New Site Announcement Please Read...

novum

Staff member
Reaction score
We have a thread for that, lets try keep this one about the site stuff.

roastie

Reaction score
I have strong immunity and take my D3 tablets. I haven't taken vaccinations for covid.
Are you one of those who denies that the virus exists?

Frothy, hello! For some inexplicable reason I'm pleased to see you here again! That's not sarcasm btw, I like
your humour and take on things, even though I may not agree with them.

I don't know if the virus exists or not, but according to a Freedom of information request to the Office for National
Statistics in England and Wales in December 2021 only 17,000 people died from Covid alone in 21 months out of a population of
over 56,000,000 people.
Over 500,000 people die every year from various causes in England and Wales

They changed the way they reported deaths in 2020 and scared the world into lockdown, economic disaster for many
but most importantly to give them this damned vaccine, which is nefarious imo.

novum

Staff member
Reaction score
It's fine, and im guilty of being the one who started it... lets just not turn it into pages and pages here, we have the caroma thread already.

novum

Staff member
Reaction score
I

I better not reply and make a mess in novum's shiny new forum.

You can always press reply on roasts post here to get the quote, then paste it into the corona thread... if you want to that is.

Frothy

Reaction score
You can always press reply on roasts post here to get the quote, then paste it into the corona thread... if you want to that is.
You mean on the old forum Coronavirus thread, I don't see one on this forum?

novum

Staff member
Reaction score
FFS so you have to register all over again
So this is it now?

Without getting too geeky , the database structure is very different between the old and new sites.

Very tricky to migrate things automatically, i won’t go on and on but it’s easier if folks just sign up again.

I must say this one is much better on phones and i actually want to use it when I have to be on the phone , before it was difficult.

I AM ALL I AM

Reaction score
G'day Novum.

When the Infinite Love forum moved from a free forum to a dot com, the 'old' forum was archived into its' own subforum with posting disabled. It is an easy option instead of laboriously moving each and every thread onto this new platform. :thumbup:

novum

Staff member
Reaction score
G'day Novum.

When the Infinite Love forum moved from a free forum to a dot com, the 'old' forum was archived into its' own subforum with posting disabled. It is an easy option instead of laboriously moving each and every thread onto this new platform. :thumbup:

Im not sure how to do that with what we have, the old kunena forum is so different to this one in the database, all i can do easily is link to the old forum, i cant make it a subforum here easily.

I have put a link in the main menu.. 'Old Forum' for those who havent seen it yet, did that recently.

I AM ALL I AM

Reaction score
Im not sure how to do that with what we have, the old kunena forum is so different to this one in the database, all i can do easily is link to the old forum, i cant make it a subforum here easily.

I have put a link in the main menu.. 'Old Forum' for those who havent seen it yet, did that recently.

G'day mate.

Is there a forum for this platform that you can ask the question at?

As you know, I didn't deal with the back-end or technical shit on Infy, so I personally wouldn't have a clue about how to go about it. I do recall trawling a forum that was set up for the platform we were on in which you could start a thread and would get a 'tech geek' explain how you can do it. As far as I recall, we could not transfer posts because of incompatibility issues and could only archive the old forum.

novum

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes this is a 'xenforo' forum and there is plenty of talk about migrations.

I couldnt find anyone who had successfully migrated kunena (our old forum) to xenforo directly.

Apparently you can go kunena to simple machines forum (SMF) , then xenforo. But the examples given and some of the tools to do that was referring to old versions of kunena versus where we ended up.

I tried to migrate our kunena to SMF for a day straight and could not get any of it to work like people said, put it down to us having a newer kunena vs the old info that was out there.

I also signed up to cms2cms and went through their demo (with the intent on paying them to do it)... the demo migrates some users and posts... well the data was off on the demo, strange things happened with times and dates and the db was out of whack. It was clear it didnt work right and it wouldnt work for the lot if I paid them.

The quote was 1400 usd to do the lot... and i knew that the lot would be out of whack. If I thought it would migrate it properly i might have considered it, but theres no guarantees with them and reviews were terrible when people have problems... seems like its "tough luck pal" kind of deal... youre stuck with however it turns out.

So its not so easy but I know somebody out there would have the skills to do it... not me though. :grin

Perhaps I could put the old site in an iframe embedded in here but its not really combining the sites... it would just appear so... and its still less messy if people just went to the old site if they want to find or quote things.

cultsmasher

Reaction score
Hey everyone, this is a new site for TZ, based on the much more modern xenforo platform.

Kunena has done ok for us, but you do get what you pay for, and its a little long in the tooth and lacking in features.
I attempted various ways to import the old site to this, so that all the users, posts, threads and so on carried over.

But there was nothing out there I could get to work, and was quoted $1400 USD by cms2cms to do it... and the reviews arent so great, i think it wouldve ended up messy and problematic.

So I decided to start new with a fresh install of xenforo, and need everyone to sign up again here fresh. I can add users myself but its probably easier if you guys just register here with your preferred email and password.

I will be bringing the threads and posts over manually over time. I can also change everyones 'join date' to the original join date on the original site.

In the meantime, the old site will be left up and I will be changing it to read only eventually.

We can start new threads here about the current issues and topics, preferrably with the same or similar titles. When I transfer the older posts over I can merge the threads.

I know that not everyone will be happy about this, and in some ways its unsettling... but I think soon enough you will all find xenforo easier to use, and appreciate the notification feature, as well as other features that the old forum software does not support.

Any questions let me know in this thread. I created this category just for the site move, new threads in this category will have to be approved, if you must start a new thread rather than reply to this one, keep it on topic about the site changes.

Some of the features of xenforo include a good ignore feature, the ability to tag members , just put the @ in front of a users name, for example @novum

All your notifications will show on the one bell icon whether it be likes, replies, tags, and the rest.

Xenforo works MUCH better on phones also, something which was problematic with the old site.

There will be teething problems no doubt but i think we need to do this now rather than go even deeper with the old kunena.

Obviously the URL of this new site is https://new.truth-zone.net .... once some time has passed I will change that to truth-zone.net , and put something infront of the old forum to indicate its not the current forum. We will all still be able to read and access it, log in, search, everything. But I will turn posting off there at some point so we arent posting on 2 different forums.

How much does forum hosting software cost. As I said elsewhere, it's too bad that this new platform doesn't allow you to import pictures without using a URL address. Also, I know a way that you can really increase your membership. Rename this forum The Lie Zone Forum. From what I have seen elsewhere, that is what the vast majority of people seem to prefer. Lies. Though they like to think of their lies as truth.

novum

Staff member
Reaction score
$160 usd for a xenforo forum license. Then you need web hosting and a domain name.

We could set it to upload pics directly but that would need much more expensive hosting to support the extra storage needed plus resources pulled from the server when people are hitting the site and accessing those pics that would be hosted by us instead of elsewhere

novum

Staff member
Reaction score
I seek the Holy Grail. And the Wiikkidd account is not logging properly.

Hey kidd, youre going to have to make a new account here on this new forum, the accounts have not been carried over to this new forum as too many software differences.

Just make a new account here with Wiikkidd or whatever you want to use.

N

Nathan Doorknob

OK guys so I have flicked the switch regarding the domains.

This new site is now truth-zone.net

The original site has a new prefix called 'legacy'

So its accessible via this URL

https://legacy.truth-zone.net

https://legacy.truth-zone.net/forum.html

I have not turned that forum off yet in regards to ability to post, I will do that soon and will let people know.

Id prefer people post here from now on if possible, and if one wants to continue a thread from there just start a new one with the same name.. i can merge them later when threads/posts from there are brought over.

Expect some weirdness with the web addresses working right because the changes I just made have to propagate across the interwebs and it usually takes 24hrs or so to all come good.
The site works fine, but although a newbie here’s my input. You’re going to have major problems with the change from old to new. People get settled, forge alliances and friends and the new is like asking them to start all over again. If someone has written say 2,000 posts over a period of years, to have all that wiped clean would be a major personal upset.

A plus is that it’s probably one of the few safe spaces left where the crazies can congregate, or is that a bit too strong a term? I’m pretty sure that brought a smile to your face, if not in public.

Get rid of anyone who hasn’t posted for six months and if possible, try to manually move over your old regular posters, so that when you do throw the switch they’re redirected here and are already registered instead of having to start from scratch. Labour intensive, but if it’s possible it might lessen the blow.

Tin foil hats on and away we go … (;

Doorknob

Reaction score
Put this post on without realizing I wasn’t logged in (Duh) and wondered why it asked me for details and then saw it was to be moderated first. My mistake, sorry about that. Here we are.

The site works fine, but although a newbie here’s my input. You’re going to have major problems with the change from old to new. People get settled, forge alliances and friends and the new is like asking them to start all over again. If someone has written say 2,000 posts over a period of years, to have all that wiped clean would be a major personal upset.

A plus is that it’s probably one of the few safe spaces left where the crazies can congregate, or is that a bit too strong a term? I’m pretty sure that brought a smile to your face though, in private if not in public. :-)

Suggestion: Get rid of anyone who hasn’t posted for six months and if possible, try to manually move over your old regular posters, so that when you do throw the switch they’re redirected here and are already registered instead of having to start from scratch. Labour intensive, but if it’s possible it might lessen the blow?

Last edited: