New Site Announcement Please Read...

Doorknob

Reaction score
Hark the deafening silence!

Come on Novum, I’m doing my bit keeping it going. Even an acknowledgement of ‘Hmm, well, perhaps …’ would stop me thinking I’m talking to a brick wall. :-)

Exorcist

Reaction score
@ Doorknob

All in all you're just a
n'other prick in the wall.........:roflha:

Last edited:

Exorcist

Reaction score
@ Novum

On a serious note

1) Is the envelope symbol (Conversations) the new forum's version of a P.M. ?
2) Is it private ie inaccessible to Admin. and Moderators ?

novum

Staff member
Reaction score
@ Novum

On a serious note

1) Is the envelope symbol (Conversations) the new forum's version of a P.M. ?
2) Is it private ie inaccessible to Admin. and Moderators ?

Yes, PMs are now called 'conversations'

and yes, if i really wanted to, as an admin I could go digging around in the database and read them. (mods cant do that) .

Now, I really cant be arsed reading peoples PMs, and i dont even think ive logged into the new db here once yet... but im not going to tell you i cant when i could. The old forum was encrypted in the database so it just looked like jibberish to anyone like me looking in, I couldnt read them. Here theyd be sitting there in plain text. So if you want to talk to people really privately, find another way.. although any way that isnt people talking in a field with no devices around is probably accessible by somebody somewhere lets face it lmao... even telegram is probably not as private as they claim it to be.

novum

Staff member
Reaction score
Hark the deafening silence!

Come on Novum, I’m doing my bit keeping it going. Even an acknowledgement of ‘Hmm, well, perhaps …’ would stop me thinking I’m talking to a brick wall. :-)

Hmm, well, perhaps...

Doorknob

Reaction score
Hmm, well, perhaps...
I appreciate you must be under a big workload and pressure trying to do this transfer, but if that’s going to be your attitude … Was only trying to be helpful.