Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rahaf Mohammed al Qunun

Rahaf Mohammed al Qunun 07 Jan 2019 13:33 #1

• annabelle
  • Silver Member

twitter.com/rahaf84427714

According to what I have read on this case, this is a a person who should be helped and granted asylum.

She (an 18 yr old Saudi girl) has said that she was being threatened by her family such as if she ever did anything wrong they would kill her (told this since she was a child) and that her family locked her up for six months for cutting her hair and abused her. Her family, including herself, went to Kuwait for a visit which was her chance to escape. She fled to the airport in Kuwait while her family was asleep. With the help of a friend, she got a ticket and visa to fly to Australia and had a stop over in Thailand.

Saudi authorities at the Thai airport confiscated her passport and said that her father had contacted them and was demanding her return back to Kuwait. Her father said that she did not travel with a male guardian and is 'mentally ill'. When her father ended up being asked for proof of her 'mental illness' he fell silent and has not provided any proof.

Saudi and Kuwaiti officials forcibly took her passport, a 'male guardian' had also reported her for traveling 'without his permission'.

When she asked for her passport back in the Thai airport and asked to be allowed to fly to another country (before she barricaded herself), officials insisted she would be deported.

Thai authorities were set to have her forced back to Kuwait on an airlines flight. She was not allowed to leave the airport and ended up barricading herself in a hotel room on airport property. The Kuwaiti airlines flight left without her.

She has said of her family

'I am scared.

'My brother told me that he's waiting with some Saudi men.

'They will take me to Saudi Arabia and my father will kill me, because he is so angry.

'He will kill me. My family will do this. I know them.

'They kept telling me they will kill me if I do something wrong - they say that since I was a child.'

'They will kill me. I am so scared. I want to go to another country, and stay safe. I have a visa for Australia, I want to go there. I don't know what I will do.

'I have to fight, because I don't want to lose my life.'

'I'm sure 100 percent they will kill me as soon as I get out of the Saudi jail,' she said, adding that she was 'scared' and 'losing hope'.

Her father works as a Saudi government official.

Human Rights Watch Asia deputy director Phil Robertson said: 'As far as we can tell, her father is a prominent government official, I expect he's going to be very very harsh.

'Certainly he's senior enough to do whatever he wants to his daughter and nobody is going to raise a finger against him.

'There's a long history of what they call 'honour violence'.

Rahaf has shared via Twitter her reasons for fleeing her family and the threatening behavior of Saudi officials in Bangkok airport.

In a tweet she said: 'I have been threatened by several staff from the Saudi embassy and the Kuwaiti airlines, and they said 'If you run, we will find you and kidnap you, then deal with you' I really don't know how they are going to behave in case I run.'

In another tweet, with an accompanying video, she said: 'I can't even ask for protection or asylum in Thailand. Thai police refuse to help me.'

Another tweet read: 'I'm afraid my family will kill me.'

She tried to plead with the President of the United states directly, tweeting: '@realDonaldTrump please help me. I'm hoping that you heard about me. I'm Saudi girl who fled from her family. Now I could be killed if they drag me back to my male guardian.'

Thai officials claim it is a family matter and say she will be deported to Saudi Arabia - where renouncing Islam is punishable by death, and activists say women are at risk of 'honour killings' by family members.

She has reportedly told a news outlet that she has renounced Islam.

It is a chilling echo of the case of Dina Ali Lasloom, 24, a Saudi woman who in April 2017 was held for 13 hours in Manila airport while trying to flee a forced marriage. She was forcibly taken back to Saudi Arabia by uncles and never heard from again.

Thailand's immigration chief Surachate Hakparn said Rahaf would be sent back to Saudi Arabia by Monday morning, adding, 'It's a family problem'.

Saudi Arabia, the ultra-conservative Middle Eastern kingdom has long been criticised for imposing some of the world's toughest restrictions on women.

That includes a guardianship system that allows men to exercise arbitrary authority to make decisions on behalf of their female relatives.

note:
Though I am thoroughly against the 'multicultural' agenda and mass illegal immigration, I do believe that people like Rahaf and the presumed dead Dina, should be granted protection and asylum in another country.

If Rahaf were to be forcibly returned to Saudi Arabia, she would disappear and never be heard from again. She has the right to fight against her own destruction.

It's happened before: Saudi woman fleeing forced marriage disappeared in 2017

She posted videos on Twitter saying she was trying to escape a forced marriage and feared violence and even death at the hands of her family if she was returned to the kingdom.

She said: 'My name is Dina Ali and I'm a Saudi woman who fled Saudi Arabia to Australia to seek asylum.

'Please help me. I'm recording this video to help me and know that I'm real and I'm here.

'My family will come and kill me'.

Ms Lasloom's passport was confiscated by authorities in the Philippines at Manila airport, and she was held for 13 hours.

Her case received publicity via help from a Canadian tourist, but she was nonetheless reportedly duct-taped before being being forced on a flight back to Riyadh by uncles.

She has not been heard from since.

Last Edit: 07 Jan 2019 21:02 by annabelle.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Flare

Rahaf Mohammed al Qunun 07 Jan 2019 14:11 #2

• Flare
^ In such case I'd gladly have her enter the country.

Rahaf Mohammed al Qunun 07 Jan 2019 22:19 #3

• annabelle
  • Silver Member
Good on Australia for doing the right thing.

"The Australian government said on Monday night Rahaf Mohammed al-Qunun’s situation was “deeply concerning” and it had lobbied the Thai government and the UNHCR to allow her to formally claim asylum."

“The Australian embassy in Thailand has made representations to both the Thai government and the Bangkok office of the UNHCR to seek assurances that Ms Al-Qunun can access the UNHCR’s refugee status determination process in Thailand.”

Sarah Hanson-Young, a Greens senator from South Australia, called on Australia to act quickly to issue Qunun with emergency travel documents.

www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/08/rahaf-al-qunun-saudi-woman-under-un-protection-as-australia-urges-asylum-claim

She has reportedly had her passport returned to her.

twitter.com/rahaf84427714

Rahaf Mohammed al Qunun 07 Jan 2019 22:37 #4

• annabelle
  • Silver Member
Flare wrote:

Well..... it is good that you see the sense in not returning her to what in all likelihood would have been her death and would be glad for her to enter Australia.
Last Edit: 07 Jan 2019 22:40 by annabelle.

Rahaf Mohammed al Qunun 08 Jan 2019 00:10 #5

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Just dont send her to Lakemba. :yeahno:
He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.
- Compressions 13.3:1

Rahaf Mohammed al Qunun 08 Jan 2019 01:37 #6

• annabelle
  • Silver Member
I imagine that even in Australia she will never be completely safe and will have to watch her back and stay on guard. Hopefully she will have some kind of protection.

Rahaf Mohammed al Qunun 08 Jan 2019 08:40 #7

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Well if her family have people in OZ and they put feelers out it could be detrimental for her if its followed up on.... but she has a much better chance of escaping that shit in a non majority Islamic country.

I dont know the numbers but I suspect there are very few Saudis in Australia vs others of Islamic faith who made it over.

And perhaps lower level officials or at least public sector govt workers in OZ are less corruptable than places like the aforementioned where lackeys happily yoinked her password on the request of some dish towel wearing abdullah relative of hers... so thuggery or cash waved around to try track her down might not bear fruit, if she makes it over.
Last Edit: 08 Jan 2019 08:43 by novum.

Rahaf Mohammed al Qunun 08 Jan 2019 14:01 #8

• annabelle
  • Silver Member
She's far from being out of the woods yet:

Thai lawyers had filed for an injunction at the Bangkok Criminal Court seeking, "to prevent the deportation of #Rahaf ...

....the court had rejected the request for an injunction, according to a statement posted to Facebook by the NPS law firm. NPS said the request was rejected by the court due to a lack of evidence to support the young woman's claims and prove her identity.

www.cbsnews.com/news/rahaf-al-qunun-saudi-woman-fleeing-family-remains-holed-up-thailand-airport-hotel-asylum-abuse/

While looking up what constitutes 'proof' it seems very difficult........like having to have texts, photographs or videos of the abuse :facepalm: . It is often male relatives in Saudi Arabia who are feared and are the abusers in these cases but how is a fearful woman suppose to photograph or videotape her own abuse in order to 'prove it' without putting herself more at risk? that could get her killed........when it comes to 'state abuse' they are expected to show arrest records, proof of speaking out against the regime and having suffered for it, hospital records to prove injuries as a result etc..

All the while under the Saudi Arabian 'male guardian' system...

.....a woman’s life is controlled by a man from birth until death. Every Saudi woman must have a male guardian, normally a father or husband, but in some cases a brother or even a son, who has the power to make a range of critical decisions on her behalf.

Women who have escaped abuse in shelters may, and in prisons do, require a male relative to agree to their release before they may exit state facilities.

Dr. Heba, a women’s rights activist, explained, “The [authorities] keep a woman in jail… until her legal guardian comes and gets her, even if he is the one who put her in jail.”

Saudi Arabia’s imposition of the guardianship system is grounded in the most restrictive interpretation of an ambiguous Quranic verse—an interpretation challenged by dozens of Saudi women, including professors ...

Adult women must obtain permission from a male guardian to travel, marry, or exit prison. They may be required to provide guardian consent in order to work or access healthcare. Women regularly face difficulty conducting a range of transactions without a male relative, from renting an apartment to filing legal claims.

A woman cannot open a bank account, nor apply for a credit card, without her guardian’s permission.

A Saudi court will only recognize a marriage with a guardian’s approval. When a woman marries, her husband becomes her guardian (taking over from her father). If she is widowed, guardianship is transferred to her son or back to her father or uncle (if her father is deceased).

Travel documents (such as a passport) can only be obtained with the consent of the guardian.

Saudi Arabia is explicitly an Islamic state, with no separation between state and religion. According to Article 1 of the Basic Law of Saudi Arabia (its equivalent to a constitution), “The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is a sovereign Arab Islamic state with Islam as its religion; God’s Book and the Sunnah of His Prophet (God’s prayers and peace be upon him) are its constitution.” The country’s laws are based on Sharia law.

Like many Islamic states, “blasphemy” is conceived as a deviation from Sunni Islam and is thus treated as apostasy. Apostasy is criminalized and punishable by death. The death sentence is also used to address “crimes” of “witchcraft” and “sorcery”.

In March 2014, the Government brought into law new anti-terrorism legislation, which defines atheism as terrorism. Article 1 of the law defines terrorism as: “Calling for atheist thought in any form, or calling into question the fundamentals of the Islamic religion on which this country is based.” Since the government system is grounded in Wahhabi interpretations of Islam, non-believers are assumed to be enemies of the Saudi state.

This legislation not only frames non-believers as terrorists but, along with related royal decrees, creates a legal framework that outlaws as terrorism nearly all thought or expression critical of the government and its understanding of Islam.

The punishment used for any perceived criticism of the ruling family or the state’s interpretation of Islam is harsh and often secret.

end-blasphemy-laws.org/countries/middle-east-and-north-africa/saudi-arabia/
Last Edit: 08 Jan 2019 14:07 by annabelle.

Rahaf Mohammed al Qunun 08 Jan 2019 17:18 #9

• Flare
annabelle wrote:
Flare wrote:

Well..... it is good that you see the sense in not returning her to what in all likelihood would have been her death and would be glad for her to enter Australia.

^ And I sense you don't think too well about me. :roll:

What were you thinking in the first case... that I would have wanted her to be sent back to certain death?

Rahaf Mohammed al Qunun 10 Jan 2019 01:39 #10

• MrAnderson
  • Silver Member
www.infowars.com/bbc-deletes-tweet-promoting-debate-on-whether-honor-killings-are-good-or-bad/

omg he posted infowars

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
The BBC was left red faced after a huge backlash to a tweet which suggested that there should be a “debate” around whether honor killings are justified or not.

18-year-old Rahaf Mohammed al-Qunun fled Saudi Arabia after renouncing Islam, which is punishable by death in the Gulf Kingdom.

nothing to see hear

just a bunch of ungrateful Asians in Britain having fantasies of instructing Brits to debate if she should be free or if she should be returned home to be killed

carry on

Rahaf Mohammed al Qunun 11 Jan 2019 00:58 #11

• annabelle
  • Silver Member

Saudi embassy charge d'affaires Abdulilah al-Shouaibi remarks at a meeting that Thai authorities should have confiscated Saudi asylum-seeker Rahaf Mohammed al-Qunun's "cell phone instead of her passport", after she galvanised a global campaign with her social media savvy.

UN has said an 18-year-old Saudi woman who fled her family is a legitimate refugee and has asked Australia to resettle her, Canberra said, as the Twitter-led campaign to grant her asylum edged towards resolution.

Last Edit: 11 Jan 2019 01:29 by annabelle.

Rahaf Mohammed al Qunun 11 Jan 2019 01:17 #12

• Gaia
  • Gold Member
"Believe there is a being way bigger than us that will punish people after death..."
"Need to protect this all powerful being from being offended..."

Fuck Allah.
The Only Limit is Your Own Imagination
A truth seeker is someone who dares to wade through thick series of toxic smoke screens and tries not to inhale - Gaia
"What do you call 'genius'?" "Well, seeing things others don't see. Or rather the invisible links between things."
- Vladimir Nabokov (1938)
"The silence of conspiracy. Slaughtered on the altar of apathy." - Lords of the New Church (1982)

Rahaf Mohammed al Qunun 11 Jan 2019 02:19 #13

• annabelle
  • Silver Member
Labor has said the Saudi teenager Rahaf Mohammed al-Qunun should be resettled in Australia now that her refugee claim had been validated.

The party’s foreign affairs spokeswoman, Penny Wong, told ABC radio on Thursday Bill Shorten had written to Scott Morrison urging him to accept Qunun.

“Labor has been supportive of the government’s moves to consider humanitarian settlement in Australia given she has been found to be owed protection,” Wong said.

“Shorten did write to the prime minister on Tuesday indicating that if she had a valid claim we support their efforts to offer her settlement in Australia.”

Asked if the social media hype around Qunun’s case might spark copycats, Wong said every case had to be considered on its merits.

“Obviously the fact that it became high profile may have heightened any risk to her should she return, that’s certainly one argument I’ve seen put,” Wong said.

Qunun expressed delight overnight that the United Nations refugee agency had granted her refugee status.

On Wednesday, the UN high commissioner for refugees found Qunun to be a refugee and referred her to Australia for resettlement.

“Hey.. I’m happy,” she tweeted.

The Department of Home Affairs said it “will consider this referral in the usual way, as it does with all UNHCR referrals”.

On Wednesday the home affairs minister, Peter Dutton, warned there would be “no special treatment” for Qunun.

Ordinarily a UNHCR referral to Australia gets put in a queue without priority.

The case goes through normal processing such as security and character checks which can take months or even years depending on available information and how easy it is to corroborate, said an immigration insider.

In this high-profile case, the speed of processing will largely be dependent on whether the minister or department secretary have issued any guidance or priority to the case.

A UNHCR spokeswoman told the Guardian that Qunun remained “in a safe location in Bangkok for the time being”.

Australia’s foreign affairs minister, Marise Payne, is in Thailand on Thursday for an official visit. As well as the Qunun case she is expected to discuss Hakeem al-Araibi, the Australian permanent resident who has been detained in Thailand for six weeks and fears deportation to Bahrain.

The Australian director of Human Rights Watch, Elaine Pearson, said it might take up to a week for a humanitarian visa for Qunun to come through, but she would “love for her to get on a plane with the foreign minister”.

Qunun has refused to meet with her father, who arrived in Bangkok on Tuesday. She had said on social media she was afraid of such an encounter.

The father wanted his daughter back and said his wife had fallen ill from the stress of the situation, Surachate Hakparn said.

He described the man as being a governor in Saudi Arabia.

www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/jan/10/rahaf-al-qunun-labor-says-saudi-refugee-should-be-resettled-in-australia

Rahaf Mohammed al Qunun 11 Jan 2019 08:59 #14

• novum
  • Platinum Member
annabelle wrote:
It's happened before: Saudi woman fleeing forced marriage disappeared in 2017

She posted videos on Twitter saying she was trying to escape a forced marriage and feared violence and even death at the hands of her family if she was returned to the kingdom.

She said: 'My name is Dina Ali and I'm a Saudi woman who fled Saudi Arabia to Australia to seek asylum.

'Please help me. I'm recording this video to help me and know that I'm real and I'm here.

'My family will come and kill me'.

Ms Lasloom's passport was confiscated by authorities in the Philippines at Manila airport, and she was held for 13 hours.

Her case received publicity via help from a Canadian tourist, but she was nonetheless reportedly duct-taped before being being forced on a flight back to Riyadh by uncles.

She has not been heard from since.

She might not be dead ey, perhaps her towel head "owners" just took all her devices, banned her from getting online and keep her the same as Anglin and weev would keep a woman, prisoner or even in a cage etc etc. :shiner:

This is what progressives think progress is and want to import that mentality to the west. :facepalm:

Rahaf Mohammed al Qunun 11 Jan 2019 12:57 #15

• annabelle
  • Silver Member
On Friday afternoon she posted a final cryptic tweet on her profile saying "I have some good news and some bad news" - shortly after her account was deactivated.

"Rahaf received death threats and for this reason she closed her Twitter account, please save Rahaf life," tweeted supporter @nourahfa313, who has flanked Rahaf's social media campaign with her own updates on Twitter.

ewn.co.za/2019/01/11/saudi-asylum-seeker-in-thailand-pulls-twitter-account-over-threats

Rahaf Mohammed al Qunun 11 Jan 2019 17:50 #16

• MrAnderson
  • Silver Member
Sucks for the narrative of islamaphobia when even the muslim.women are flipping Islam the bird

Rahaf Mohammed al Qunun 12 Jan 2019 17:36 #17

• annabelle
  • Silver Member
Saudi teen who fled family 'very, very happy to be in her new home' after landing in Toronto

A Saudi teen has been granted asylum in Canada.

Her flight from Seoul, South Korea, landed in Toronto a day after Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced his government would accept 18-year-old Rahaf Mohammed al-Qunun as a refugee.

Al-Qunun, wearing a hoodie emblazoned with the word Canada, waved to reporters as she walked through Toronto's Pearson International Airport, but did not comment on her arrival in Canada.

She was accompanied by Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland, who said al-Qunun will be going to her unspecified "new home."

"She wanted Canadians to see that she's here, that she's well and that she is very, very happy to be in her new home," Freeland explained.

Tensions with Saudi Arabia

But the move to accept al-Qunun could serve to heighten tensions between Canada and Saudi Arabia.

In August, Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman expelled Canada's ambassador and withdrew his own envoy after Freeland used Twitter to call for the release of women's rights activists who had been arrested in the country.

The Saudis also sold Canadian investments and recalled their students from universities in Canada.

www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/saudi-runaway-woman-1.4976076

Rahaf Mohammed al Qunun 12 Jan 2019 20:13 #18

• MrAnderson
  • Silver Member
Jesus these liberals are schizophrenic

Surely she will be berated to death under the proposed legislation M103 the "dont offend Islam " law to be.

Gods sake.

Welcome to Canada lady.
User(s) who Liked this post: annabelle

Rahaf Mohammed al Qunun 12 Jan 2019 20:40 #19

• Gaia
  • Gold Member
Can't those filthy brown people stay in their own countries instead of white genociding Canada? :nea:
The Only Limit is Your Own Imagination
A truth seeker is someone who dares to wade through thick series of toxic smoke screens and tries not to inhale - Gaia
"What do you call 'genius'?" "Well, seeing things others don't see. Or rather the invisible links between things."
- Vladimir Nabokov (1938)
"The silence of conspiracy. Slaughtered on the altar of apathy." - Lords of the New Church (1982)

Rahaf Mohammed al Qunun 12 Jan 2019 21:53 #20

• MrAnderson
  • Silver Member
Gaia wrote:
Can't those filthy brown people stay in their own countries instead of white genociding Canada? :nea:

Cheap shot out of context and you know it is.
  • Page:
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare