Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Private Gun Ownership saves lives

Private Gun Ownership saves lives 14 Mar 2016 23:52 #1

• novum
  • Platinum Member
A customer with a concealed carry permit shot and killed a masked man wielding a machete

Machete-swinging attacker shot and killed by customer at 7-11
POSTED 10:35 AM, MARCH 13, 2016,

WHITE CENTER, Wash. — A customer with a concealed carry permit shot and killed a masked man wielding a machete inside a convenience store Sunday morning, according to investigators.

The King County Sheriff’s Office was called to a 7-11 on 8th Avenue South in White Center at 5:45 a.m.

The store clerk says the masked man entered the store and immediately started swinging a machete toward a customer — then he turned his sights on the clerk.

Witnesses told deputies the attacker stayed silent during the entire ordeal.

The clerk suffered minor injuries to his stomach, but before more damage could be done, the customer fired his pistol and hit the suspect.

Medics arrived shortly after and he was pronounced dead at the scene.

The King County Sheriff’s investigators say the customer who shot the man appears to have done nothing wrong, and they are happy he was there to intervene.

“Fortunately, because of this customer with his weapon, this could have been a lot worse,” said King County Sheriff’s Sergeant Cindi West.

“The clerk could be the one laying there dead on the floor right now.”

The 7-11 clerk says the customer is a regular at the store and visits it daily.

Investigators describe the area as a quiet neighborhood and said this was the first violent incident at the store in recent memory.

The King County Medical Examiner’s will determine the official cause of death and release the man’s identity at a later date.

q13fox.com/2016/03/13/machete-swinging-attacker-shot-and-killed-by-customer-at-7-11/
1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Lizzy

Private Gun Ownership saves lives 14 Mar 2016 23:55 #2

• novum
  • Platinum Member
FOUR CONCEALED HANDGUN PERMIT HOLDERS USE THEIR GUNS TO STOP VIOLENT CRIMES IN THE LAST WEEK

19 DEC , 2015

Calumet City, Illinois, December 17, 2015

A Calumet City resident prevented a gunmen from robbing him by pulling out his gun and firing it at the would-be robber, Midlothian police reported.

The 68-year-old man, who has a concealed-carry gun permit, told police that a man tried to rob him and his 9-year-old son Dec. 5 in the 3300 block of 147th Street.

A witness said he heard people arguing outside, heard four or five gunshots and saw a man running through back yards heading south on Turner Avenue, according to police.

Salt Lake City, Utah, December 15, 2015

He “produced a firearm, pointing it at the EMT first responders,” Jensen wrote.

Hunt [an EMT], who has a concealed firearms license, was carrying a gun.

“Logan City detectives and State Crime Lab technicians are still piecing together the sequence of events,” Jensen wrote, “but it is believed there was an exchange of gunfire, followed by a rapid retreat of all personnel to positions of cover.” . . .

Houston, Texas, December 14, 2015

. . . It was the end to a night out that a group of people and then men who tried to rob them never expected.

“He plugged him, boom, boom, in the chest,” said one of the four victims, who did not want to give his name.

The man said he, his brother and two women were about to leave a parking lot near the bars along Washington Avenue and Jackson Hill just after 2 a.m. when two men with handguns walked up to their car.

“He said ‘Hey, give me your money,’” recalled the victim. “Well, I don’t carry cash, I just have a card. So I put up my card and my ID, and I was like, ‘Hey man this is all I have.’”

When the suspect slapped the items out of his hand, the victim says his brother got out of the car and shot the would-be robber twice in the chest.

Evanston, Ohio, December 11, 2015

Cincinnati police said a robbery victim fought back by shooting and killing his 16-year-old assailant late Thursday.

Officers responded to Jonathan Avenue near Fernside Place near Walnut Hills High School about 11:30 p.m. after receiving a report of a shooting, said Captain Russ Neville, the night chief.

When police arrived, they said they a preliminary investigation determined a teen gunman tried to rob one of two contractors rehabilitating a home when the contractor walked outside to retrieve equipment from a van. The contractor turned over his wallet.

The second contractor came to the front door and saw what was occurring, Neville said.

The gunman tried to rob him of his wallet, too, but the man – who has told police he has a permit to carry a concealed gun – pulled out his firearm.

crimeresearch.org/2015/12/four-concealed-handgun-permit-holders-use-their-guns-to-stop-violent-crimes-in-the-last-week/
1365 = 1

Last Edit: 14 Mar 2016 23:57 by novum.

Private Gun Ownership saves lives 15 Mar 2016 10:56 #3

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
That's 5 instances. How long do you think it would take to find 5 counter-examples? If we only had reliable statistics for these sort of things, we could determine if gun owners were getting more competent with their weapons, or just getting luckier.

ps. Out of curiosity, are you a gun owner, nov?
Last Edit: 15 Mar 2016 11:20 by ragnarok.

Private Gun Ownership saves lives 15 Mar 2016 13:28 #4

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

What is your definition of a counter example btw?
1365 = 1

Private Gun Ownership saves lives 15 Mar 2016 14:46 #5

• GMP
  • Silver Member
Anniversary of the Dunblane massacre this week.
A lunatic armed with handguns went into a primary school and shot dead a classroom of five year old kids and their teacher.
Following that handguns were banned from civilian ownership in the UK.
I'm in favour of farmers owning shotguns and rifles, they are a tool of the trade.
Handguns though IMO are best restricted to use by trained and licensed people.
We're lucky here in the UK to not have anything approaching the high numbers of handgun related deaths that happen in the USA each year.

Private Gun Ownership saves lives 15 Mar 2016 22:34 #6

• peacenik
  • Immortal
I know of plenty of times where private ownership of guns has stopped violet crime. Most you'll never hear of because the MSM has an agenda to associate guns with violence. Guns aren't violet....some people are.
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
User(s) who Liked this post: Lizzy

Private Gun Ownership saves lives 16 Mar 2016 13:25 #7

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
novum wrote:

What is your definition of a counter example btw?

You've posted stories representing guns in a semi-positive light(people's fathers/mothers/lovers/children/siblings are all on the receiving end of these guns, whatever the crime they are committing.). I know you're not a dumb chap, so I'm sure you could use google to find plenty of instances depicting the opposite. Just type "guns stolen" into the google search bar and click on the "News" section.

Private Gun Ownership saves lives 16 Mar 2016 13:33 #8

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
peacenik wrote:
I know of plenty of times where private ownership of guns has stopped violet crime. Most you'll never hear of because the MSM has an agenda to associate guns with violence. Guns aren't violet....some people are.

Say you're violent and want to destroy lots of people quickly, or just a law-abiding person receiving a home visit from the Sinaloa Cartel because they've had an address mix-up... what's the best tool for the job? A long pointy stick, or something that projects lots of little pointy - sometimes explode-y - things from a safe distance? Of the two, which do you think should be the most rigorously regulated?

Private Gun Ownership saves lives 16 Mar 2016 14:02 #9

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Sure people steal guns, it is one way for criminals to get one, but there are many other ways for them to get a gun and necessity is the mother of invention.

I remember mofos were caught making handguns for example not too far from me, id even visited that business/industrial complex and by chance was in a nearby shed to the machine shop that got done a few weeks after id been there.

If they cant steal them from law abiding citizens who had shit security, they will buy imported guns on the black market, or ulitmately make the effin things like the example i mentioned (there are many more examples of this) Especially in the era of programmable 5 axis CNC machines and the like that will turn a lump of steel into pretty much whatever you want, and repeatedly. And im not saying every 2 bit crook that wants to do a job or rob someone will cnc guns, but economics 101 says someone in the underworld will. Supply and demand. And it happens.

( Black market guns arent necessarily stolen btw, )

Law abiding citizens wont go via these routes to get a gun, which leaves guns in the perps hands if the law abiders cant have one, obviously. And you dont bring a knife to a gunfight. Flip side of that is, crims will use whatever they can including knives, so law abiding folk protecting their turf can have the upper hand if they are armed in these kinds of situations, and i say rightfully so.

Each to their own i suppose... some prefer to increase their own ability to defend incase there comes a moment where they might be a victim. Some places are more dangerous than others too, and the chance of being attacked is higher.
1365 = 1

User(s) who Liked this post: peacenik

Private Gun Ownership saves lives 16 Mar 2016 14:13 #10

• novum
  • Platinum Member
ragnarok wrote:
Say you're violent and want to destroy lots of people quickly, or just a law-abiding person receiving a home visit from the Sinaloa Cartel because they've had an address mix-up... what's the best tool for the job? A long pointy stick, or something that projects lots of little pointy - sometimes explode-y - things from a safe distance? Of the two, which do you think should be the most rigorously regulated?

Consider that politicians, govts and corporations dont give a fuck about you, me or most other common people getting shot.

We all know these are peoples who will invade entire countries to plunder them and kill thousands or more people to get what they want, and perhaps murder the residing status quo and perhaps some or all of their children also (iraq, libya).

Same friendly folk who might head up monsanto then get top jobs in the FDA also for example. Glyphosate is good for you, now eat your GMO corn and shut up about anything being bad about it. Dont matter if people get cancers or other health issues and end up in agony, pain and suffering. .

Consider that seat belt laws are there to ease loads on insurance companies and public healthcare systems, same goes for helmet laws and more. Not because a politician (corporate puppet) cares about our safety.

Consider the status quo want a weak populace who rely on the state for protection.

Anyway, no one has done more for gun sales recently than Obama and his lackeys, everytime they push harder, more people by a shit-ton of guns and ammo. Which i recall makes dots here go a little bit like. :ponda: :chuckle:
1365 = 1

Private Gun Ownership saves lives 16 Mar 2016 14:15 #11

• novum
  • Platinum Member
1365 = 1

Private Gun Ownership saves lives 16 Mar 2016 16:07 #12

• bd
  • Silver Member
  • bikerdruid
peacenik wrote:
Guns aren't violet....

some are pink, though.
"From each according to his ability, to each according to his need."
Last Edit: 16 Mar 2016 16:12 by bd.

Private Gun Ownership saves lives 16 Mar 2016 16:51 #13

• bd
  • Silver Member
  • bikerdruid

Private Gun Ownership saves lives 16 Mar 2016 17:42 #14

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
Consider that politicians, govts and corporations dont give a fuck about you, me or most other common people getting shot.

They don't, but in developed nations they at least have to pretend to give a fuck if they dont want to face a shitstorm of bad publicity.

If law-abiding citizens could be trusted to keep their weaponry secure, there'd be a lot less guns in the hands of criminals, which would be a plus for a gun owning society.

As to Obama's influence on gun ownership, he had to at least appear to be making an effort if he didn't want to be seen as a heartless politician.

Private Gun Ownership saves lives 16 Mar 2016 22:48 #15

• novum
  • Platinum Member
ragnarok wrote:
If law-abiding citizens could be trusted to keep their weaponry secure, there'd be a lot less guns in the hands of criminals, which would be a plus for a gun owning society.

While its true that some gun owners are apathetic to keeping their stuff secure, many others arent. I dont agree that the 'fix' to this though is disarming the populace and leaving guns only in the hands of only those who have no regard for the law.

bd, that link you put up is quite a sad and unfortunate story, but i think its a stretch to blame Donald Trump for it, if anything the writers of that piece are using innocent peoples deaths for political point scoring and it shows. And in saying that, im not a Trump 'fan' .... I think theyre all the same and will continue to go with that unless proven otherwise. See the vid on the home page of this site, i tend to agree with the kind of things Ed Griffin speaks about there.

When it comes to what presidents really are, im of the opinion that the deceit is far greater than most people can fathom.

I see it like a game akin to randolph and mortimer making bets on who is going to be right (Aaron Russos film Trading Places).

Right now i think Trump (and his team behind him) have suprised some of his mates and is showing them a thing or two about current public sentiment.
1365 = 1

User(s) who Liked this post: peacenik

Private Gun Ownership saves lives 17 Mar 2016 00:41 #16

• peacenik
  • Immortal
ragnarok wrote:
peacenik wrote:

So then it's the people who use guns for the wrong reasons, you have a problem with, rather than the gun itself?
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu

Private Gun Ownership saves lives 17 Mar 2016 00:49 #17

• peacenik
  • Immortal
bd wrote:
peacenik wrote:
Guns aren't violet....

some are pink, though.

Is that what you did, did you go ahead and paint your SKS 7.62 x 39 mm ,pink? :larf:

Private Gun Ownership saves lives 17 Mar 2016 00:58 #18

• peacenik
  • Immortal
ragnarok wrote:

Why don't you bitch about the criminals not securing their weapons, and stop harping about honest citizens not securing theirs? The problem is NOT law abiding citizens, it's the criminals.

Private Gun Ownership saves lives 17 Mar 2016 01:37 #19

• bd
  • Silver Member
  • bikerdruid
peacenik wrote:
bd wrote:
peacenik wrote:
Guns aren't violet....

some are pink, though.

Is that what you did, did you go ahead and paint your SKS 7.62 x 39 mm ,pink? :larf:

no,actually, my SKS is original.
i merely pointed out your spelling mistake in a humourous manner.
those intelligent enough would have known that.
pink guns are available.
Last Edit: 17 Mar 2016 01:39 by bd.

Private Gun Ownership saves lives 17 Mar 2016 02:31 #20

• peacenik
  • Immortal
bd wrote:
peacenik wrote:
bd wrote:
peacenik wrote:
Guns aren't violet....

some are pink, though.

no,actually, my SKS is original.
i merely pointed out your spelling mistake in a humourous manner.
those intelligent enough would have known that.
pink guns are available.
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare