagint (Greek) usually translated as diabolos "slanderer," literally "one who throws (something) across" the path of another (see devil (n.)), though epiboulos "plotter" is used once.
In biblical sources the Hebrew term the satan describes an adversarial role. It is not the name of a particular character. Although Hebrew storytellers as early as the sixth century B.C.E. occasionally introduced a supernatural character whom they called the satan, what they meant was any one of the angels sent by God for the specific purpose of blocking or obstructing human activity. [Elaine Pagels, "The Origin of Satan," 1995]
www.etymonline.com/index.php?allowed_in_frame=0&search=satan

In short Satan would be an imaginary character that has been sent by the imaginary god to stop humans doing something - Translation, we the church, the religious leaders want to stop people from doing xyz, so we'll present a narrative that Satan is coming to get you if you DO NOT OBEY.

God, Satan, Jesus, Muhammad, Noah etc don't exist, have never existed, it's a fairy tale which is upheld by tptb to control people.
Last Edit: 08 Feb 2016 08:59 by Frothy.

God Wanted (Dead or Alive) 08 Feb 2016 14:59 #26

• GMP
  • Silver Member
Jesus and Mohammed possibly did exist but you're right that the myths that were spun about them after they died were all about religious dudes wanting power. My call, and it's only a guess; I don't know. Jesus was some sort of radical rabbi who got kicked out of the Essenes and Mo was some sort of warlord.
Satan/ Lucifer/ Boogie Man etc etc.. Those are just fairy stories told by priesthoods to keep the faithful afraid, in line and donating money to the cause.
That cause is "keeping the priesthood/religoius leadership in well paid comfy jobs with no heavy lifting involved."
The leadership comes up with some scary boogie man type dude and then puts it about that only they have the power to keep the faithful out of said boogie-man's clutches.
Total BS and anybody who believes in that shit is a mug IMO.
:)
Last Edit: 08 Feb 2016 15:03 by GMP.
User(s) who Liked this post: bd

God Wanted (Dead or Alive) 08 Feb 2016 23:44 #27

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
God only speaks Arabic and to an illiterate man roaming in the desert = Muhammad.

As for Jesus, one thing that brings a big question over the NT is Luke, Luke is lurking at:

- Elizabeth's home when the baby (Johnny B Headless) ''jumps in her womb'' when her relation Mary (Jesus's mammy who is impregnated by god who's son is himself) states that she is preggers, wtf is Luke doing there, eavesdropping? And how did the unborn Johnny B Headless pick up on their language? Perhaps he was born speaking fluent Judean :facepalm:

- Jesus's birth telling us all what the shepherds and wise men were doing.

- listening to Jesus when he impresses priests at age 12.

Jesus was not even known to be the ''son of god'' until after his baptism by his cousin Johnny B Headless at the age of 30, so why the fuck is Luke stalking Jesus prior to his birth, at his birth, has witnessed all concerned and hangs around listening to Jesus age 12, when he's not presented as the messiah or the son of god, or anyone in particular until he's thirty years old?

The narrative that Luke is taking an interest in Jesus as if he's narrating the story, it's as if the story teller is the witness but Luke had no reason to stalk Jesus until after his baptism at the age of thirty when he is revealed as ''god's son''.

So this prior knowledge of Luke, even before Jesus was born has no validation, the only plausible answer is that Luke was Jesus's father, and thus he lurked, Johnny B Headless also had the ''angel Gabriel appear'' prior to his birth to his father Zach, and the angel said something like ''your wife (Elizabeth) will bear child'' (same narrative).

The chances are that Luke shagged both Mary and Lizzy and when they got preggers (because their hubbies had low sperm counts) the narrative was it's god doing it, because the children would not resemble their mothers husbands.

In short Luke is pretending to be god, he was providing a baby giving service but to keep it hush hush from a potentially raging society the babies were presented as some type of holy conception. Don't forget it was Johnny B Headless who baptised his cuz JC, so simply exchange all the god talk in the NT for Luke's shag bag activity alibis, and all the Jesus/Johnny B Headless crap as a self defence mechanism.

That's the only plausible narrative that supports Lurking Luke, the rest of the witnesses were pretty much Johnny B's mob.

lol no wonder the rest of the Jews didn't like that set up :larf:
Last Edit: 10 Feb 2016 08:38 by Frothy.

God Wanted (Dead or Alive) 10 Feb 2016 01:31 #28

• Foxy
What is Tim O' Tool's take on God & faith? :larf: Besides a 'wheel' & flag........
  • Page:
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare